Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

7c Nickel posted:

So here's something a little different. Recently, NGS added private islands and basic tools to edit them. After a false start with a project I didn't really make much headway on, I scrapped it and set about making a recreation of the starting city from the original 1987 Phantasy Star.

Welcome to the beautiful Camineet Residential Area. Don't mind the armed guards everywhere, they'll only beat you to death if you sniff around in the King's affairs.

An overview of the city. It's like 90% accurate, but I did end up moving a few things around and screwing with proportions. You kind of have to take liberties when translating 8 bit tiles into a more realistic artstyle. For instance, every building no longer faces south.

CS have a 10 hologram limit, which just happens to be how many NPCs were on the original map. I did my best to make custom versions of the guards and residents, complete with the original dialogue.

Make sure your Passport and Roadpass are in order (or you will be thrown in prison) and take in the high culture available in this elevated city.

Masterwork right here :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Bartender and or Private Eye.

Ok mainly bartender

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Genuinely stunning.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The new hair is very good

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

So here's something a little different. Recently, NGS added private islands and basic tools to edit them. After a false start with a project I didn't really make much headway on, I scrapped it and set about making a recreation of the starting city from the original 1987 Phantasy Star.

Welcome to the beautiful Camineet Residential Area. Don't mind the armed guards everywhere, they'll only beat you to death if you sniff around in the King's affairs.

An overview of the city. It's like 90% accurate, but I did end up moving a few things around and screwing with proportions. You kind of have to take liberties when translating 8 bit tiles into a more realistic artstyle. For instance, every building no longer faces south.

CS have a 10 hologram limit, which just happens to be how many NPCs were on the original map. I did my best to make custom versions of the guards and residents, complete with the original dialogue.

Make sure your Passport and Roadpass are in order (or you will be thrown in prison) and take in the high culture available in this elevated city.

I recently replayed PS1, so this post fills me with joy.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

DrakePegasus posted:

Genuinely stunning.

the secret is the big eyebrows. they're extremely powerful

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The Warrior of Light has retired and become a schoolteacher.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wrestlepig is going to be unstoppable when Two Dyes happens.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wrestlepig posted:

the secret is the big eyebrows. they're extremely powerful

Big eyebrows are the best. First thing I did when making my Miqo was slam that eyebrows button.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Elezen don't really have as good an eyebrows button :smith:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Wrestlepig is going to be unstoppable when Two Dyes happens.

the kirimu pants of fending's time has come

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I should be posting here, because I like doing fashion things.

In vacation goth mode

In not-really-a-cop mode

In modded modes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still working on filling out my gear for 6.5, but I have The Most Important Thing ready, which is The Look.

E: Man this top has a turtleneck and a high collar, it's like it was made for elezen

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Rocking some traditional samurai garb.

edit: found a much better sword.

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 31, 2023

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Once again enjoying the heck out of the Late Allagan striking suit (and Scaevan hands/feet/head).

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Making the most of my armoury chest while I work my way through HW on the alt. I will never stop putting glasses on classes.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

This year's Moonfire event isn't giving us new swimsuits, so I'll have to make do with old ones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A sentai uniform is a swimsuit if you're in a Toshiki Inoue series

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anything is a swimsuit if you're in the water.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Anything is a swimsuit if you're in the water.

Can confirm

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Hey here's an image dump:

I think I might have settled on a favorite hairstyle for this character.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I forget about the fashion accessories so I was messing around with the wings:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I loving love the Power Ranger glam.
Fun Fact: The Metallic Brass dye matches the chest shield thing, and a lot of the Lost Allagan weapons with that dye match really well. And the Scaevan scythe is just perfect with it.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Buns are pretty cool I guess.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Got these pants in the Euro... whatever the raid where you fight Halone and Nophica and so on

This has potential.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

That is the biggest redcap I have ever seen

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The lizard got toasted. Too much time in the sun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Got these pants in the Euro... whatever the raid where you fight Halone and Nophica and so on

This has potential.

I've found there's a lot of interesting pants that get hidden beneath chestpieces with skirts.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

The lizard got toasted. Too much time in the sun.

Red Xaela buddy!

I've been working on my portraits a bit. I changed my hair, and realized I hadn't messed with the lighting at all on most portraits. So now I'm going through and having some fun with the lighting to make more dramatic shadows and stuff. Here's AST for comparison:

I also completely redid my warrior one because it wasn't warrior enough. Now its very warrior I think:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Genovera posted:

I also completely redid my warrior one because it wasn't warrior enough. Now its very warrior I think:

I like that second one. Whenever I try to be clever with portrait poses I have trouble fitting everything into frame. Though, full disclosure, I'm currently an MRoe so I think that's a lost cause in any case.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Though, full disclosure, I'm currently an MRoe so I think that's a lost cause in any case.

Not an excuse. :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Not an excuse. :colbert:

Turns out I forgot you can zoom out with both the mousewheel and slider, and previously I'd been set to Lala. Got options now.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
reminder that one has more options than beefcake, sex kitten, or noble warrior

i couldnt stop laughing its amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Updated lighting for my ninja portrait. It's one of my favorites.