Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/HegelwCrmCheese/status/1696350240100474978?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm so hungry.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I thought I grabbed a breakfast taco but it was a bean and cheese instead

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Nothing like a shwarma at a place where they pour the batter and cook the actual wrap on the grill fresh before filling it up :yum:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Might whip up some nachos quick for lunch but for dinner it looks like homemade pizza with some nice calabrese salami

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Shout out to farmers markets, got beets so making beet pasta sauce with ricotta and lemon, then cooking up the greens tomorrow as a side. 4 dollars!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Hot today so I don't feel like turning on the oven. Going to make submarine sandwiches with genoa and calabrese salami, friulano cheese, lettuce, and this dressing to "Mike's way" it a bit since I don't have any olive spread or anything like that.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Dokapon Findom posted:

and this dressing to "Mike's way" it a bit

AllRecipes posted:

Yield
1 gallon

Based on my experiences at Jersey Mike's, that's enough for three sandwiches!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

fischtick posted:

Based on my experiences at Jersey Mike's, that's enough for three sandwiches!

lol

I followed one of the comments which adjusted the recipe to make ~1 cup. And in my search for fresh buns today I managed to find potato sub rolls :pcgaming:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
planning a sandwich throughout the day is one of my favorite idle brain activities. god speed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

planning a sandwich throughout the day is one of my favorite idle brain activities. god speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5xl0dy9fpg

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

olive loaf

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Sandwich was killer, ended up putting a bit of Miracle Whip on it because a sandwich just isn't a sandwich without it. Same thing for supper tonight because it's still 9000 degrees outside and I'm probably having Mexican for lunch

hifi posted:

olive loaf

I've never had olive loaf, it sounds interesting. For sandwiches growing up we were a salami house, not a bologna house- literally never tried it til I was an adult.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Beet greens braised chicken I do NOT know why or how my phone did this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is your bowl melting in the sun

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

i say swears online posted:

is your bowl melting in the sun

I think it was stabilization that somehow got caught in the pic? idk. Better shot:

Beet greens best greens

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Tonight was double-smoked smokies, charcoal barbecued (I use a chimney starter to get it going) with diced onions, pickle spears (full sour), jalapeno ketchup and brown deli mustard. :btroll:

AxGrap posted:

I think it was stabilization that somehow got caught in the pic? idk. Better shot:

Beet greens best greens

drat that looks good. Hope you saved some beet leaves for holopchi...

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 58 days!)

Ash Crimson posted:

*Guile voice* CHRONIC GOON

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I made two cups of brown rice that ended up not going with the meal I made.

is there an easy way to turn a bunch or brown rice into some kind of sweet dish? like with sweetened condensed milk or something?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rice pudding exists, yes

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I made two cups of brown rice that ended up not going with the meal I made.

is there an easy way to turn a bunch or brown rice into some kind of sweet dish? like with sweetened condensed milk or something?

put it back in the pot with a cup of milk and a can of sweetened condensed milk, add like a quarter cup of sugar if you want it extra unpleasantly sweet, get it back up to a boil then reduce and simmer while stirring regularly until it gets gummy. with white rice that usually takes 30 minutes, brown rice will probably be closer to 45

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Beef back ribs, 90 minutes at 300. The sauce is my Three-Bottle Sauce, so named because it's a mix of three things that come out of bottles: Oyster sauce, sriracha, and (from a jar) TJ's new Sri Lankan Organic Mango Chutney (which is delicious).

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
will it really need to cook that long given the rice is already cooked??

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
if you want to turn it into a big thing of pudding yeah, you gotta get the grains to all puff up and collapse into goo for the right texture. taste as you go along and adjust time as needed if you dont wanna wait that long or like the texture you end up with before then.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rice pudding exists, yes

yeah all the recipes I found called for it to be cooked along side a bunch of other ingredients, but like I said, this rice is already cooked. thanks for the helpful post.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

mllaneza posted:

Beef back ribs, 90 minutes at 300. The sauce is my Three-Bottle Sauce, so named because it's a mix of three things that come out of bottles: Oyster sauce, sriracha, and (from a jar) TJ's new Sri Lankan Organic Mango Chutney (which is delicious).

Omg gently caress you god drat

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

yeah all the recipes I found called for it to be cooked along side a bunch of other ingredients, but like I said, this rice is already cooked. thanks for the helpful post.

I only ever make rice pudding using leftover cooked rice, usually because I’ll make Indian and have lots left that was just cooked normally. I throw in a can of coconut milk, brown and white sugar, cinnamon, and some raisins and let it cook. The consistency of the grains will be soft but you want it like that, in this particular instance a congee or porridge like consistency is not only acceptable but desirable :yum:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

AxGrap posted:

Omg gently caress you god drat

Seriously, try the sauce.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my friends and i sous vide'd a brisket and then finished it on the smoker. it weirded me out at first until i tasted it, but now i'm sold. don't have to get up at 3am to start it, either

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

i say swears online posted:

my friends and i sous vide'd a brisket and then finished it on the smoker. it weirded me out at first until i tasted it, but now i'm sold. don't have to get up at 3am to start it, either

No picture? :mods:

That sounds amazing. Also, fill us in on the dry rub you used.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just a bucket of salt and pepper, hint of garlic powder. we definitely shoulda gotten pics though. the bark formed way better than I expected after only 3 hours on the smoker

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

yes rice pudding

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/rice-kheer-recipe-chawal-ki-kheer/

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

this is Divinity

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Cottage cheese knishes tonight. Oy, vey!

Tomato seems quite large relative to wiener (furter?); why lettuce? Is that some kind of dressing on there?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some people take "a hot dog is a sandwich" very seriously, is all

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Lpzie posted:

this is Divinity

:gout:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Lpzie posted:

this is Divinity

this always happens when I ask for the salad on the side

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Are those pepperoncinis and pickled jalapenos?

e: is that a paper plate?

Stale as hell untoasted Wonder bun...

I should kick your rear end for this! You can never be pardoned! :mad:

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lpzie posted:

this is Divinity

i'm the quarter-teaspoon of mayo