Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Primaris Interpolators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Still waiting for Primaris Interocitors.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
There were eight Tyranid kits, so there'll probably be eight Space Marine kits.

-Multipose Infernus Marines, probably with some sort of special or heavy weapon option that one guy in five can have that makes the kits in the intro sets suboptimal because they're missing out on the one guy with the heavy flamer. Who's free now, because wargear variants don't cost points, so the monopose kits from Leviathan and the intro really are strictly suboptimal.
-Multipose Terminators. Maybe it's separate kits for Terminators and Assault Terminators, maybe it's one kit. Hard to say! I am guessing separate kits.
-Multipose new Sternguard Veterans.
-Some sort of Ballistus kit, maybe just the easy to build one repackaged on its own or maybe a multipose one or maybe even they're announcing that they're repackaging the Redemptor with new arm options and a higher price. (My wild guess is that for now, the Ballistus kit will just be the monopose one from Leviathan, and then that will disappear around the launch of 11th edition in favor of a repackaged Redemptor kit that comes with the Ballistus arm options, because unlike brutalis, the ballistus has identical legs to the redemptor.)

That's four or five. The Terminators might count as one or two, and the Ballistus kit either counts as zero or one because if it's like the tyranid reveal, "separate release of existing monopose kit from Leviathan" doesn't count against the eight new kits being announced.

I saw rumors of new scouts somewhere but I don't believe them. At the very least I think if we were getting a new Space Marine Initiates kit to replace the now Legends-ed Scouts it'd be a Kill Team, not part of this wave. I'd love to have new Space Marine Initiates as a kit, because Raven Guard, but I don't expect them.

So... guesses.

-Multipose Primaris Vanguard Vets, but they're in units of 3 instead of 5 because the jump pack takes up a lot of space on the sprue (I do not want this outcome I want units of 5, please give me units of five primaris vanguard vets and let them take lightning claws, I want to paint them as Raven Guard).

-Some sort of other jump pack thing because they have the design for the Mark X Tacticus jump packs now; we've seen them in the Space Marine II footage. Maybe a multibuild kit that lets you build an equivalent of the old jump pack assault marines or suppressors (finally). Alternately they put out one multibuild kit that can make Primaris Vanguard Veterans or jump pack assault non vet marines, but that seems unlikely, "Fancy decorated bodies for the vanguard vets" seems like something they'd spend an entire kit release on.

-Some sort of bigger thing, like a new tank, or... I don't know, storm speeder transport equivalent to replace the Land Speeder Storm? The Storm Speeder Storm?

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 30, 2023

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I want them to announce that they've made more Land Raiders so I can buy one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly what they'll announce is the Cawl Cruiser. The replacement for the Land Raider made to be able to carry Cawl's other new invention; Primaris Centurions.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Look, as long as it's got some las-cannons and the Grey Knights can take it, then sure.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Stephenls posted:

-Multipose Infernus Marines, probably with some sort of special or heavy weapon option that one guy in five can have that makes the kits in the intro sets suboptimal because they're missing out on the one guy with the heavy flamer. Who's free now, because wargear variants don't cost points, so the monopose kits from Leviathan and the intro really are strictly suboptimal.
-Multipose Terminators. Maybe it's separate kits for Terminators and Assault Terminators, maybe it's one kit. Hard to say! I am guessing separate kits.
-Multipose new Sternguard Veterans.
-Some sort of Ballistus kit, maybe just the easy to build one repackaged on its own or maybe a multipose one or maybe even they're announcing that they're repackaging the Redemptor with new arm options and a higher price. (My wild guess is that for now, the Ballistus kit will just be the monopose one from Leviathan, and then that will disappear around the launch of 11th edition in favor of a repackaged Redemptor kit that comes with the Ballistus arm options, because unlike brutalis, the ballistus has identical legs to the redemptor.)

That's four or five. The Terminators might count as one or two, and the Ballistus kit either counts as zero or one because if it's like the tyranid reveal, "separate release of existing monopose kit from Leviathan" doesn't count against the eight new kits being announced.

I saw rumors of new scouts somewhere but I don't believe them. At the very least I think if we were getting a new Space Marine Initiates kit to replace the now Legends-ed Scouts it'd be a Kill Team, not part of this wave. I'd love to have new Space Marine Initiates as a kit, because Raven Guard, but I don't expect them.

So... guesses.

-Multipose Primaris Vanguard Vets, but they're in units of 3 instead of 5 because the jump pack takes up a lot of space on the sprue (I do not want this outcome I want units of 5, please give me units of five primaris vanguard vets and let them take lightning claws, I want to paint them as Raven Guard).

-Some sort of other jump pack thing because they have the design for the Mark X Tacticus jump packs now; we've seen them in the Space Marine II footage. Maybe a multibuild kit that lets you build an equivalent of the old jump pack assault marines or suppressors (finally). Alternately they put out one multibuild kit that can make Primaris Vanguard Veterans or jump pack assault non vet marines, but that seems unlikely, "Fancy decorated bodies for the vanguard vets" seems like something they'd spend an entire kit release on.

-Some sort of bigger thing, like a new tank, or... I don't know, storm speeder transport equivalent to replace the Land Speeder Storm? The Storm Speeder Storm?

You left out the Primaris Lieutenant.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Feels like he'd just get a WarCom post about being available on his own than a streamer announcement, unless he joins the vaunted club of multi-part Lieutenants.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Community posted their 40 year retrospective on it today so: Plastic Thunderhawk.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

While the community might have the memory of a fly I don't think they can pull the same trick twice as they did with the Aeronautica one.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

bij posted:

Community posted their 40 year retrospective on it today so: Plastic Thunderhawk.

That'd be part of the heresy reveals. That's a whole other thread!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah yeah, it'd be a double serving of Marines tonight.
Ugh.

Also 30k has the resin one. They can keep it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

Feels like he'd just get a WarCom post about being available on his own than a streamer announcement, unless he joins the vaunted club of multi-part Lieutenants.

It is funny because I meant it as a joke that they were going to release yet another Lt. but I forgot they have another Lt. to release already!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well it is a Phobos one so he's clearly doing a good job at being sneaky. :v:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I intentionally didn't guess at another HQ choice because I don't think there'll be one. The Tyranids didn't get one, after all.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just want these dudes in Heresy.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Stephenls posted:

list

So... guesses.

the terminator chaplain and term ancient don't have a model atm. there are also a bunch of support characters who could get a new armor class.

there are a lot of unique characters who could get a new model, too. and the chapters that aren't going to get a full codex might get a unique unit or two.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Primarise Wolf Lord Krom so I can make a Master of Executions out of him

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

smug jeebus posted:

Primarise Wolf Lord Krom so I can make a Master of Executions out of him

Nothing non-vanilla will be released for the vanilla SM codex launch. (I realize you also surely know this)

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

tangy yet delightful posted:

Nothing non-vanilla will be released for the vanilla SM codex launch. (I realize you also surely know this)

I geuss I did but I wasn't really thinking about it

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe we will get a hot new rank, the Primaris 2nd Lieutenant. Or maybe the Primaris Major.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

the terminator chaplain and term ancient don't have a model atm.

A chaplain in terminator armor would make me very, very happy.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

rantmo posted:

A chaplain in terminator armor would make me very, very happy.

Good news! that's rumoured to be happening along with jump pack marines and some kind of new command squad

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think there is an off chance they might release something for one of the SM chapters that is not big enough to recieve their own codex. The combat patrol army list for SMs already has been released and has models from Leviathan and the starter box, which many people already purchased. So if I was marketing this I would have a few of the releases work well together and be themed around one of the detachments in the new codex. Say, for example, we have the version of Primaris devestators come out and the melee or multipart terminator kit, and in addition to selling those models individually they release a Combat Patrol Imperial Fist or something like that. I mean, maybe not likely, but I could see it happening. Although if that were the case we probably would have seen a combat patrol that utilizes all the new necron models themed around one of their detachments.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Those would be great for my Grey Knights and my bourgeoning Blood Angels collection.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
My big hope with the codex is that they continue to blur the line between primaris and firstborn; I particularly hope they take a que from the land raider and lets rhinos transport primaris, my current best use case for them is actually Scouts, it'd gain the scout move.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Cooked Auto posted:

Still waiting for Primaris Interocitors.
gently caress you, I was just about to post this joke and you beat me to it

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Has anyone said Infarctors yet

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Froghammer posted:

gently caress you, I was just about to post this joke and you beat me to it

I've made the joke before and I'll make it again. :hehe:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I think there is an off chance they might release something for one of the SM chapters that is not big enough to recieve their own codex.
Yeah this is true.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
The most powerful unit of all will surely be the Primaris Introspectors.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's too bad that the Astartes don't have any sense of live performance, so we'll never get Primaris Impresarios.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

I've made the joke before and I'll make it again. :hehe:

Okay I looked it up and this is a masterpiece, good job

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is warhammer quest a super simple general audience board game?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I wouldn't call anything GW makes 'general audience'

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

smug jeebus posted:

I wouldn't call anything GW makes 'general audience'

Some may even call it 'otiose'

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Al-Saqr posted:

No it's a group vs GM/automated game, two recent ones were Blackstone Fortress for 40k and Cursed City for AoS.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Passed 2k painted points of Iron Warriors so I took a family photo. Taking a photo of an entire army is hard.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Geisladisk posted:

Passed 2k painted points of Iron Warriors so I took a family photo. Taking a photo of an entire army is hard.

Love it. Are there Havoks in there? I was thinking of getting some as auxiliaries for my weird little guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

it's obtusely written and obnoxiously time-consuming, so it's not a game you play with disinterested family, but a sufficiently motivated third-grader could play it with some help