Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
incredible avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Solus posted:

incredible avatar

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rhymenoserous posted:

Why did we stop mocking J4G’s in here anyway I feel a valuable service has been lost.

trying to be inclusive

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ded posted:

trying to be inclusive

Toxic or non?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

ded posted:

trying to be inclusive

well in that case i change my mind inclusiveness is awful

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Solus posted:

incredible avatar

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

nobody wants to have a nice conversation with you, you have actual turtle poo poo for brains hth

Better than horse poo poo tbh

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Solus posted:

incredible avatar

It's some of the best spent $10 I've seen in a long time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Roll with those punches bud.

Edit: mods let’s go ahead and change weeks to days in the thread title.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 31, 2023

Foffy123
Apr 1, 2016

Yes.

Balthusdire posted:

I change my views all the time as long as I dont disagree with the information. I am enlightened.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Rhymenoserous posted:

It’s not reasonable for a person to not be allowed to say “that’s my wife or husbands picture on my desk” and then be able to handle the follow up questions you asocial weirdo.

Reminds me of when this math teacher at my high school had a whole PowerPoint presentation for the class after Valentine’s Day about what he did for his wife, a fellow teacher at the same school , and how much he loved her. Completely inappropriate and on its own bizarre. Then he got caught with a student a few weeks later and disappeared with her. It was a little shocking as he was big on social media and had a whole youtube channel on teaching math that’s still up. I heard rumors that someone found him and he ended up marrying the student and became a postal worker.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

salartarium posted:

Reminds me of when this math teacher at my high school had a whole presentation for the class after Valentine’s Day about what he did for his wife, a fellow teacher at the same school , and how much he loved her. Completely inappropriate and on its own bizarre. Then he got caught with a student a few weeks later and disappeared with her. It was a little shocking as he was big on social media and had a whole youtube channel on teaching math that’s still up. I heard rumors that someone found him and he ended up marrying the student and became a postal worker.

What the actual gently caress.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

salartarium posted:

Reminds me of when this math teacher at my high school had a whole presentation for the class after Valentine’s Day about what he did for his wife, a fellow teacher at the same school , and how much he loved her. Completely inappropriate and on its own bizarre. Then he got caught with a student a few weeks later and disappeared with her. It was a little shocking as he was big on social media and had a whole youtube channel on teaching math that’s still up. I heard rumors that someone found him and he ended up marrying the student and became a postal worker.

are you here for the shitposting or the eve posting?

the pedo threads are uh.... *gestures wildly at the rest of something awful*

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

salartarium posted:

Reminds me of when this math teacher at my high school had a whole PowerPoint presentation for the class after Valentine’s Day about what he did for his wife, a fellow teacher at the same school , and how much he loved her. Completely inappropriate and on its own bizarre. Then he got caught with a student a few weeks later and disappeared with her. It was a little shocking as he was big on social media and had a whole youtube channel on teaching math that’s still up. I heard rumors that someone found him and he ended up marrying the student and became a postal worker.

Was there poison in the water during the 2021 registration year for something awful? What the gently caress is going on here.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

salartarium posted:

but he was straight he should have had no problem following the law

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Baculus posted:

the pedo threads are uh.... *gestures wildly at the rest of something awful*

Xenuria would like a word.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jay Derkin posted:

Xenuria would like a word.

did they change the rule or do we get to see dipshit eat a 6er

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

did they change the rule or do we get to see dipshit eat a 6er

Hoping for a bit more than that.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Solus posted:

a wise man with a dent in his chest once said - shutting down eve online would be like shutting down the ghost prison in ghostbusters but for the worst type of people

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

This is true most of my posting is confined there.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I feel like we’re being invaded by TEST escapees or people who brain damaged themselves with long Covid because of a long held believe in government nano probes or something.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mooooooooooooodddsssss

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hoping for a bit more than that.

long probe rather than a ban, i hope, to preserve my excellent use of :10bux: imo :colbert:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

"drat obvious bait time to engage for ten pages" - goons, unfailingly

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zoya posted:

long probe rather than a ban, i hope, to preserve my excellent use of :10bux: imo :colbert:

are you the mister banksy? if so, my god

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

excuse you dont loving judge my culture

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zoya posted:

I like you.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Kazinsal posted:

:justpost:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no not posting

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

its nice every once in a while for delta and goose people to run into each other and shitpost some dipshit into eating a ban

apparently the pubbies on reddit think we are the same group which is pretty loving gross.

no offense, just... like why would we play eve online...

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

Hey so I just skilled into a Zirnitra(its a loving TRIANGLE DREAD!) and I can't wait to get into a capital fight with the enemy so I can OWN THE OTHER SIDE. What have you fellow eve online enthusiasts been skilling into in this AMAZING internet spaceship game? Also any really decent people I can get in game to be real friends and not total drama obsessed losers? Asking for a friend. tia

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

pyrometer posted:

Hey so I just skilled into a Zirnitra(its a loving TRIANGLE DREAD!) and I can't wait to get into a capital fight with the enemy so I can OWN THE OTHER SIDE. What have you fellow eve online enthusiasts been skilling into in this AMAZING internet spaceship game? Also any really decent people I can get in game to be real friends and not total drama obsessed losers? Asking for a friend. tia

sorry i'm confused i thought this was the ben shapiro thread?

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

pyrometer posted:

Zirnitras are excellent ships. I'm a fan of all the trig ships, the new disintegrator mechanics were a much needed mix-up into the meta. Also it seems like a lot of alliances are using Rokhs, might not be a bad idea to skill into those.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Baculus posted:

I try to remain strategically ambiguous at all times.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jay Derkin posted:

The whole point of the law is to completely remove sexuality and personal matters from K-3 education. I see zero reason that it won't be followed by straight teachers. If I was an LGBT parent and got word that a straight teacher was ignoring the law that an LGBT teacher was expected to follow I would raise hell until that teacher faced consequences, and rightfully so.

how's that nazi boot taste?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Baculus posted:

its nice every once in a while for delta and goose people to run into each other and shitpost some dipshit into eating a ban

apparently the pubbies on reddit think we are the same group which is pretty loving gross.

no offense, just... like why would we play eve online...

we're the same kind of Dangerous Schismatics (tm) so it makes sense

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

twigplant posted:

Sure. Anyone wanna talk about that CCP survey that went out instead? What are everyone's feelings on things like "inclusion" and "not making this game an acid bath experience for women?"

I don’t want my only posts in this thread to be non topical and despite all my shitposting I do like that goons are still carrying the torch in eve so I wanted to come back to this. Though my opinion is gonna be pretty negative.

I don’t know how they think they can address this in any meaningful manner that isn’t slapping a “girl colored pink bandaid” over a gaping wound.

Ultimately the toxicity of this player base towards women is one that would need a lot of social engineering and monitoring of tools that explicitly do not belong to CCP to clean up. The worst of the worst horrible game ruining sexist poo poo I ever heard was in fleet coms, jabber and so on, not in the game client itself.

Without a big demographic shift towards women playing this game independent of whatever CCP does I don’t expect women’s voices to have enough weight to push through the white noise of a ummm at least moderately awful user base. There’s a concept of a poisoned well, wherein once so much poison is in the well you’ll never get clean water out of it ever again. Gaming on the whole already has a problem with this and much as Goonfleet lags behind something awful cultural moores by a good decade so also goes eve online to the rest of gaming.

Honestly you need look no further than the response on Reddit to the current problems to see what I mean. At best CCP can axe folks doing it within in game chat channels, they can promote women devs to encourage interest, but considering the last time a CCP lady got promoted from the gaggle her nudes were posted within the week, I’m gonna just continue to be skeptical that this player base is gonna play ball.

Edit: hope this was coherent, it’s bedtime.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 31, 2023

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

how's that nazi boot taste?

gently caress nazis.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don’t expect women’s voices to have enough weight

Finally, Goons and NC have common cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don’t want my only posts in this thread to be non topical and despite all my shitposting I do like that goons are still carrying the torch in eve so I wanted to come back to this. Though my opinion is gonna be pretty negative.

I don’t know how they think they can address this in any meaningful manner that isn’t slapping a “girl colored pink bandaid” over a gaping wound.

Ultimately the toxicity of this player base towards women is one that would need a lot of social engineering and monitoring of tools that explicitly do not belong to CCP to clean up. The worst of the worst horrible game ruining sexist poo poo I ever heard was in fleet coms, jabber and so on, not in the game client itself.

Without a big demographic shift towards women playing this game independent of whatever CCP does I don’t expect women’s voices to have enough weight to push through the white noise of a ummm at least moderately awful user base. There’s a concept of a poisoned well, wherein once so much poison is in the well you’ll never get clean water out of it ever again. Gaming on the whole already has a problem with this and much as Goonfleet lags behind something awful cultural moores by a good decade so also goes eve online to the rest of gaming.

Honestly you need look no further than the response on Reddit to the current problems to see what I mean. At best CCP can axe folks doing it within in game chat channels, they can promote women devs to encourage interest, but considering the last time a CCP lady got promoted from the gaggle her nudes were posted within the week, I’m gonna just continue to be skeptical that this player base is gonna play ball.

I've not actually seen any woman hate first hand over the years I've played EVE. Though that time has been almost entirely in GSF where that poo poo isn't tolerated, so it may skew my overall view of the game.