Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I hope he dies soon actually

Edit: wonderful snipe lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Hi it's me, posting a message on the Taternet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what's taters, precious?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

I cant even understand wtf he is selling. For me is just a huge string of buzzwords

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
what even is planet t? did he get scammed into buying plots in decentraland?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's "give father figure money to feel approval"

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

I cant even understand wtf he is selling. For me is just a huge string of buzzwords

He's selling FOMO on the new world order.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Mozi posted:

what's taters, precious?

Not much, precious, what's taters with you?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so in 24 hours when nothing happens , what happens?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The amount of grifters that have gloomed on to "AI" is very telling.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Holy poo poo folks, we missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime! From someone who absolutely, totally is going to propel crypto forward. Or Bitcoin. Or scamming. Or grifting. I'm not sure? He's certainly not about to propel grammar forward.

Anton Golub, whose profile says:

Anton Golub, professional grifter et large posted:

You will learn secrets of crypto industry 👉 follow me | 3x Founder (Lykke, Trust Square, flovtec) | Since 2013 in Crypto Industry
SwissAssetDAO Community Building Workstream Fundraising Update Call

https://www.linkedin.com/video/live/urn:li:ugcPost:7102666965873221632/

Looks like an update on SAD (Swiss Asset Dao). I don't know what they do, but I bet if we ask, they're probably under NDA. Or the answer is grifting. That's probably what it is.

He helpfully links to all the legitimate places that SAD would exist: telegram, linkedin, and their homepage.

https://t.me/+TuJMJpIvZfwyZmVk

https://www.linkedin.com/company/swissassetdao/

https://www.swissassetdao.org

swissassetdao posted:

Entirely anchored in the laws of Switzerland as an association, dedicated to real-world asset (RWA) investing. Thus, just another DAO, probably nothing.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 30, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know what any of that means.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't know what any of that means.

That's because you've not put enough money into it. It's not just an explanation thing. Once you hit $1m of investment, all will make perfect sense and Anton Golub will be gone and introducing TAD (True Asset Dao), UAD (Unlimited Asset Dao) VAD (Victory Asset Dao) and so on. It's as if my new profile photo (thank you admins) reflects on everything crypto.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Sad

Aramis posted:

He's selling FOMO on the new world order.

But seriously, is that a new cryptocoin and/or NFT? A new metaverse? Some martial arts training? What the hell he is selling

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The “live stream rug pull” is such an amazing form of content. Imagine being able to watch a scam happen in real time on screen. It’s just such a post-Covid thing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
and more importantly, who is andrew tate???

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Boxturret posted:

alpha bro dude who is doing "self help" videos about how to be a manly man and get the babes

oh also he got arrested in romania for human trafficking and kidnapping

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Holy poo poo folks, we missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime! From someone who absolutely, totally is going to propel crypto forward. Or Bitcoin. Or scamming. Or grifting. I'm not sure? He's certainly not about to propel grammar forward.

Anton Golub, whose profile says:

SwissAssetDAO Community Building Workstream Fundraising Update Call

https://www.linkedin.com/video/live/urn:li:ugcPost:7102666965873221632/

Looks like an update on SAD (Swiss Asset Dao). I don't know what they do, but I bet if we ask, they're probably under NDA. Or the answer is grifting. That's probably what it is.

He helpfully links to all the legitimate places that SAD would exist: telegram, linkedin, and their homepage.

https://t.me/+TuJMJpIvZfwyZmVk

https://www.linkedin.com/company/swissassetdao/

https://www.swissassetdao.org

Disco Pope posted:

Switzerland? That's a huge plus, but also a red flag.

Nov 6, 2002

crypto is like astrology for dudes

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Boxturret posted:

An ex-kickboxer, Big Brother contestant, and a supporter of sexual harassment on social media, indicted by Romania in 2022 on charges of rape, human trafficking, and forming an organised crime group to sexually exploit women.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Tate#Criminal_investigations

This might partly explain some of the many positive comments on Twitter in response to his scam. And of course many would have been paid for.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 30, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boxturret posted:

a union organizer but for middle school bullies

possibly Tony Robbins but for middle school bullies

like his pitch is literally to 12 year olds and it's "subscribe to my training program and I'll show you how to be a complete irredeemable poo poo faster, better, and more efficiently

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 30, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

crypto is like astrology for dudes

this might be an insult to astrology.

atleast astrology led to astronomy(but gently caress them for getting the -logy root first, ruining the sysmtry of almost all sciences being "studies.") and astrology doesnt burn and create CO2 on bs computations and do crime economy things.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Dan Olsen's takeaway in the meme stock early cut was more or less that crypto, meme stocks, nfts, etc. at this point are just gambling addicts getting taken for a ride over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

What the hell he is selling

Sounds to me like he's selling courses. The video is pretty much:

:words: my course will teach you :words:

I don't know anything about this dude, but my guess is that he's found a way to use his charisma, and understanding of in-group behavior for dudebros, to get people to pay him money in exchange for access to videos where he acts the way he's expected to act, and gives people the feeling they're succeeding at something. Then he probably gets them to invest in something that benefits him.

So pretty much a classic con man.

It's also possible he's only selling the courses, in which case he's not opening himself to as much risk.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

An ex-kickboxer, Big Brother contestant, and a supporter of sexual harassment on social media, indicted by Romania in 2022 on charges of rape, human trafficking, and forming an organised crime group to sexually exploit women.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Tate#Criminal_investigations

This might partly explain some of the many positive comments on Twitter in response to his scam. And of course many would have been paid for.

You missed child endangerment and production and distribution of csam

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tango alpha delta posted:

Lol from now on I’m calling followers of Andrew Tate “Taters” or “ProTaters”.

it's already a concept; they call them "tater tots"

well i sure hope planet T doesn't extradite to romania

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Elias_Maluco posted:

I think I’ve been pointing and laughing at this stuff for too long because the instant I read “passport” I was like “Ah, vaguely defined crypto/metaverse garbage. Got it.”

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mozi posted:

what's taters, precious?

Tate does look more like gollum than sam, true

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
We all clown on crypto, but real legit money making opportunities do come up. The other day, a sharply dressed man in a contrast brim hat and fine, mirror-shined shoes sized me up at a lunch counter the other day when I pulled out my roll and peeled off a crisp 10 to pay my tab. He said I looked like an honest, God-fearing man, and that he prided himself on being a good judge of character on account of his years of work in the real estate industry.

He let me in on a deal that he wasn't taking to just anyone. He didn't want to deal with somebody with a dishonest bone in their body. The man he was working for had discovered a gold mine in Mexico, maybe the biggest gold mine ever discovered, and only needed about $500,000 capital to get the equipment and crewing together to start pulling out what he estimates is billions in gold ore. He took me in his brand new 1953 Cadillac to an office above a dentist where his assayer showed me a sample of the ore and did an acid test to prove it was legit. 18 karat.

I gave him the contents of my savings account and I now have a stack shiny gold foil stamped share certificates, Latin writing on them and all, and he told me I'll start getting paid off the mine in 9 months, soon as they can start shipping the ore out for processing.

This isn't gonna be like the time those crooks took me for 700 dollars claiming they knew how to turn tens into hundreds. Or the time that stranger told me everything he knew about that racehorse he'd seen in action down South, coming up North to clean up. Or the fellow with the three cups and a ball on the sidewalk. I'll be buying whiskey in those fancy hotel bars downtown this time next year, and I'll look back at the fleabag boarding house I'm at now from the windows of a brand new limousine. Life will be so fine then.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I like how this thread is slowly morphing into the general scam thread. It started as one specific scam, so it makes sense.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

We all clown on crypto, but real legit money making opportunities do come up. The other day, a sharply dressed man in a contrast brim hat and fine, mirror-shined shoes sized me up at a lunch counter the other day when I pulled out my roll and peeled off a crisp 10 to pay my tab. He said I looked like an honest, God-fearing man, and that he prided himself on being a good judge of character on account of his years of work in the real estate industry.

He let me in on a deal that he wasn't taking to just anyone. He didn't want to deal with somebody with a dishonest bone in their body. The man he was working for had discovered a gold mine in Mexico, maybe the biggest gold mine ever discovered, and only needed about $500,000 capital to get the equipment and crewing together to start pulling out what he estimates is billions in gold ore. He took me in his brand new 1953 Cadillac to an office above a dentist where his assayer showed me a sample of the ore and did an acid test to prove it was legit. 18 karat.

I gave him the contents of my savings account and I now have a stack shiny gold foil stamped share certificates, Latin writing on them and all, and he told me I'll start getting paid off the mine in 9 months, soon as they can start shipping the ore out for processing.

This isn't gonna be like the time those crooks took me for 700 dollars claiming they knew how to turn tens into hundreds. Or the time that stranger told me everything he knew about that racehorse he'd seen in action down South, coming up North to clean up. Or the fellow with the three cups and a ball on the sidewalk. I'll be buying whiskey in those fancy hotel bars downtown this time next year, and I'll look back at the fleabag boarding house I'm at now from the windows of a brand new limousine. Life will be so fine then.

Reading this post made me sad

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i mean how can ore be 18 karats.. that doesn't even make any sense.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

i mean how can ore be 18 karats.. that doesn't even make any sense.

Get a load of this idiot about to pass up the investment opportunity of a lifetime!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

My little old neighbors got scammed. Exactly as you guys said they would be. Glad I never took the bait.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Tell you what, you don't need to listen to their crap any being dumb, and you don't need to bother digging any deeper into the company. I already signed on with a 100k investment, but I'll give you a 20% share of profits for only 15k cash now. I invested directly in the company and you're just giving me the money so it doesn't matter if they try to scam others I already took on that risk. Just wire over the 15k to this account and all get you rolling in their money soon

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Piggy Smalls posted:

My little old neighbors got scammed. Exactly as you guys said they would be. Glad I never took the bait.

Your post history in this thread is really something. I feel sorry for your neighbors, and it's a bummer that you appear to have lost a nice relationship over their heavy investment in a scam.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Piggy Smalls posted:

But if you had given them your social security numbers and your kids and eventual grandkids SS numbers I'm sure it would have panned out. In fact, is it ever really too late to buy?

I think not!

This right here is definitely looking bullish for example:

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 31, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
its your fault, personally, that it was all a scam. if only you had listened!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

BBBY guys are going nuts tonight because ryan cohen liked and then unliked this post:

they're in front of a BBB store, and horse = stalking horse bid. so clearly the MOASS is upon us. some of them are already taking victory laps.

check out /r/theppshow for purestrain bbby madness. it's full of people who thought /r/bbby had too many "shills".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Planet low T