Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffle! posted:

Excite Bike 64 is out.

Do the bikes still excite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s no ExciteBots thats for sure

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Sea of stars is not generally available yet

It was, actually! The reason I tried the code was that they sent me an email with the code, saying that the game was out. Support told me that there was some mistake with the switch store and the eu/australian codes, it was rectified a couple of hours later.

ovenboy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 30, 2023

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

double

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Louisgod posted:

wow, this is extremely hosed up. you forgot the hat and mustache.

I did something like this for a Photoshop thread a while back, so I merged it with yours:

"It twas-a me.... Mario..." :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

It’s no ExciteBots thats for sure

same except ExciteTruck

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Aside from clout and materials any point in fighting Gleeoks? I don't fight lynels often because they're tedious and essentially you only need lynel mats to fight lynels (or armor) so you're just in a cycle of killing them to be able to kill them. I figure Gleeoks are similar? Also what's more important when fighting them elemental protection or just high defense?

I killed my first one last night and it just felt like a bit of a slog. It wasn't as fun as fighting the Wind Temple boss like 4x in the underground. That fight never gets old.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
There's a couple blocking the entrance to caves with a piece of armor.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Aside from clout and materials any point in fighting Gleeoks? I don't fight lynels often because they're tedious and essentially you only need lynel mats to fight lynels (or armor) so you're just in a cycle of killing them to be able to kill them. I figure Gleeoks are similar? Also what's more important when fighting them elemental protection or just high defense?

I killed my first one last night and it just felt like a bit of a slog. It wasn't as fun as fighting the Wind Temple boss like 4x in the underground. That fight never gets old.

Have you done the hunt monster quest in Lookout Landing? There's a medal for killing them all if you want.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sad Panda posted:

Have you done the hunt monster quest in Lookout Landing? There's a medal for killing them all if you want.

Then they all shall die. I haven't started those proper just been killing things I've found randomly. But it being on my way I cleared out one I found in the underground and found it to be worth more trouble than I cared. But I'm sure with the right planning they're not too complicated. It's just lynel that same to be properly time-consuming.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Then they all shall die. I haven't started those proper just been killing things I've found randomly. But it being on my way I cleared out one I found in the underground and found it to be worth more trouble than I cared. But I'm sure with the right planning they're not too complicated. It's just lynel that same to be properly time-consuming.

The first one I killed was very annoying. Then I realised that the easiest way to kill Gleeoks is homing arrows (eg aerocuda eyes) - spam a few of them and then hit with your hardest weapon when it lands. The second phase is harder as it's higher, but basically the same idea

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

^^^ I auto build a super spring to toss me into the air, for part two. Couldn’t actually figure out another way to get up there, but it seemed effective enough.

There’s one minor side quest that asks for gleeok guts.

…needless to say, the first two I put down somehow had no internal organs. Three wings apiece though! :psyduck:

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 30, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The intended way to fight Gleeoks IIRC is ride gusts for fire, reverse icicles for ice (though that's hard to pull off since it's easy to get hit and knocked back by them), and maybe gusts for lightning, I don't really remember but it's much easier to elevate yourself with whatever methods you can fashion than to do it "legit".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This game really does reward creativity. I have a huge store of the aforementioned materials and thought that that may work out better the next time, and it did. I also did the spring! I staked one spring and just did that. Funny how our minds went the same places.

They're not too bad to kill. Lynel still that title. Not that they're tough, it's just tedious.

I'm nearing the end of my thorough exploration of the underground, just the north-east and south-east left to go. It's going to get annoying when I find a map top-side that tells me I found the treasure underground but what're you going to do?

I think I'll take a pause and look into upgrading the sages.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Took a few years, but I finally cleared 999 lines in Tetris 99 marathon mode. gently caress, I'm shaking!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

neato burrito posted:

Took a few years, but I finally cleared 999 lines in Tetris 99 marathon mode. gently caress, I'm shaking!

Speaking of Tetris 99, one time awhile ago they dumped a bunch of previous themes from old cups that you missed that you could unlock with tickets/points won but they haven’t done that again.

They really should ‘cause I missed some and would like them and it’d get me to play it again more often with more incentive.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Sea of Stars fucks

does it get more interesting after the first few hours because so far the writing is very poor and there haven't been any large towns/cities I've reached yet. For clarity I have 3 characters and just beat the first meaningful boss (hoot) but first impressions have been "gorgeous spritework, promising battle system, everything else is typical indie rpg"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

DuhSal posted:

Speaking of Tetris 99, one time awhile ago they dumped a bunch of previous themes from old cups that you missed that you could unlock with tickets/points won but they haven’t done that again.

They really should ‘cause I missed some and would like them and it’d get me to play it again more often with more incentive.

I'm missing two and it bothers me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wow I forgot how much Excitebike controls like rear end. But it’s fun as all hell once you get over the learning curve.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

gently caress
Wonder looks outstanding

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yoshi riding Yoshi feels like a crime

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, there's a new trailer? Got a link?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mario getting EQUIPS that do poo poo like "you get a grappling hook" or "charged jumps" is so sick. Feels like people doing runs of the game with Invisible Mode or "never stops running" will be incredibly funny to watch

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
any advice on SD cards for switches? do brands matter? i wanted to buy one byt didnt know if i should stick nmto nintendo branded or grab biggest sandisk i could find.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm equipping the Spider-man badge ASAP and further blur the lines as i try to play Mario Wonder and Spider-man 2 at the same time.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gotta resist buying the gaudy red switch

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Larryb posted:

Wait, there's a new trailer? Got a link?

[video type="youtube"]/live/G0m_uNaSres?si=ZbjGd9pzxvENtwum[/video]

Edit wtf why can't I embed

https://www.youtube.com/live/G0m_uNaSres?si=ZbjGd9pzxvENtwum

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
mario gets a funny feeling in his tummy when he slides down the flag pole

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Kassad posted:

There's a couple blocking the entrance to caves with a piece of armor.

The only one I killed was in the ruins south of the Rito village. It looked like there was a big stone floor behind it, but I couldn't figure out how to open it. Is that linked to the Gleeok?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looks like they built Yoshi as the babymode character and went back to SMB3-style difficulty levels instead of the NSMB trend of having all boring baby levels with a few challenge levels. Hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is the law that every AAA game has to have a grappling hook. It's a good law

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sally posted:

any advice on SD cards for switches? do brands matter? i wanted to buy one byt didnt know if i should stick nmto nintendo branded or grab biggest sandisk i could find.

The Nintendo branded ones I believe are just Sandisks, since they have the license. There's functionally no difference between those and their regular ones. I have a 256gb Samsung card in mine personally. Generally anything from the big brands will work just fine so long as you don't get a fake.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Re: Gleeoks: The real reason to kill them is that attaching their horns to weapons makes them cool laser swords

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1697251171264839846?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super Mario Wonder looks charming and is just going to lead to the absolute worst fanart in the world, just the worst, an utter abomination against God.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

In the US, the Republican party is represented by an elephant

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/videoChess/status/1697252719940296737?s=20

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

pooch516 posted:

The only one I killed was in the ruins south of the Rito village. It looked like there was a big stone floor behind it, but I couldn't figure out how to open it. Is that linked to the Gleeok?

Not directly, there's a puzzle to open it up (spoilers : find the fattest pillar around and climb to the top). It's just not easy to do it with the giant fire dragon on your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Mario’s best friend and cohort: one of two toads