Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
30 rolls is all I could spare for Long Dan, and it wasn't to be. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Decided to do a 10 pull just in case a miracle occured. But it didn't :(

BUT, I did get March e5, and now going for e6 seems like an interesting idea. She can already mostly solo sustain up until like MoC ~7ish, I wonder if she, Nat, and maybe Lynx can do everything on their own. I mean, it's not like I'd be sad to pick up dragon Dan...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I had to suffer to get Daniel. Lost 50/50 to Bailu now E2, and then had to go all the back to get him. Wasn't a total wash because I got E6 Yukong out of it. Light cone was also nearly a disaster but I got a double event to save losing 75/25 for the third time in a row. Of course this makes my problem of 'too many cool characters, not enough stamina even loving worse but :shrug:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 30, 2023

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Won 50/50 on the 3rd Daniel copy :toot:

I might actually go for the LC now since I'll have the rest of 1.3's jades to spare

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

New code for free jades and credit if y'all haven't already found it

MB6N2TVCSQ9F

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yesterday was the first day I didn't log in. I forgot about the update. It occurred during my entire evening, so I never got a chance. It was nice to wake up to 240+ energy.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
update: I forgot I'd pulled to Clara on Blade's banner so I still have yet to win a 50/50.

Oh well, I got dan and that's what matters

Kale
May 14, 2010

Somehow the story updates seem to get shorter every chapter. Like I honestly really don't get it in comparison to Genshin and Honkai 3rd considering.....

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think the basic plan as seen in patches 1.1 and 1.2 is to have alternating story and non-story patches. This patch having story at all is an exception, and given how it was basically a short epilogue to the previous patch it makes the most sense to me that it was originally planned to be part of that but shifted backwards for whatever reason. And the next patch will be more involved since it'll be the introduction to a new planet.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 30, 2023

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

the free rolls are for the story being short. it's fine

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, it also would have made way more sense for Luka's quest to be in the patch where he was introduced, instead of letting you pull him without having any idea who he was.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I’m excited for these SU updates at least. And we’ve got another event starting tomorrow.

In their revised announcement they also mentioned the aurum event will be available all at once instead of in stages.

Also planar fissure event on the 15th.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so yeah the cooler dan is in fact immensely powerful

shocker

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I know this is just how ton of rpg works, but it still tickles me that you can have both Dan heng and Dan heng in the same party at the same time.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
lost my 50/50 to Yanqing. Oh well

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

as a friendly reminder always verify that you are buying the right thing so you don't spend 8 weeks of herta credits on standard passes

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

dang so yellow dan is really strong huh? I hate to meta chase and wanna wait for fu xuan because she's cool but I also don't have the DPS to get 30 stars yet...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

I know this is just how ton of rpg works, but it still tickles me that you can have both Dan heng and Dan heng in the same party at the same time.

Why don't they let us use double Trailblazer then? It's unfair.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Excelzior posted:

as a friendly reminder always verify that you are buying the right thing so you don't spend 8 weeks of herta credits on standard passes
drat, that's much worse than when I spent my MoC gubbins on the wrong LC the other day.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Dragon elf-boy Daniel does seem really good. Requires a specific setup due to how hungry skill point wise he is though.

And I doubt it’d work well in auto so I think I’m just holding till Fu.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Clarste posted:

Why don't they let us use double Trailblazer then? It's unfair.

I agree dragon dan should be a switch from danny Dan just the trailblazers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

LC options seem like they kind of suck if you don't go for his.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Herta Destruction LC is actually really good on Dan.

Also lol that they moved every event up this patch because the story mission is like 10 minutes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah well getting that one's not an option for me since I'm a psycho gamer whos pent the herta bucks on tickets way back and I ain't waiting 8 weeks for an LC S1 at this point.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Got Dragon Dan, which is my first 50/50 win. :toot:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
congrats to all Dan Rollers. I had a guaranteed and maxed eidolons on all the 4s, blessed banner :cheers:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

cheevos for this event are in early I guess?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I hate the trailblazer switch setup

Incredibly annoying that it unequips everything if you need to swap around (I wanted to play with destruction for a bit last week)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Coutnerpoint: I'm pretty sure in story Dragon Dan is just gonna be Dragon Dan from this point on, whereas it's specifically a skill of the Trailblazer that they can attune themselves to different paths whose Aeons they've made contact with

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

Incredibly annoying that it unequips everything if you need to swap around (I wanted to play with destruction for a bit last week)
Way better than genshin where you have to go to a specific area to do it at least

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Dragon Dan in his trial kind of feels like "yellow damage Qingque without the RNG" which is neat I guess. I don't really feel compelled to pull for him though.

Imaginary hunt character when? (watch that be the next MC iteration)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Erg posted:

Agreed. As soon as I pull a second tank, Stelle is going back to baseball bat thug mode. But I wish it would save your gear loadout when you switch.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
There are achievements for sending stickers to people which is kinda annoying. Forced socializing boo.

One is sending your trailblazer sticker to someone with the other trailblazer gender. So if you received a Caelus sticker from me, I was trying to help. But my partner and I experimented and the cheevo didn't pop if it was sent while the other was offline.

If any other Stelles need the cheevo you can friend me with 600206717 (my in game name is Crim) and send me an in game message that you're a goon who needs the Caelus sticker. You can also spam me with Astral Express stickers for that cheevo (20 of them) or Pom Pom stickers tho the wording on that says "5 friends." I'm okay being spammed.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

Way better than genshin where you have to go to a specific area to do it at least

lol do these at least have direct teleports or are you walking for 5+ minutes to do the switch

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Coutnerpoint: I'm pretty sure in story Dragon Dan is just gonna be Dragon Dan from this point on, whereas it's specifically a skill of the Trailblazer that they can attune themselves to different paths whose Aeons they've made contact with

He can swap his form back. He's Dan in the short epilogue story quest instead of Daniel. I think it would've been way cooler to have him be Daniel from here on out but :shrug:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

sushibandit posted:

Dragon Dan in his trial kind of feels like "yellow damage Qingque without the RNG" which is neat I guess. I don't really feel compelled to pull for him though.

Imaginary hunt character when? (watch that be the next MC iteration)

An Imaginary Hunt is leaked already but he's most likely still some ways away

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Erg posted:

lol do these at least have direct teleports or are you walking for 5+ minutes to do the switch

You do it specifically AT teleport points (based on which country you're in since they're all elemental god statues) but it's still a pain because there's a lot more wilderness in Genshin.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eimi posted:

He can swap his form back. He's Dan in the short epilogue story quest instead of Daniel. I think it would've been way cooler to have him be Daniel from here on out but :shrug:

I feel like he's going to be default Dan like 99% of the time from here on out, since that represents embracing his new self aboard the Express while there's no particular reason to go dragon mode once he's off the Luofu.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

I feel like he's going to be default Dan like 99% of the time from here on out, since that represents embracing his new self aboard the Express while there's no particular reason to go dragon mode once he's off the Luofu.

Yeah, it's mostly just a shame because Daniel is cooler. Also means that March might reject her inevitable power up form whenever that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Thankfully Genshin made sure half the MC versions suck rear end, so it's a tedious swap mechanic you'd barely use.