Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Also like two weeks ago some aids mod issued a mod challenge because he posted fortnite ftw or whatever lol

challenges cannot be ignored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

loquacius posted:

Elden Ring would have been fully chill if you could pause. Still don't get the pause thing

Other than that, most of the time I spent playing it was much less stressful than when I played, say, Pizza Tower (I liked Pizza Tower)

you can bring up menu explanation from the map and it’ll pause the game

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd say take the Fortnite posting to the games thread but the games thread is often just two hoot posts full of Twitter links one after the other so I guess I understand why he needs some sort of outlet for it

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
if you need to chill though go back and chill with Hewg

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Underground Rivers are some of the most chill locations in a Fromsoft game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

you can bring up menu explanation from the map and it’ll pause the game

I heard this but I think I once verified it didn't work for me (don't remember the specifics, it was I think literally more than a year ago)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Elden Ring is super easy to just chill out with. Maybe not the first playthrough tho.

elden ring is unironically my get high and chill game. mob ai mostly being designed to only send a dude or two after you at once makes the combat oddly relaxing and cinematic then i wander off to pick some flowers or look at something cool or talk to some maybe sinister but mostly depressed weirdo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Really looking forward to getting into AC this weekend.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

New league hero looks mid

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Even first playthrough can be pretty chill if you've embraced correct thought and gave up all earthly attachments to runes, which come and go no matter your deeds. No durability, no runbacks, just settle into a groove until you win, unless it's Malenia

oh yeah that's the thing too unless youre doing a gimmick sl1 run or whatever its impossible to not progress either from levels and weapons upgrades or just having the chill to not stress the dungeon layout

horah loux fuckin sux tho because hes designed to not be cheesed which kinda goes against my rot breath strats

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

oh yeah that's the thing too unless youre doing a gimmick sl1 run or whatever its impossible to not progress either from levels and weapons upgrades or just having the chill to not stress the dungeon layout

horah loux fuckin sux tho because hes designed to not be cheesed which kinda goes against my rot breath strats

Hoarah Loux fuckin rules you take that back, he and blood Mohg are tied for my favorite fights in the game. You've just gotta jump sometimes instead of roll

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im still getting used to the third dimension in elden ring so the only dudes i really have down for stuff i can jumprope is limited to weeping peninsula and limgrave/stormveil

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After that whole rear end game and everything leading up to it, suddenly getting pile drivered and suplexed by a screaming half naked dude was just an incredible moment, it's insanely cruel how From didn't refill his health for phase 2 considering how little they gave him, but that seems to be the curse of boss fights in that arena

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd say take the Fortnite posting to the games thread but the games thread is often just two hoot posts full of Twitter links one after the other so I guess I understand why he needs some sort of outlet for it

I post in both threads.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Red Baron posted:

Elden ring is a lie because you can use shields, and are encouraged to do so

this is an overt contradiction from earlier games where the shield is a trap

I beat elden ring using sword and board only

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Epic High Five posted:

After that whole rear end game and everything leading up to it, suddenly getting pile drivered and suplexed by a screaming half naked dude was just an incredible moment, it's insanely cruel how From didn't refill his health for phase 2 considering how little they gave him, but that seems to be the curse of boss fights in that arena

he's boring

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what the....

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Why did they port Skyrim to the switch but not New Vegas.

Either game without mods is worthless.

This is skooma, and I approve this message.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
elden ring is the first from game i didnt beat because it gave me open worlditis

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

My moonlight greatsword + Mimic Tear build cheesed the gently caress out of him just like everything else.

Eat 1000 damage slashes from 50 feet away, loser!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al! posted:

elden ring is the first from game i didnt beat because it gave me open worlditis

You are missing out

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

from should just stick to what they're good at, making regular enemies, slightly tougher versions of regular enemies and NPCs. the bosses were definitely the low point of elden ring

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Souls games and Elden Ring teach an important life lesson, that the world belongs to stubborn morons who never give up and never change.

Shields, especially greatshields, are insanely powerful. Guard Counters are literally better than parrying and 100x easier to pull off.

I only played ER at release but exclusively used all heavy armor + greatshields with a caster build and got the impression from people that it was one of the "bad" builds. idk worked fine for me, had the most trouble with Malenia because she had way too much lifesteal, couldn't just tank her down

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

from should just stick to what they're good at, making regular enemies, slightly tougher versions of regular enemies and NPCs. the bosses were definitely the low point of elden ring

i liked the bosses. i guess there were a bunch of humanoid ones which is a little boring. ya got big dog, big guy, big moose, very big guy, fat guy, lion guy, goop monster, lady, gargoyle, uhh some kinda big slug, and dragons. coulda used more monsters

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

You are missing out

just got four more areas to entirely clear out and several sections of the map i havent even visited yet and ill get right on that endgame

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al! posted:

just got four more areas to entirely clear out and several sections of the map i havent even visited yet and ill get right on that endgame

I cleared every dungeon and beat every boss. It is possible.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Beer and weed make from software games easier. Real gamers already know this.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Hoarah Loux was one of the most fun bosses ive ever fought in a game but the copy-pasted bosses were pretty trash overall, except the assassins, those were fun

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

silentsnack posted:

"because he posted fortnite ftw" and not because he spams every inconsequential fortnite update whenever he's not spamming pointless contrarian bullshit. sure.

If posting pointless contrarian bullshit was prohibited, all of CSPAM would be indicted

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've done all 165 bosses on every playthrough so far, so like 6-7 in total. I recognize that the repeats are lazy but on the other hand if I really enjoy a fight I don't mind doing it again, in fact in past titles I'd get mad that there was no easy way to do so.

Also the "what? YOU again?" fights are the ones that give me the most grief, especially the two in Snowfield.

In some cases it's fun because you get a sort of newfound respect for some early game bosses that get real fuckin gnarly when you scale them up. I don't run past much but the final form of the Watchdogs give a wide berth

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

BG3 is so good but my potato cannot run Act 3 without a 5+ second delay for everything. Sad.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CaptainBeefart posted:

BG3 is so good but my potato cannot run Act 3 without a 5+ second delay for everything. Sad.

They've said they're working on that in the next patch which is coming soon so :confuoot:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah I'm going to have to wait and come back to Baldurs Gate. Performance gets worse the longer I play a character, especially load times. Hopefully they fix it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Beer and weed make from software games easier. Real gamers already know this.

ive literally put down dark souls at times because i was too stoned/drunk skill issue

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

sebmojo posted:

They've said they're working on that in the next patch which is coming soon so :confuoot:

That's great to hear! I could probably use a break for a bit, it's infiltrated my dreams. Not nearly as bad as Subnautica did thankfully.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I’m going to start bg3 with my regular dnd group tonight. very jazzed

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

DaysBefore posted:

Yeah I'm going to have to wait and come back to Baldurs Gate. Performance gets worse the longer I play a character, especially load times. Hopefully they fix it

Yeah the load times got worse and worse for me as I progressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Al! posted:

ive literally put down dark souls at times because i was too stoned/drunk skill issue

You can't get too drunk when you do it. You have to be like 3/4 gone when everything kinda slows down a little bit but not too much. This is called the Miyazaki plateau and it helped me beat wallclimber on the first try no deaths.