Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Miles just phaser Alixus, just a little

She put Sisko in the boo box, Miles

Shoot her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ronin from Sub Rosa is Shakaar? :aaaaa:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

naem posted:

chief engineer of the flagship in your 20’s is a big deal, you’d have to be not only be incredibly talented but also have gone through academy etc right out of childhood and immediately onto a ship.

La Forge got lucky that the previous chief engineer got booted for faking a letter-writing campaign and Picard found out.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/ShimermanArmin/status/1694734560267997502

:3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is there a Star Trek cook book for weird alien foods because I'm really curious as to what a hasperat dish would be. Its like a spicey roll.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

He was a union man! :allears:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

(I didn't make this, but I'm drat well spreading it)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hollismason posted:

Is there a Star Trek cook book for weird alien foods because I'm really curious as to what a hasperat dish would be. Its like a spicey roll.

You seem to not be far off.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I want to try raktajino

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I want to try raktajino

As served in those lovely silver and black plastic mugs they got from setting the Defiant's replicators to "Walmart"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

The rolls in the show seem to be kind of a reddish tint. I mean I'm not sure it is vegetarian. It probably is.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I want to try raktajino

The show makes more sense when you realize that everyone on DS9 was basically doing a rail of cocaine every morning.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redshirt posted:

Worf is such an interesting character as he got whole new arcs and character development once he arrived on DS9. No other Trek character got that. Maybe Pike, I guess, to a much smaller degree.

O'Brien

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Eh O'Brien had stuff happen to him but he pretty much stayed the same guy through the whole show. I kind of appreciate it because he went through all kinds of poo poo and still at the end of the day he's just a engineer/mechanic that fixes poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like the episode where Worf goes mad and like tears up his pillow because he's becoming a lizard or soemthing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just got to the Julian the mad scientist episode where he mind wipes Worf's brother then at the end of the series Worf becomes ambassador but they never think to inform his mind wiped brother who probably got loving merked in a Klingon raid on the Dominion or some poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
#Justice4Kern

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

redshirt posted:

Worf is such an interesting character as he got whole new arcs and character development once he arrived on DS9. No other Trek character got that. Maybe Pike, I guess, to a much smaller degree.

whenever worf got character development he never actually managed to get better. he's a total trash person and i love that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

whenever worf got character development he never actually managed to get better. he's a total trash person and i love that.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Worf can i borrow your klingon opera sticks??
/
Jadzia

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Worfs head ridges look kinda like a mars bar

rio
Mar 20, 2008

redshirt posted:

I mean O’Brien got it too - we never got to see him tortured and have hosed up poo poo happen to him nearly as much until DS9.

Edit:

GolfHole posted:

idk Geordi seems pretty busy, also seems like a good team leader

I never really noticed how problematic Geordi was until recently rewatching the one where he actually meets Leah Brahms. Kind of put him in a new light vs seeing that as a kid when i remember feeling kind of sympathetic - like i guess we know workplace harassment still exists in the 24th century now.

rio fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 30, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
o'brien's first focus episode on tng was about his ptsd. i think it was a b plot, though.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hollismason posted:

The rolls in the show seem to be kind of a reddish tint. I mean I'm not sure it is vegetarian. It probably is.

Per memory alpha:

The Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 1, p. 329) had this to say about hasperat: "According to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine property master Joe Longo, the prop food used for hasperat was made from flour tortillas, layered with cream cheese, with red and green peppers. The tortillas are rolled, then sliced and served. Yum!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
white person snack

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

cenotaph posted:

Per memory alpha:

The Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 1, p. 329) had this to say about hasperat: "According to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine property master Joe Longo, the prop food used for hasperat was made from flour tortillas, layered with cream cheese, with red and green peppers. The tortillas are rolled, then sliced and served. Yum!"

So Pinwheels? Pinwheels rock with bacon and chives instead of peppers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hollismason posted:

Just got to the Julian the mad scientist episode where he mind wipes Worf's brother then at the end of the series Worf becomes ambassador but they never think to inform his mind wiped brother who probably got loving merked in a Klingon raid on the Dominion or some poo poo

Iirc, a few episodes afterwards the whole reason for wiping Worf's brother is wholly invalidated by Martok adopting Worf's house.

So they really "Killed" him for nothing. Oops!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I suppose you could argue that Worf getting adopted into Martok's House wouldn't automatically mean that Kurn would be too, since Alexander had to go through a ceremony to get adopted in. But I doubt the DS9 writers thought that far.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

o'brien's first focus episode on tng was about his ptsd. i think it was a b plot, though.

A and a half plot really, since the antagonist of the episode was going through the same thing and O'Brien's understanding and relationship with him was key to dealing with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MJCEBPkuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3FPQQJcec

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who would have the stomach for a big Ferengi meal?

Grubs!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Crusher seemed permanently occupied by a stream of people coming in from Parrises Squares accidents and white river rafting/rockclimbing bullshit. All of them pretty easy for her to cure but still.

And then the rest of her time is medical research and admin work.

Seems better than the off days of sickbay life where Worf comes in and melts your face off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hollismason posted:

Let's be real, Word was just gonna lose his honor again a few weeks later and then they'd be right back at square one and have to wipe his mind again

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Worfs head ridges look kinda like a mars bar

What? Worf’s head doesn’t look like a penis at all!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Put the dick vein back on Worf's forehead

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

im a master of comedy

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

redshirt posted:

...He had to manage Barclay I assume. ....

There are many episodes that are basically "The Crew Learns About [Gender/AI/Whatever Moral Thing]". Barclay's was "The Crew Learns About Consent". Like the others it was pretty "what 1988 thing will they say next :stonk:" but also very heartwarming to me -- it's a bit over the top of course, but the way he portrays anxiety and feeling like an imposter among your colleagues felt very real to me. I really empathized with the guy. And I was very happy that they managed to give Barclay such a positive character journey.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Picard calling him broccoli while talking to him was something. Not sure I've seen Picard screw something up on a personal level so bad before.

rio posted:

I never really noticed how problematic Geordi was until recently rewatching the one where he actually meets Leah Brahms. Kind of put him in a new light vs seeing that as a kid when i remember feeling kind of sympathetic - like i guess we know workplace harassment still exists in the 24th century now.
That was pretty drat bad. From what I remember most of his other personal screw ups were basically trying and failing with women. In an interview Burton said something like he was glad his character was shown married with kids in Picard because of how the character was shown on TNG.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lord Stimperor posted:

im a master of comedy

lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Picard calling him broccoli while talking to him was something. Not sure I've seen Picard screw something up on a personal level so bad before.

:nms::nms:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

^ can we content warning that pic folks

Also I just want to drop some maths i did.

In this Enterprise episode, it's stated that they can travel this dangerous space in 1 hour at warp factor 4, but it'll take 4 days at full impulse.

Warp 4 is 102 Cochranes, for one hour means approximately a distance of 735.9 AU.

If it takes them four days at Full Impulse that means Full Impulse is equal to 1.063*C, in other words, 1.063 Cochranes.

But Warp 1 is 1 Cochrane.

So the maths guys hosed up :)