Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
lol Carlton thought getting Curnow his Coleman would be the highlight of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
.7! .7! .7! .7!

Saints are playing a home final for the first time in 12 years! :toot: :toot:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

lol Carlton thought getting Curnow his Coleman would be the highlight of the year

it pretty much was

benched players in the fourth quarter. bit of a let down but hey, we couldn't lose a home final.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Dees Pies Thursday 7.20 MCG
Blues Swans Friday 7.50 MCG
Saints Giants Saturday 3.20 MCG
Lions Power Gabba 7.25

IMO the game in Brisbane should've been Friday night. Move Saints to Marvel, then have Blues Swans on Saturday night. It's a bit rough on Port - if they lose, they will have the least rest between games plus the travel home from Brisbane.

The loser of the Dees Pies game is huge. They'll host a prelim at the MCG against the Saints or an interstate team, while the loser likely faces a semifinal gainst the Blues then a prelim away against Port or Brisbane...

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

GWS are going to storm through the finals and win a flag, aren't they.. (probs not but they have had one hell of a 2nd half to the season)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Diet Crack posted:

GWS are going to storm through the finals and win a flag, aren't they.. (probs not but they have had one hell of a 2nd half to the season)

I would be happy with this.

So long as Toby Greene breaks his ankle 2 minutes into the Semi-final and misses the Grand Final.

I am a simple man, with simple wants. And one of those is that Toby Greene never gets a Premiership.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Here's my list of who i want to win in order:

Melbourne
St Kilda
GWS
Port
Brisbane
Sydney
*daylight*
Collingwood
*double daylight*
Carlton

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brisbane

That's the list.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

I would be happy with this.

So long as Toby Greene breaks his ankle 2 minutes into the Semi-final and misses the Grand Final.

I am a simple man, with simple wants. And one of those is that Toby Greene never gets a Premiership.

:yeshaha:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In a topsy turvy round, including a brief period Friday and Saturday where drunkill led from me by a solitary margin point, Teacup managed to slip away and seal the deal in the last game of the regular season by picking Giants where I picked the Blues.

Beanies off to all tipsters, looking forward to the AFLW comp.

(edited because teacup apparently doxxed himself in his tipper name)

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 28, 2023

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lol I snuck into the 10 after a really ordinary year. Kind of like the Saints :v:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1696068456515621105

The AA squad this year feels a bit meh?

A lot of good but limited players in there. How is Taranto not in over Liberatore, Viney, Cripps, Martin, Neale?

Max Gawn beat Jackson in most stats despite missing a bunch of games and having many others ruined by the presence of Grudy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wilkie, Sinclair and Marshall chosen from St. Kilda? Very nice.

now just give one of the young lads that gong and I'll be happy.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Charlie Cameron in, good to see.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I would like Brisbane to win and I would like them to bring a piece of the Gabba over for the Grand Final

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Brisbane will need to play with AR glasses on to let them think they're playing at the Gabba

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol @ Jackson and Ryan being selected. Serong is the only player from Freo who had an AA season.

There's so many selected that had average at best years

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Got my tickets for the Dees Pies. Level 2, undercover, right on the 50m line in the Olympic Stand.

:getin:

I'm already nervous. Next Thursday will be a long day at work.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Marcus Adams announced his retirement today following the concussion that he suffered last August, he has not played since suffering the delayed concussion.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

lol @ Jackson and Ryan being selected. Serong is the only player from Freo who had an AA season.

There's so many selected that had average at best years

Were any Eagles selected? A lot of them had pretty average years

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Were any Eagles selected? A lot of them had pretty average years

Oscar Allen made the 40 man squad, but not the final side

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Is Dan Houston really that good? I don't watch a lot of Port games all that closely but he always seemed a bit pedestrian to me.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bont robbed of the captaincy.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I probably would have had Oscar Allen in there tbh. He kicked 50 odd goals this season and he didn't even get to play West Coast

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm not sure it's a shame Bont isn't captain as much as Toby Greene is :chloe:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I probably would have had Oscar Allen in there tbh. He kicked 50 odd goals this season and he didn't even get to play West Coast

The problem is he was never going to get in before Larkey, who kicked 70 in a team just as bad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

harperdc posted:

I'm not sure it's a shame Bont isn't captain as much as Toby Greene is :chloe:

I hate Toby Greene more than most. But for all his faults as agarbage human, he is a good leader, so also a good captain.

Not sure that counts for the AA team though. And Bont is a better player and better person

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Oscar Allen made the 40 man squad, but not the final side

All-Australian full back Callum Wilkie! :yeah:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Great performance by the dees. God I love Alyssa Bannan

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Happy I got to watch that in person. Great to see McNamara running around again and Heath looked great spending more time through the middle. Hore a big difference maker when brought into the centre bounces, she was nearly untouchable through that third quarter for individual influence.

Second the hype around Bannan, her ceiling is so extraordinarily high and really looking forward to how she's going to go this year.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just watched the highlights, what a third quarter.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I only got to watch the first half, so thought that maybe Dees were having a premiership hangover.

8 goals to 0 in the second half :stare:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Vescio the goat 🐐

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Melbourne pulled 6 players from the Casey lineup for this weekend's VFL finals game, resulting in Casey crashing out to the tune of 12 goals.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Some big percentage differences so far after one week. Go Crows, smash some more teams.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Melbourne pulled 6 players from the Casey lineup for this weekend's VFL finals game, resulting in Casey crashing out to the tune of 12 goals.

The team announcements from Casey said they were ineligible due to the pre-finals bye, rather than pulled to be available for senior selection

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just looked at the WAFL table for the first time in a long time, West Coast only have a single draw for the season and a percentage of 39.1. They’re gonna be drafting like maniacs the next few years.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Spedman posted:

Just looked at the WAFL table for the first time in a long time, West Coast only have a single draw for the season and a percentage of 39.1. They’re gonna be drafting like maniacs the next few years.

Not going to win many reserves games when you're struggling to even find fit 22 players for your AFL side.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Lol the weather for Thursday is atrocious, BOM saying there is potential for a legit thunderstorm around game time. Melbourne suck in the wet so we are screwed.

Weather is also cold and wet for Saturday. I wonder how many tickets have sold for the MCG game... could've been a jam-packed 50k for a dry game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

Lol the weather for Thursday is atrocious, BOM saying there is potential for a legit thunderstorm around game time. Melbourne suck in the wet so we are screwed.

Weather is also cold and wet for Saturday. I wonder how many tickets have sold for the MCG game... could've been a jam-packed 50k for a dry game...

Apparently 60+ sold already for the sainters. Haven’t played a final in Melbourne since 2011