Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Cardboard Fox posted:

Just remembered there's another spaceship game with "Star" in the title still in development. I wonder if they know, oh god that would be so embarrassing...

"Development" might be stretching the definition here.

They're sacking QA people so they must be nearly finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

K8.0 posted:

It's probably the second most independently sold video game of all time behind GTA V.

I admire the passion of your faith in Mr Tod Howard

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cardboard Fox posted:

Just remembered there's another spaceship game with "Star" in the title still in development. I wonder if they know, oh god that would be so embarrassing...
star rail's already out bro

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Cardboard Fox posted:

They should be worried, Star Mars looks to bring a lot of what the :nws: modding community has been clamoring for, and it's coming out at the same time.

for fucks sake do not look this up at work

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Yeah but there is Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, and Skyrim VR. I also don't REALLY know how to read this:

https://steamdb.info/charts/?sort=peak

EDIT
We are absolutely spoiled for excellent games this year, dang. Both BG3 and Armored Core rule.

I played Skyrim SE last night so I am probably in your screenshot! Gotta keep those numbers up.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Rinkles posted:

You sure about that? I think all Beth games since FNV have been Steamworks (until 76).

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Retail PC copies of FNV, Skyrim and FO4 were all Steam keys. A far better fate than Fallout 3's cursed GFWL integration :v:

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I saw a bunch of CPU+Starfield combo bundles. I'm rocking an AMD 3700x CPU and a 3070 Nvidia GPU. Does anyone know of any AM5 CPU Bundles that are good to get?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ashrik posted:

I saw a bunch of CPU+Starfield combo bundles. I'm rocking an AMD 3700x CPU and a 3070 Nvidia GPU. Does anyone know of any AM5 CPU Bundles that are good to get?

If you're near a Microcenter, I think this is a decent deal.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...ter-build-combo

But double check in the PC Building thread. I'm not entirely up to date on current pricing.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sandepande posted:

I'm preloading it on Steam, and also thought it was Thursday.

Same. Preload was supposed to be tomorrow. (it's only 86 gigs though.)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Preloaded and ready to play the game!!!! Oh my god!!!

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna fly to that moon and you can't stop me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i am completely erect

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hope they fix that horrible start screen, day 1 patch

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i hope they make it much worse

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who are the celebrity voice actors???

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Liam Neeson's daughter was kidnapped by the pirates and only you can help him save her.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i'm going to individually gently caress each of the six engines on this spaceship

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I made my character in Fallout 3 an old man and I think Liam Neeson just left the vault because he hated my premature aging

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't blame him, he has a daughter to save.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Quark.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

All of the aliens are voiced by H Jon Benjamin

Samuel L Jackson is the snake god

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

> Re: STARFIELD: todd howard's about to make you his bitch

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Can't wait to acquire a harem of ships

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mehrunes posted:

Liam Neeson's daughter was kidnapped by the pirates and only you can help him save her.

lol, not going to do that.

I have a rampage of petty theft to go on!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

i am completely erect

86GB? Mine is 100+

This must mean I get 1200 planets instead of 1000

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cardboard Fox posted:

Why would they disrupt the pyramid scheme they've got going on by doing something like launching their game?

But no it is kinda funny that Starfield is basically going to launch with all the content Roberts promised back in 2012. Just as a singleplayer game in Gamebryo.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

it dont matter posted:

86GB? Mine is 100+

This must mean I get 1200 planets instead of 1000

I think it's a DL size of 80some gigs but an install size of 110-ish?

CLAM DOWN posted:

i'm going to individually gently caress each of the six engines on this spaceship

As a centauri, I have six, so I can gently caress them all at once :jecht:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

big mean giraffe posted:

Kind of sounds like you just want a generic action game, and not an actual RPG?

They keep on saying they're making all these space games but none of them at all like space invaders, those drat lying lairs, may they eternally suffer torment in the sixth circle of Hell!!!

cadex
Jun 6, 2003

Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.

Fingers crossed for Phil Hartman with the comeback we've all been waiting for.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Okay, question: I bought a Steam key from Fanatical for the Premium Edition.

It says "Starfield Premium Edition" on their website where the key is listed, and when I activated it on Steam the pop-up said "Starfield: Digital Premium Edition" but the game shows in my library as just "Starfield" and lists the unlock date as September 6th.

Can anyone else who bought the preem version tell me if that's how it looks for them as well?

Edit: Ah NVM, it shows up as the Premium Edition in my activation history as well; I guess it must be for real.

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 30, 2023

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i’m ready to loving play garfield

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

let me play the goddamn game todd

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

The_White_Crane posted:

Okay, question: I bought a Steam key from Fanatical for the Premium Edition.

It says "Starfield Premium Edition" on their website where the key is listed, and when I activated it on Steam the pop-up said "Starfield: Digital Premium Edition" but the game shows in my library as just "Starfield" and lists the unlock date as September 6th.

Can anyone else who bought the preem version tell me if that's how it looks for them as well?

Says the same here, but when I add the premium edition to my shopping cart, it tells me I own it.

They're not listing the EA date as release date, no matter the edition.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Sandepande posted:

Says the same here, but when I add the premium edition to my shopping cart, it tells me I own it.

They're not listing the EA date as release date, no matter the edition.

Thank you for the confirmation! <3

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Steam never shows the EA date, always just the regular one. If u bought primo u got it

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I need to stop reading this thread or else I'm gonna spend money to play a game 5 days early like a loving knobhead.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Can you really put a price on getting into a time machine and playing a video game early?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Prawned posted:

I need to stop reading this thread or else I'm gonna spend money to play a game 5 days early like a loving knobhead.

It's incredible, I can't believe I'm going to play it early. It's the most amazing thing!! We're all stunned, all us early access purchasers are just impressed and astonished

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ms Adequate posted:

I think it's a DL size of 80some gigs but an install size of 110-ish?
My preload download size was claimed at ~118gb, but browsing to local files for Starfield shows an empty folder so I assume it's in some relatively hidden folder until it's unpacked.

lemme run WinDirStat real quick

Looks like my "depotcache" folder in steamapps is 86.4gb so that's probably where it's being stored as 80ish 1gb files

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Space Jam posted:

i’m ready to loving play garfield
I did a quick search, and yep found this:

So seems it's already out. Re-check steam I guess?