Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

My switch is hackable
in case you turn that thing into money, the series s costs $350 (the $300 model is going to disappear from existence soon, just as well because it can now only hold one game) and if you only have a 1080p tv you're not missing out on all that much compared to the series x

also, most physical series x games don't actually play from disc anyway (which is really shameful but what can you do when packed data would be two or more 50gb discs now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

you know what was a good game? Brothers in Arms the Hells Highway or whatever one

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
New SF6 trailer for their redo of F.A.N.G. and I'd say they pulled it off. Her animations are crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_871izU8Fpg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

802.11weed posted:

i played the demo when that first came out. very cool, love the presentation. i didnt think it was deep enough for a whole game but it seems well liked ?? idk im being difficult

maybe ill just get high and watch youtube garbage

oh well i think for you the single player would be an easy onboarding to the concept but you'd really enjoy the endless mode, which is basically murder tetris. it's really hard, my highest score is only something like 60. also i suggested it because its <10 bux.

now, if you really want to get into the freak poo poo, try playing superhot in vr

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

im gonna make a bard but a halfling or a half orc, cant decide which gets more stupid dialogue

githyanki

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

drat, the homeworld 3 coop mode looks pretty cool too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buddykins posted:

this goes for all games. cocaine will make you champion league in CoD too

god drat, i wasted my cocaine years on hanging out with girls

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

fridge corn posted:

I have never played a From-like I've actually liked

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I couldn't sleep so I played a little Sniper Elite 4.

The game now has "silenced ammunition" as a special item you can pick up - I snagged ten rounds. It's nice for picking off groups: take out the first of a pair with a silenced round, and then the other with a regular shot because it doesn't matter that you're heard at that point.

There are also motorboats that patrol the waterways; their weakspot is shooting the tips of the outboard torpedoes to blow up the whole thing in one shot. I like how the game favors action-movie logic, like that and setting off gas tanks with bullets, when it favors the player.

the sniper elite series are all real Videogames, and a lot of fun in that regard. imo the true successors to the medal of honor series especially considering the blend of action movie antics with light stealth gameplay

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I guess you can cloud stream Xbox x games to Xbox 1? I'm borrowing the kids Xbox 1 to okay starfield. 👍

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

I guess you can cloud stream Xbox x games to Xbox 1? I'm borrowing the kids Xbox 1 to okay starfield. 👍
Probably workable if your ping to microsoft cloud/xcloud is 40 or less, BGS games aren't hard until you make them so

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mean Baby posted:

I've only seen one war crime and it is the person who said MGSV has bad gameplay.

I wish I could Fulton device bad posters

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Koirhor posted:

needing to fulton a finnish translator to understand them

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Koirhor posted:

Then the bad posts would just be coming from inside Motherbase.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i predict totk will be dead last of this year's big 3 exclusives (out of itself, ff16, and starfield) in terms of overall quality, presentation and politics

apropos of absolutely nothing

Would be a huge mistake. Tears physics system is heads and tails above SQEX managing to put out an ok final fantasy that they mostly achieved by really narrowing their scope.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Let me slap a bikini on this box to bamboozle a russian so I can CQC him and make him my BDSM lover.

is it nirvana?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

Would be a huge mistake. Tears physics system is heads and tails above SQEX managing to put out an ok final fantasy that they mostly achieved by really narrowing their scope.
i'm not calling it a bad game, i'd put totk on the same level as Prey in terms of how interested I was in it (on a pure playability level I loved it, but i've had absolutely no emotional response to doing anything but crashing my ramshackle shitheaps on top of monsters that promptly almost one-shot me, gently caress you shigeru miyamoto), i prefer ff16 more because i actually cared about some of the characters and I generally like stylish action games. I don't have AC6 or BG3 yet due to emergency finance management, but I'm sure I'd enjoy AC6 more than either.

i'm imagining starfield to be in between ff16 and totk in terms of my overall enjoyment out of the box, the prospect of turning it into a psychotic looter game monstrosity like I did fallout 4 doesn't factor on my ultimately irrelevant impressions because that's honestly unfair, it'd be like calling the original Doom games the best games of all time because you can turn them into practically anything. Incidentally they are the best games of all time, but not for that reason.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

totk was a very cool game when i was flying bombers all over the underground until i decided to try and finish the main quest and then immediately got sick of it. so many awful cutscenes and annoying characters shrieking. even the other language voices were terrible. i don't even remember where i stopped. i think i fought a pack of ganons?
the air temple was cool and then the rest of em were just annoying chores

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should put windwaker on switch and replace the last triforce collection part with a new dungeon idk im just saying what a good zelda would be imho

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Sharps posted:

the sniper elite series are all real Videogames, and a lot of fun in that regard. imo the true successors to the medal of honor series especially considering the blend of action movie antics with light stealth gameplay

I'm very excited because I discovered yesterday that I also have SE5 via Playstation Plus so I'm all set for the rest of the year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 is really good. the ai actually almost can defend itself finally and they dont just filter slowly in front of your sights when alerted anymore like the older games sometimes felt like. some problems naturally from being what it is but please enjoy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

they should put windwaker on switch and replace the last triforce collection part with a new dungeon idk im just saying what a good zelda would be imho

idk they don't seem very capable of consistently making new dungeons that are good nowadays. the shrines were a lot better in totk than in the last one but those temples, yuck. maybe they aren't fun because they have to gear it for the sage powers and have to make it so you can get through without any additional powers.
like the snes/nes zeldas you can sequence break but they have an intended sequence so that you're supposed to have x y and z items going into a dungeon and that allows for more creative mechanics in the dungeons whereas just letting players run around willy nilly means the dungeons are more straightforward and boring

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3ds link whatever had freedom but also good dungeons

i think the dungeons are bad cause their engine is made for their bigass map and sucks at interiors and all the objects in the world are fiddly as hell and everyone would break the dungeon if it was too complicated by blasting themselves into the skybox by accident

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'm a little disappointed with the arena in ac6. literally every enemy can be chumped by putting missiles in every weapon slot and boost kicking the poo poo out of them. i haven't finished the campaign yet but being able to change the fight location (and having those be more interesting) would add some replay to the arena ladder. the acs aren't even that memorable, they just exist as swarms of missile trails and explosions.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's the authentic arena experience.

You're only missing out on an enemy high speed core boosting out of bounds of the map at the start of the match.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hardest Arena fight was G1, took me 3-4 tries.

V.I turned out to be a chump.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok, kind of played through Immortality.

I guess reviewers are still suckers for stuff that breaks the fourth wall and asks deep profound questions like "what is art?" and "can women make art?".

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

when you get a good engine going in against the storm? :discourse: managed to get 5 reputation through resolve

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I guess reviewers are still suckers for stuff that breaks the fourth wall and asks deep profound questions like "what is art?" and "can women make art?".

my wife and i played it together so we had fun coming up with a bunch of crazy theories about the story and the meta-story. but yeah ultimately its pretty shallow. it got annoying trying to spade out the last little bits. that said, i think the presentation and package are top notch. i think if you think of it more like a horror game than Art - which is what we did - you'd see it in a more positive light.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

when you get a good engine going in against the storm? :discourse: managed to get 5 reputation through resolve

idk when they added rain bots but they're a game changer

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think it was alright and a decent way to waste three of my evenings while drinking beer.

I'm mainly dumping on the universal praise it got from reviewers. It's not deep and profound but it's a decent "one of those" sort of narratives with a strong Hollywood dream throughline if you're into that.

It's an FMV game that breaks the 4th wall, if that does anything for you great, you'll probably like it. If you know that's not what you want right now, then probably just do something else.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 05:43 on Aug 31, 2023

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
been playing bg3 and i rejected Astarion the night of the goblin druid grove invasion celebration but i killed the guy trying to hunt him so now he's back in my bed :smug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i told that guy where he was cause i expected a cool showdown but nope asterion is quietly removed from the game like yeah bro i'll be arrested thanks.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

I liked it.

Epic High Five posted:

play Roadwarden

also this

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i told that guy where he was cause i expected a cool showdown but nope asterion is quietly removed from the game like yeah bro i'll be arrested thanks.

never saw those dudes until act 3 despite having astarion in my party from the start and it was a bit jarring

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

thinking "astarions not so bad, he's just a sassy vampire man" but then you find out he's been abducting children for murder? bro...

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they set the tone pretty well for him early, when he remarks that of course the parasite was just going to turn him into a DIFFERENT kind of monster

dude is just full self loathing and rolling with the punches

he's going to make a good thrall when i usurp the ritual

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I uninstalled bg3 before finishing it, I broke too many scripts, i.e. entering empty rooms that clearly were part of a big quest, and also obv Karlach

it was like playing on a soundstage after dark

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mission 2 of Sniper Elite 4 completed.

Besides the suppressed ammo that I mentioned in a prior post, this game actually has NPCs that the protagonist interacts with now for plot exposition. And there's even a set piece where the Italian resistance is fighting with the Germans inside this town that you're infiltrating, and you get to help them, but the game also lets the friendlies kill off Nazi soldiers all on their own if you provide enough covering fire.

What I'm finding a bit janky is that there's a token system for unlocking new guns, and a skill point system for gaining bonuses like faster stamina recovery, but I'm two missions in (in a campaign that's 'only' about six missions long?) and I've yet to earn enough currency to afford even a single upgrade from either system. It's not really holding me back, and maybe playing on Cadet is part of it, but it's so stingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i would pay money to have a DLC for BG3 that adds in all the DMs outtakes and meltdowns

its larial so theyll probably add it five years from now in a random patch