Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

(since been renamed Bridgestone Arena)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Air Skwirl posted:

I have an uncle who said if he was a billionaire he would try and buy the naming rights to a stadium and call it something like "politicians are morons stadium" because there's gotta be a price point where they agree to pretty much any name that doesn't contain an obscenity or something they could be sued over.

Back when I was in business school, South Alabama did not have a football stadium of their own yet, but were seriously lusting for one. So I was joking with a professor that my Powerball fantasy was to buy South the stadium, but only on the condition that they name it the Barack Hussein Obama Best President Stadium.

He did not laugh.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

codo27 posted:

(since been renamed Bridgestone Arena)

Gaylord is apparently an rich old family. DFW has a bunch of big Gaylord stuff, including a Gaylord Street and The Gaylord Resort.

I laughed my rear end off every time I saw someone talking about going the the Gaylord on a date in the depths of homophobic texas

https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/listing/gaylord-texan-resort/6/

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They used to host Quakecon at the Gaylord in Dallas.

Edit: content

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Read that as DIOCLETIAN initially.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

method acting a furby

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

The Memphis Pyramid thankfully never got a stupid name like The Autozone Pyramid but it did suffer the fate of turning into a Bass Pro Shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYE-1HfReQo

Anyway here's a tweet
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1696882097988722833?s=20

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Pittsburgh Penguins used to play in an arena known as the Igloo. Which I used to think was funny. Then I realized Igloo is an Inuit word and they are from North America, but penguins only live in the southern hemisphere. It did kinda look like an igloo though.

Also sometimes people call the San Jose hockey rink the Shark Tank. :coolfish:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Biplane posted:

The best way to practice healthy eating is to divide your portion sizes by four.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I do not read usernames. I judge on posts alone.

Hi this is Jeff YOSPOS plz send me ur credit caerd numbr

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
My company had our Christmas party at the Gaylord Texan this year, and many years previous. I honestly don't even notice the name anymore.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

Someone has made an add-on to strip a lot of useless JS

So it just disables JS entirely then?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/peepeelaugh/status/1696253567097622708

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Holy lol-y that community note

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
My favorite old-school local fast food place was called Gay Dan’s. Now Mr Dan’s or Big Dan’s unfortunately, but I recently found out it stared as a wiener cart, Gay Dan’s Weiners.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

muscles like this! posted:

Holy lol-y that community note

So much power in its brevity. "Tim is bald" is the "Jesus wept" of Community Notes

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Tim is bald.

I am dead.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
God is dead
- Nietzsche

Tim is bald
- God

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Morpheus posted:

God is dead
- Nietzsche

Tim is bald
- God

You're! Bald!
- Elaine

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

More like Dim Tool imo

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Biplane posted:

He would advise eating cabbages.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kenning posted:

More like Dim Tool imo

Bald-peen hammer

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snark posted:

So much power in its brevity. "Tim is bald" is the "Jesus wept" of Community Notes

Tim is bald.

France is bacon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

The Memphis Pyramid thankfully never got a stupid name like The Autozone Pyramid but it did suffer the fate of turning into a Bass Pro Shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYE-1HfReQo

I do recommend going there if you're in Memphis. It's something.

Also, it has to lose epic amounts of money. There's like 3 restaurants and bowling lanes in it and every time I've gone it's been empty as gently caress with like a dozen cars out front at most.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
SUET NUGGET: REJECTED

https://twitter.com/JocAPhotography/status/1696929380591673438?s=20

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1696659892784763064?t=-AS90UDXuCCxHohSg_D-Hg&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I want to report this photo because I'm in it and I don't like it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Air Skwirl posted:

I want to report this photo because I'm in it and I don't like it.

You get around

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Trabant posted:

You get around

2020 sits in this weird slipstream where it’s simultaneously last year and 10 years ago

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Freaquency posted:

2020 sits in this weird slipstream where it’s simultaneously last year and 10 years ago

2020 was the awful spin-off season of everything where they introduced a new character that loving sucks and nobody liked and ever since they've desperately tried pretending that it never happened but refuse to outright retcon anything so it's still around hey why does this new post field have "bawk's memoirs" written on the top

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

Delta Center, formerly Vivint Smart Home Arena and before that EnergySolutions Arena
And prior to Energy Solutions it was...the Delta Center. Locals always just called it the Delta Center, because that's a lot loving easier.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

bawk posted:

2020 was the awful spin-off season of everything where they introduced a new character that loving sucks and nobody liked and ever since they've desperately tried pretending that it never happened but refuse to outright retcon anything so it's still around hey why does this new post field have "bawk's memoirs" written on the top

2020 was when the president wanted to kill us all with a pandemic

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mauser posted:

2020 was when the president wanted to kill us all with a pandemic

He was right to do it and also he saved us from the pandemic that didn't exist, although China made it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Tree Bucket posted:

He was right to do it and also he saved us from the pandemic that didn't exist, although China made it.

Remember when covid was just a fake liberal plot by Fauci and Gates...until Trump announced he had it, then suddenly it was a real disease that libs had purposefully infected him with? :allears:

:smith:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Tree Bucket posted:

And the surgeon general, with tears in his eyes, said "sir" and he was a four star general by the way, they won't tell you about that

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

geez, don't tempt the fucker

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mr. Fix It posted:

geez, don't tempt the fucker

Uh

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000