Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

Because it's spitting in the faces of all the Angels fans who cheered for him and bought his jersey for years.

This is a very bad faith argument

Would you stay on the Angels if you could leave and go anywhere???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

This is a very bad faith argument

Would you stay on the Angels if you could leave and go anywhere???

He CAN go anywhere. He will have tons of options. Going to their hated rival in the same city is scumbagy.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Is it just selective memory or has this sort of fire sale of "slightly better than marginal talent" never happened at the playoff roster deadline before?

I don't recall it, but with the shifting of roster sizes and trade deadlines in recent years I might have just missed it.

A few years ago, you'd have basically everyone on waivers which would then lead to August trades. August trades are dead now so I guess teams that know they are dead just tossing their pending free agents onto the waiver wire is the new meta.

mcmagic posted:

He CAN go anywhere. He will have tons of options. Going to their hated rival in the same city is scumbagy.

:lmao:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

No it isn't, it's just business.

They also have the rivalry of an ant and a boot

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Because it's spitting in the faces of all the Angels fans who cheered for him and bought his jersey for years.

None of us care. Hell I wear a Dodgers hat most days because I look terrible in red.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Have the Dodgers even heard of the Angels

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gorman Thomas posted:

None of us care. Hell I wear a Dodgers hat most days because I look terrible in red.

It's possible that I don't have a great read on the Angels/Dodgers dynamic.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ohtani gave a good chunk of his career to an organization that couldn't build a winner with him and Mike Trout on the roster, he doesn't owe them or their fans anything beyond all the good play they already got

Angels fans should point their anger at where it belongs (which, to their credit, they seem to be doing). Players don't care about this sort of thing very much and definitely shouldn't let it get in the way of a good shot at a title or the bag.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Their hated interleague rival

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I don't mind the Dodgers or the Mariners or anyone really. In fact I kinda hope Ohtani leaves because it'll make it easier for me to not care about this stupid team.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mcmagic posted:

mcmagic I have long championed you as the only good Yankees poster, but this is just lol lmao

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The Dodgers and Angels are not, and have never been, hated rivals lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only intracity rivalry is cubs/sox, these fans genuninely loving hate each other because both teams sucked so bad for so long and got owned in every meaningful game they played for a century to they have to resort to getting mad about the equally lovely team across town and every single time these teams play there's one of those dumb asscrack guy fights in the bleachers, doesn't matter what park it's at.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only intracity rivalry is cubs/sox, these fans genuninely loving hate each other because both teams sucked so bad for so long and got owned in every meaningful game they played for a century to they have to resort to getting mad about the equally lovely team across town and every single time these teams play there's one of those dumb asscrack guy fights in the bleachers, doesn't matter what park it's at.

The Malort Matchup: everyone loses, and it's distinctly Chicago.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

If a beloved Cub went to the Sox I wouldn't be mad, I would be genuinely sad for them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

As much as Arte pretends otherwise, Anaheim is not Los Angeles

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I love The Power of Friendship

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

N: Gavin Williams, once of the Guardians' new rookie pitchers, had to leave the game with knee soreness after slipping on a pitch in the 1st inning.

V: gently caress gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Poque posted:

If a beloved Cub went to the Sox I wouldn't be mad, I would be genuinely sad for them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

poque shaking his head over david aardsma

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Shohei sign with the Astros instead of the Angels heated rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers of Chavez Ravine.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

I remember his brief tenure as Mariner closer!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am still laughing at the Belly Gun

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sab0921 posted:

Shohei sign with the Astros Mariners instead of the Angels heated rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers of Chavez Ravine.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Alphabet King!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Just learned that Santo played 164 games in 1965 lol

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

The Milwaukee Brewers actually lost a game!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Absolutely thrilled by the end of the Cardinals game wtf is happening

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs have won the super bowl

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Explosionface posted:

Both teams went 0-12 with RISP

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Mitch Haniger is back after 10 weeks and with a steel plate in his arm :unsmith:

sucks that Heliot Ramos got optioned but he'll be back

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Explosionface posted:

Shut out even. Amazing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Both teams went 0-12 with RISP

Milwaukee had like 3-4 otherwise no doubt HR's knocked down by some classic Wrigley wind as well. Taylor had a 105 MPH flyout that even with the wind-reduced distance would have been a HR in 28/30 parks, with only Wrigley and Camden holding it in :lol::lol::lol:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Jays nearly pulled a NOBLETIGER which seems just about right for how things have gone this season

FG gave their odds at 48% this morning but the AL West schedules are tissue paper soft. It feels like it has to be worst than that

ETA: those « give Manoah a chance » starts are really going to bite us hard

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 30, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Milwaukee had like 3-4 otherwise no doubt HR's knocked down by some classic Wrigley wind as well. Taylor had a 105 MPH flyout that even with the wind-reduced distance would have been a HR in 28/30 parks, with only Wrigley and Camden holding it in :lol::lol::lol:

I'll care about the Cubs getting lucky vs the Brewers when both teams' run differentials are more in line with their records :colbert:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh I agree, it's nice to finally get some of the Brewers' bullshit luck for a change. I do think they're better than their run differential but they also consistently play with a horseshoe shoved up their rear end.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RBBI for the Mariners and the A's pitcher has lost the zone.

Let's get some runs!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GODDAMMIT

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
The Padres are now 0-11 in extra inning games this season. How is that even possible lmao

They're also on their way to having the worst record in one run games for a season since 1935.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Folks might wanna tune into the Giants game...