Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
What is a breadtuber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I played new vegas last year, up to New Vegas itself. Don't think I had too many, or maybe any crashes. I stopped and moved on to Fallout 4 though because I never finished that game, still didn't, new vegas more of an RPG but whatever.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the bad starfield launch is going to be gaming's 1/6

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

smarxist posted:

the bad starfield launch is going to be gaming's 1/6

If it is actually bad that will suck.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

If it is actually bad that will suck.

maybe, it'll be funny though

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

has bethesda ever had a good game launch

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I played unmodded new vegas on my steam deck this year and crashed twice in 40 hours. I think it’s still good

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bloodstained was fun. wish the combat had been a little faster, though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Too bad bethesda never re-re-released morrowinf with updated graphics. Would probably have kept that crucial goon demographic satisfied.
i don't think anyone likes to play that game. it's just a bunch of funny memes on the internet, but all videos i've seen of actual gameplay look like absolute garbage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Augus posted:

has bethesda ever had a good game launch

Fallout 3 and 4, Oblivion, and skyrim all were fine on launch for console.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

new vegas doesn't hold up as well as people say imo

its just fine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Truga posted:

i don't think anyone likes to play that game. it's just a bunch of funny memes on the internet, but all videos i've seen of actual gameplay look like absolute garbage

It is. The fun came from breaking the game.

People have rose colored glasses for morrowind, but oblivion was a huge step up for combat, movement, and everything else. What made people angry about oblivion is the game was much harder to break.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pc gamer try not to edit .ini or other files challenge. Maybe games will actually work for you?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

enchanting in morrowind was the best Bethesda iteration of it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

punished milkman posted:

What is a breadtuber

you know exactrly who they are and watch every video

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Mr Hootington posted:

It is. The fun came from breaking the game.

People have rose colored glasses for morrowind, but oblivion was a huge step up for combat, movement, and everything else. What made people angry about oblivion is the game was much harder to break.

i thought the world of morrowind was v cool and different for fantasy but otherwise yeah oblivion was great

i had this mod that gave me a spell that forced ppl to dance complete with music and lights, v entertaining to college-aged me

also i modded the moon into the death star as my first and last mod ever as i got 10000x angry nexus messages asking why i hadn't put stormtroopers in the game or w/e

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Pc gamer try not to edit .ini or other files challenge. Maybe games will actually work for you?

i open every file in notepad and type in "give me all the good items, make me rich and powerful"

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you know exactrly who they are and watch every video

actually for my elder millennial glasses white guy gaming content i prefer tim rogers, infinite review and kyle bosman

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Truga posted:

you hurt only yourself op

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I remember reading posts about goons being furious fast travel was in oblivion and a bunch of them modded out fast travel

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like how most of the time i download and run a game fresh it's like "bet. i'mma boot up in 1360x250x16 for some reason"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i open every file in notepad and type in "give me all the good items, make me rich and powerful"

*mods in infinite gold and a giant dildo that one hits everything*
drat this game is easy and boring. Why do others enjoy it?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

I remember reading posts about goons being furious fast travel was in oblivion and a bunch of them modded out fast travel

There's always stuff like that with every game. Just don't click on it?? Lol goons

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Gumball Gumption posted:

The main message of fallout 3, and the things that it's fans love most, is that it is good to die for your country

my friend, you would not tell with such high zest
to children ardent for some desperate glory
the old Lie: Bethesda games are good
and not unnecessarily gory

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

i thought the world of morrowind was v cool and different for fantasy but otherwise yeah oblivion was great

i had this mod that gave me a spell that forced ppl to dance complete with music and lights, v entertaining to college-aged me

also i modded the moon into the death star as my first and last mod ever as i got 10000x angry nexus messages asking why i hadn't put stormtroopers in the game or w/e

The world of morrowind was very creative and cool.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

they have this discussion in the smt thread every few months

in 5 there are a bunch of items that make the game easier but you dont have to use them, people complain that they exist in the game lmao

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I played Morrowind (via OpenMW) the whole way through for the first time this year and it was great, though I also did some medium-grade cheating:

- some sort of mod that changed the leveling system because everyone agrees it's stupid
- higher encumbrance because loving with inventory poo poo sucks
- I had a .txt file that I would copy console commands for fast travel to places I had already been to
- "basic rear end player home in Balmora" mod

I also kept notes on quests and stuff, but I think if you hit a key on the journal menu, the game already does most of that for you.

I recommend it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

There's always stuff like that with every game. Just don't click on it?? Lol goons

Reading the old bethesda threads in games is wild. Tedious arguments and people bitching about game breaking bugs, but if you check out the exhaustive wikis that catalog the bugs you will almost always find "this bug only occurs if you uncapped the fps and ran the game above 80," or "this bug occurs when you sequence break so and so quest". I had to stop reading those threads after discovering it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I played Morrowind (via OpenMW) the whole way through for the first time this year and it was great, though I also did some medium-grade cheating:

- some sort of mod that changed the leveling system because everyone agrees it's stupid
- higher encumbrance because loving with inventory poo poo sucks
- I had a .txt file that I would copy console commands for fast travel to places I had already been to
- "basic rear end player home in Balmora" mod

I also kept notes on quests and stuff, but I think if you hit a key on the journal menu, the game already does most of that for you.

I recommend it!

You modded morrowind to be skyrim lol

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SomethingBeautiful posted:

I hate the bethesda fallouts but I'm happy for people that like them and I can just play wasteland instead

Which Wasteland?

Also I hope we get a Wasteland 4 at some point. And even a Fallout 5. Outer Worlds 2? Sure why not.

Its not like its Star Citizen where its release will be a detriment to literally everyone involved in either making or buying it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a Starfield song

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I always liked making my home in balmora be the one where that dead guy is in it whose murder it is you're supposed to solve, since you could use his eternal corpse as infinite storage of junk

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Orb Crabmelt posted:

wtf

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everyone used the fast travel console commands when Morrowind was the newest ES game. You're lying if you say you didn't. The whole point of PC gaming at that time was getting to use things like console commands and mods.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

you ever think how unpleasant it must be to have to drink a big rear end health potion in like three seconds during a fight? it'd be like chugging a big gulp full of pepto-bismol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i didnt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gumball Gumption posted:

I imagine Pete Buttigeig when I think of the average Imagine Dragons enjoyer

rand Paul and Pete butt bonding over imagine dragons

I like radioactive when lifting weights and pumping iron but lol they’re pretty bad

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Whirling posted:

I always liked making my home in balmora be the one where that dead guy is in it whose murder it is you're supposed to solve, since you could use his eternal corpse as infinite storage of junk

I usually use the pillow orc lady’s home since after you do the early fighter’s guild quest she’s a free snack basically. that and stealing the Sword of White Woe are like the first things I do in any new game

for a while I was using some Dwemer floating fortress mod that would move around to all the major cities so I’d always have a home nearby, but its abject silliness eventually had me move to a mod that enables multiple mark/recall points which let me essentially do the same thing. I only use homes to set up sweet weapon/armor display rooms really

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I imagine Pete Buttigeig when I think of the average Imagine Dragons enjoyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everyone used the fast travel console commands when Morrowind was the newest ES game. You're lying if you say you didn't. The whole point of PC gaming at that time was getting to use things like console commands and mods.

if by fast travel console commands, you mean cheating your acrobatics skill to 10000 and jumping across the entire map, then yes, i did