Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Free him
https://twitter.com/JakeSucky/status/1696891626340122672?t=seF4SvT0he932JJQHR__tQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Uninstall bg3 and come back in a few months after a few rounds of patches. That's what I'm doing after beating it once

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm nearly done and it has been a mostly smooth ride, apparently the next content patch will fix a lot of act 3 poo poo and expand on some endings, I might wait to beat it until then, but it has been easily an 11/10 game and i look forward to another run in a year or so as a durge barbarian psycho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

Hell yeah this the best stuff. MMO freaks keep delivering

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

you do not have to hand it to Imagine Dragons

Children of the sky...flying so high...

I tear up every time I think of this...the beauty of mankind going to the stars, of the children dreaming of a brighter tomorrow...

gradenko_2000 posted:

"seasons" are a great way to tap into this sentiment but Blizzard is such a barren, do-nothing company nowadays that they can't even manage to do something as simple as a regular season reset. Diablo 2 has been stuck at Season 4 since May, and WoW Classic has turned towards Hardcore mode because the original seasonal concept petered out after like two resets.

Meanwhile even Fallout 76 is up to something like season 14; and that's not an endorsement of FO76, that's how low the bar is that Blizzard still can't clear.

How exactly did seasons work for WoW? Were there unique things for each season?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

saw a goon mention in the AC thread that they hit the bumpers on their controller with their thumbs. poor guy never stood a chance

sounds like armored core grip to me

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the backwards controller thing is a joke btw no one actually does that

sorry if i ruined it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr. Lobe posted:

Uninstall bg3 and come back in a few months after a few rounds of patches. That's what I'm doing after beating it once

i lost so much progress due to lovely bugs that this sounds like my plan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zokari posted:

the backwards controller thing is a joke btw no one actually does that

sorry if i ruined it

i do

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hoping the console launch of BG3 goes smooth because I have pals that wanna play it co-op at launch.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

gradenko_2000 posted:

"seasons" are a great way to tap into this sentiment but Blizzard is such a barren, do-nothing company nowadays that they can't even manage to do something as simple as a regular season reset. Diablo 2 has been stuck at Season 4 since May, and WoW Classic has turned towards Hardcore mode because the original seasonal concept petered out after like two resets.

Meanwhile even Fallout 76 is up to something like season 14; and that's not an endorsement of FO76, that's how low the bar is that Blizzard still can't clear.

could be good but players seem averse to blizz doing anything at all with the game, people should just go play something else when they get bored imo. I might have to see if I can organize some world pvp at some point. Just get creative with it, there's plenty of places that would be fun to fight over but I don't see blizz doing anything official

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

there was some recent drama in the community because some months back, a number of players at a top guild allegedly begged to have their hardcore characters restored after they'd already died

a player from another guild was so upset at this that he left the guild that he was in, asked to join this other top guild, managed to embed himself into their top ranks, became a regular tank as they raided all the way up to Classic Naxxramas...

... and then, during the Four Horsemen fight, deliberately dragged the Holy Wrath horseman into range of the entire guild, wiping them (including himself) with no chance of escape - killing the entire hardcore roster in one fell swoop

lol that owns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Buddykins posted:

lol that owns

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Srice posted:

Hoping the console launch of BG3 goes smooth because I have pals that wanna play it co-op at launch.

god i cant imagine the inventory bullshit on a controller

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

just want to say that Mr Hootington has been right about most things in the last six or so pages

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao noah reveal yourself

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Al! posted:

god i cant imagine the inventory bullshit on a controller

If it's like Divinity: Original Sin 2 then it'll have a completely different UI when playing with a controller. Not as good as mouse and keyboard but not too shabby either.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

No "normal" gamer hates the switch

it has the worse control scheme ever devised

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao noah reveal yourself

almost 2 hours in

unironically love his poo poo, the Lincoln highway travelogue was awesome

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

it has the worse control scheme ever devised

fixed by pro controller/hori split pad

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

just want to say that Mr Hootington has been right about most things in the last six or so pages

he said the Switch is bad

im sorry, but im gonna have to cancel both of you over this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

The 'liking videogames instead of posting constantly about how much you hate them' gimmick is the most powerful and destructive one on the forums

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the thing about the switch is... i'll never forget what they did to the eShop

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the thing about the switch is... i'll never forget what they did to the eShop

what did they do to it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

The 'liking videogames instead of posting constantly about how much you hate them' gimmick is the most powerful and destructive one on the forums

I don't get this take because nobody actually gets mad at Hoot for liking Fortnite or whatever (they used to maybe), they get mad at him for constantly talking about how much he hates other games

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

It is a ludicrously awful piece of hardware.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

what did they do to it

they intentionally made it so that all the old games people had bought for Wii wouldn't still be available on Switch when it seems like it would have been pretty easy to do that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hoot is an S-tier hater and frankly it's a bit insulting to the time and effort he's put in to that to say he's just here to have a good time and thinks all games have a kernel of goodness in them

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

nobody actually gets mad at Hoot for liking Fortnite or whatever (they used to maybe)

absolutely not true, somebody got mad at him for posting about the Heist update like within the last week

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

loquacius posted:

I don't get this take because nobody actually gets mad at Hoot for liking Fortnite or whatever (they used to maybe), they get mad at him for constantly talking about how much he hates other games

also he makes us scroll past his extremely long posts about Fortnite filled with pictures of… idk marketing material?

what I’m saying is he’s a plant

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

loquacius posted:

I got a take for you. Take this :blastu:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Also like two weeks ago some aids mod issued a mod challenge because he posted fortnite ftw or whatever lol

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

yeah the Switch is good. And New Vegas is as well. and Starfield will be mid. but everything else is correct, including Fortnite ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I haven't hated on AC6 or bg3

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Switch is the greatest gaming console ever made by a country mile, and it shall remain so until the Switch Pro in 2377 or the Steam Deck 2.0 comes out and is the same or better oomph with a smaller footprint

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I haven't hated on AC6 or bg3

I will. I’ll hate on it. From doesn’t make fun games. You should be able to chill out and have a beer whilst gaming and that’s on period

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I will. I’ll hate on it. From doesn’t make fun games. You should be able to chill out and have a beer whilst gaming and that’s on period

just use cheat engine to give ur dude max stats and have a blast

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

DaysBefore posted:

Also like two weeks ago some aids mod issued a mod challenge because he posted fortnite ftw or whatever lol

"because he posted fortnite ftw" and not because he spams every inconsequential fortnite update whenever he's not spamming pointless contrarian bullshit. sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Red Baron posted:

just use cheat engine to give ur dude max stats and have a blast

they don’t have cheat engine on console, the best way to game