Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

I've not actually seen any woman hate first hand over the years I've played EVE. Though that time has been almost entirely in GSF where that poo poo isn't tolerated, so it may skew my overall view of the game.

Hahahahahahha you’ve got nerds in GSF going to bat for a dude that did sexual assaults within the last 24 hours. How am I more plugged into what’s going on when my eve client has been uninstalled for over six months and my esi has been blasted out of the system. Just like leave dude.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don’t want my only posts in this thread to be non topical and despite all my shitposting I do like that goons are still carrying the torch in eve so I wanted to come back to this. Though my opinion is gonna be pretty negative.

I don’t know how they think they can address this in any meaningful manner that isn’t slapping a “girl colored pink bandaid” over a gaping wound.

Ultimately the toxicity of this player base towards women is one that would need a lot of social engineering and monitoring of tools that explicitly do not belong to CCP to clean up. The worst of the worst horrible game ruining sexist poo poo I ever heard was in fleet coms, jabber and so on, not in the game client itself.

Without a big demographic shift towards women playing this game independent of whatever CCP does I don’t expect women’s voices to have enough weight to push through the white noise of a ummm at least moderately awful user base. There’s a concept of a poisoned well, wherein once so much poison is in the well you’ll never get clean water out of it ever again. Gaming on the whole already has a problem with this and much as Goonfleet lags behind something awful cultural moores by a good decade so also goes eve online to the rest of gaming.

Honestly you need look no further than the response on Reddit to the current problems to see what I mean. At best CCP can axe folks doing it within in game chat channels, they can promote women devs to encourage interest, but considering the last time a CCP lady got promoted from the gaggle her nudes were posted within the week, I’m gonna just continue to be skeptical that this player base is gonna play ball.

i miss CCP Seagull. Mintchip on the other hand was a bit yikes. that said:

EVE absolutely is a poisoned well. half the reason i biomassed and will never log into it again is i don't remotely enjoy the possibility of being a lightning rod of drama and that goes doubly for being a queer woman. i 110% do not trust r/eve shitbirds to not try and creep my socials to harass me unless i completely :sever: from the game.

Jay Derkin posted:

I've not actually seen any woman hate first hand over the years I've played EVE. Though that time has been almost entirely in GSF where that poo poo isn't tolerated, so it may skew my overall view of the game.

did you completely loving miss the drama last year somehow?

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

how's that nazi boot taste?

mmm like rainbow skittles hey can I get some of that sweet plex from youre sugar daddy? lmao no self respect just go away

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

EVE absolutely is a poisoned well. half the reason i biomassed and will never log into it again is i don't remotely enjoy the possibility of being a lightning rod of drama and that goes doubly for being a queer woman. i 110% do not trust r/eve shitbirds to not try and creep my socials to harass me unless i completely :sever: from the game.

Yeah I've been gone for at least two years. I have very recently been informed that a bunch of poo poo went down while I was gone.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

pyrometer posted:

Hey so I just skilled into a Zirnitra(its a loving TRIANGLE DREAD!) and I can't wait to get into a capital fight with the enemy so I can OWN THE OTHER SIDE. What have you fellow eve online enthusiasts been skilling into in this AMAZING internet spaceship game? Also any really decent people I can get in game to be real friends and not total drama obsessed losers? Asking for a friend. tia

Bless you for posting about Internet spaceships in these troubled pages

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

pyrometer posted:

mmm like rainbow skittles hey can I get some of that sweet plex from youre sugar daddy? lmao no self respect just go away

bro why is your entire post history the most annoying posts in an EVE thread

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

Man mintchip was absolutely a dipshit but she did not deserve TEST superstars rehosting and reposting her nudes all over for nerds to ogle. And you know what? None of those superstars have been banned yet and this illustrates my point of “poisoned well”. If CCP can’t be arsed to police that what the gently caress is a poll going to do.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

I honestly had little to contribute on the matter, but in that survey that CCP sent out I suggested they create or promote women’s only spaces. I hadn’t been involved in Gamer groups for a while until I started EVE and all the drama I’m being exposed to and stuff I read about is eye opening. I feel like Forest Gump and have experienced a lot of stuff in my life, but some of this EVE stuff to me is outlandish and I think there’s little hope people can change.

For example, I was shocked when I was doing research and stumbled upon the old Ms. EVE-RU beauty contests. I understand it was meant in good humor and the culture there might make it more acceptable, but it was just off putting to me. I like messing around in video games, I like competing with people and occasionally trash talking, but it’s makes me uneasy what some people are being exposed to in a game about spaceships.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

wtf is this poo poo.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man mintchip was absolutely a dipshit but she did not deserve TEST superstars rehosting and reposting her nudes all over for nerds to ogle. And you know what? None of those superstars have been banned yet and this illustrates my point of “poisoned well”. If CCP can’t be arsed to police that what the gently caress is a poll going to do.

I clearly missed this incident. What the actual gently caress. How does that not merit a permanent ban from the game? You're quite literally harassing an employee of the company in one of the worst ways possible. I'm learning a lot this evening. What. The. gently caress.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

salartarium posted:

I honestly had little to contribute on the matter, but in that survey that CCP sent out I suggested they create or promote women’s only spaces. I hadn’t been involved in Gamer groups for a while until I started EVE and all the drama I’m being exposed to and stuff I read about is eye opening. I feel like Forest Gump and have experienced a lot of stuff in my life, but some of this EVE stuff to me is outlandish and I think there’s little hope people can change.

For example, I was shocked when I was doing research and stumbled upon the old Ms. EVE-RU beauty contests. I understand it was meant in good humor and the culture there might make it more acceptable, but it was just off putting to me. I like messing around in video games, I like competing with people and occasionally trash talking, but it’s makes me uneasy what some people are being exposed to in a game about spaceships.

I used to be pretty mean to Arkhamina back in the day and we became friends at a later date after I had a little “shake the ironic bad poo poo that goonfleet was promoting as normal out of your system you are an adult” and I basically trip all over myself to apologize for my behavior whenever we cross paths. And it wasn’t even THAT bad. It was just meanness for meanness sake.

It’s nothing compared to the poo poo boats done during fleets.

Jay Derkin
Aug 18, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I used to be pretty mean to Arkhamina back in the day and we became friends at a later date after I had a little “shake the ironic bad poo poo that goonfleet was promoting as normal out of your system you are an adult” and I basically trip all over myself to apologize for my behavior whenever we cross paths. And it wasn’t even THAT bad. It was just meanness for meanness sake.

It’s nothing compared to the poo poo boats done during fleets.

Bruuuuuh boat too? What did he do? It's like waking up from a peaceful home under a rock to find the forest on fire.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Good poo poo. Okay back to sleep

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

bro why is your entire post history the most annoying posts in an EVE thread

I love you dragonshardz hope you can get a better gaming experience from your next game

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
OK, I'm feeling a bit weird here, but I wanted to post about EVE, so I'm gonna ignore the dipshit posting drama going on.

Recently, I gave in to addiction and revived one of my old accounts again. I then spend an entire evening unfucking my awful overview and working on fits.

Can I say I love the Anathema? The little flying egg is the only covert-ops I could give some guns and tackle without compromising my exploration fits.

And needlejacks are the best. Sure, wormholes are great, too. But nothing beats the simplicity of taking your explorer and just beaming yourself to a random part of the map.

And then preparing a safe spot and logging out, because you spend all the free time of your day on overview settings. :lol:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Derkin posted:

Bruuuuuh boat too? What did he do? It's like waking up from a peaceful home under a rock to find the forest on fire.

I’m always amazed at how little people pay attention. Boat was always a colossal sexist, and this thread is probably going to get nuked. Change of topic. Someone tell me what blackops is doing these days or has zungen fully killed it?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Thank you.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Fluffdaddy posted:

:arghfist::argh: my :10bux:!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

ThePoliticsDipshit posted:

hi everyone this is Jay Derkin here

RIP

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

thanks buddy

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

just a weird aside RIP Mike Williams he was loving amazing in The Wire

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I will literally PayPal you a tenner for making me laugh so hard I thought I was gonna pass out.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

mintchip was not bad at all and everyone freaking out over her then and later on are insane

salartarium posted:

i want to say there was an eve group for girls only, but i can't remember the name of it off hand. think it may have been a slack channel on one of the player ran slack groups or whatever theyre called

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 31, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also lol that mittanis poo poo site is still trying to put out content

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Libluini posted:

OK, I'm feeling a bit weird here, but I wanted to post about EVE, so I'm gonna ignore the dipshit posting drama going on.

Recently, I gave in to addiction and revived one of my old accounts again. I then spend an entire evening unfucking my awful overview and working on fits.

Can I say I love the Anathema? The little flying egg is the only covert-ops I could give some guns and tackle without compromising my exploration fits.

And needlejacks are the best. Sure, wormholes are great, too. But nothing beats the simplicity of taking your explorer and just beaming yourself to a random part of the map.

And then preparing a safe spot and logging out, because you spend all the free time of your day on overview settings. :lol:

Congrats on being the only person in this thread talking about the game

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Mekchu posted:

mintchip was not bad at all and everyone freaking out over her then and later on are insane

i want to say there was an eve group for girls only, but i can't remember the name of it off hand. think it may have been a slack channel on one of the player ran slack groups or whatever theyre called

If you’re thinking of the GSF sig, thats called sirenswarm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

floppyspud posted:

If you’re thinking of the GSF sig, thats called sirenswarm

there was that, but there was a greater eve community one too.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

There was a wider-commiunity ladies only eve teamspeak and in game chat for a while several years back but unfortunately that was the only way in which eve has been ahead of the rest of society, in that the whole thing had a preoccupation with trying to clock any trans ladies (or insufficiently feminine cis ladies) who dared enter the Sacred Single Sex Space

But yeah, there's not much ccp can really do because most of the terrible poo poo happens places other than in ccp controlled channels.

And they don't give a gently caress about the things that do occur in ccp controlled channels so lol.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Anyway remember the time mittens was remonstrating with people being lovely to women in cfc comms and concluded the whole spiel with (paraphrasing but not by much) "we need women to play in our coalition so we can use their feminine wiles as weapons against the sexless nerds who are our enemies"

lmao

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Fluffdaddy posted:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

hailthefish posted:

Anyway remember the time mittens was remonstrating with people being lovely to women in cfc comms and concluded the whole spiel with (paraphrasing but not by much) "we need women to play in our coalition so we can use their feminine wiles as weapons against the sexless nerds who are our enemies"

lmao

it's furniture, but for men

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

it's furniture, but for men

He shouldve tried selling deodorant instead, wouldve made fanfest more bearable.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

hailthefish posted:

lmao

lmao this one's new for me

what a weird and stupid rear end in a top hat

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

why does all the good shitposting happen outside of my timezone :(

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Spaceships

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Another killmark for the eve thread, hell yeah.

Please try to have the next meltdown in EST prime time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hailthefish posted:

lmao

I’ve got this picture in my head of some goonette doing the fan dance Uhura Style just so goons can pull some useless intel coup like the latest NC. Ratting Drama. I swear to god every time I find out something new about the depths of that man’s goofiness over a game I learn a new way to roll my eyes.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

eyeroll gimbal lock

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Anyway, GEESE is a great group of people to fly with.

Friendly, supportive, inclusive. If you've been burned by the usual EvE culture bullshit or you've decided to see what this game is all about, come fly with us!

:honk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I didn’t like have a major hate for her or anything, I just said she was a dipshit which is downright high praise compared to my opinion of most eve news personalities. She also had the rather unfortunate job of being the community lead for an eve spin-off game that nobody wanted or played.