Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
52 hours into BG3 and still in act one. Talk to everyone. Search everything. And I have a habit of reloading fights not to min/max but just to play it differently or do a gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm about 100 hours in and I just got started on act 2. It really takes me an absurd amount of time to get through games like this because I get extremely prone to save scumming.

The most egregious bug I've encountered so far has been some minor pathing issues with characters getting stuck on terrain, but from what I understand act 1 is pretty well sorted since that's what they had in early access.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The most bullshit bug I've had so far is babby zombies dying after a fight counts as me "assaulting" them and it aggros guards and poo poo. That gets annoying as I am necromancer main.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm about 100 hours in and I just got started on act 2. It really takes me an absurd amount of time to get through games like this because I get extremely prone to save scumming.

The most egregious bug I've encountered so far has been some minor pathing issues with characters getting stuck on terrain, but from what I understand act 1 is pretty well sorted since that's what they had in early access.

Yea, I had to make the conscience choice to reload as rarely as possible, let the dice land where they may, and understand I'm not going to do everything on a single playthrough. I'm halfway through my 3rd now.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
How could they do this to us? The Delta Force trailer shows Mogadishu-style footage and is clearly a homage to it. then right after it starts looking amazing and making me want to buy it, it pivots to some drat lame rear end gently caress future?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egf5LcYgXKc

And why are the drat advertisements about the Mogadishu-part on social media, if that's not the game!? Clearly you guys think that sells better! Wtf?

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Vahakyla posted:

How could they do this to us? The Delta Force trailer shows Mogadishu-style footage and is clearly a homage to it. then right after it starts looking amazing and making me want to buy it, it pivots to some drat lame rear end gently caress future?

And why are the drat advertisements about the Mogadishu-part on social media, if that's not the game!? Clearly you guys think that sells better! Wtf?

I had heard Delta Force was making a comeback. I was secretly hoping it might go a Spec Ops: The Line route but I guess not. So how long does a Delta operator have to wait for his wrist drone swarm to recharge?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wrong Theory posted:

I had heard Delta Force was making a comeback. I was secretly hoping it might go a Spec Ops: The Line route but I guess not. So how long does a Delta operator have to wait for his wrist drone swarm to recharge?

I would love another Spec Ops: The Line to see all the goons raging and completely missing the loving point

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I would love another Spec Ops: The Line to see all the goons raging and completely missing the loving point

“This game was bullshit, it tried to make me feel bad even though I wasn’t allowed to perfectly solve every situation”

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Also, why is still called Delta Force? Aren't they CAG now? Or is that also out of date?

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Vahakyla posted:

"recon arrow active" :lmao:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

bg3 is a good time

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Yeah, don't think I've had this much fun playing an evil bastard character in an RPG since the OG Knights of the Old Republic.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Give me a Delta Force FPS set between Mogadishu and early GWOT with a difficulty between COD and Arma and I won’t need to buy another game for a few years.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Y'all remember SOCOM? I got one of those sitting on a box behind me. Sadly another casualty of Sony's senseless murder of Zipper Interactive.

Meanwhile Ghost Recon has completely lost its identity, Splinter Cell ceased to exist years ago, Rainbow Six has fallen into the Fortnite Hole...

I miss these types of games.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That was the game that got me hooked into multiplayer FPS games. And it had one of the best game commercials ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj74k4wu3-U

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Redeye Flight posted:

Y'all remember SOCOM? I got one of those sitting on a box behind me. Sadly another casualty of Sony's senseless murder of Zipper Interactive.

Meanwhile Ghost Recon has completely lost its identity, Splinter Cell ceased to exist years ago, Rainbow Six has fallen into the Fortnite Hole...

I miss these types of games.

OG ghost recon was so, so good.

Bg3 is hella good too, i'm a cheap rear end in a top hat and it never gets old winning fights by turning chokepoints into slip-n-slides of grease and ice and plinkin everyone at range.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've stacked so many movement speed increasing items on Lae'zel, she pretty much deletes at least one enemy every turn. Even scarier when she's hasted.

My main character is a lore bard with a couple levels of sorcerer and I just buff by dudes and annoy the enemy for the most part, and crush every dialogue skill check.

Shadowheart I have as a tempest cleric and she can dish out a lot of damage too, especially to multiple enemies.

I have Astarion as a assassin rogue/gloomstalker ranger and he can also generally delete an enemy every turn.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

I thought Ghost Recon Wildlands had a great thing going. Go into a fictional south American country and dismantle the cartel was awesome. They screwed it up with Breakpoint. Just pick a plausible real world scenario and give the players the tools to solve it on their own. I don't want to fight robots on Zuck's island. Kick terrorists out of Africa. Liberate an eastern block country from it's invading neighbor. This isn't hard. Haven't cared about Rainbow Six since 3. Vegas was ok I guess. Give me the planning phase back so I can watch my guys duck walk around the map.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah Wildlands is way better as a world than Breakpoint.

I don’t know why everything has to be loving space robots and nanobots.

I loved all the gameplay improvements of Breakpoint but I simply could not play in that world.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Rainbow Six Vegas was awesome though. I dumped a couple hundred hours playing multiplayer on XBL.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im playin inshin now and god drat do i love yakuza games

So I unwittingly stayed in the area that Kamurocho was based off of. I stayed like 2 blocks from that don quijote, and saw a few host/hostess clubs that looked familiar.

The parks also felt just as sketchy.

I was was worried Mr. Shakedown theme would play

Handsome Ralph posted:

Rainbow Six Vegas was awesome though. I dumped a couple hundred hours playing multiplayer on XBL.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Just finished Like a Dragon and I'll be glad to go back to the regular action-combat in the other games. Ishin is next on my radar, but probably gonna wait until I clear out more of my backlog.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

I've stacked so many movement speed increasing items on Lae'zel, she pretty much deletes at least one enemy every turn. Even scarier when she's hasted.

My main character is a lore bard with a couple levels of sorcerer and I just buff by dudes and annoy the enemy for the most part, and crush every dialogue skill check.

Shadowheart I have as a tempest cleric and she can dish out a lot of damage too, especially to multiple enemies.

I have Astarion as a assassin rogue/gloomstalker ranger and he can also generally delete an enemy every turn.

I gave the "click your heels" boots and some kind of "go fast" hat to Karlach and I agree with it being bonkers fun times. Just zipping around wherever she wants to be then making a big ol' smack with her two handed weapons and watching a spell caster go splat every turn.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Karlach seems like a fun character but unfortunately she decided to part ways with me due to some, uh, decisions I made early on in the game. Her loss I guess! Not sure I'd want to miss out on all these cool adventures I'm doing but w/e.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The femme fatale squad in action.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So, Air Goons run DCS World flight sim stuff with various themes. Lately we've been doing Operation Inherent Resolve, with human pilots and JTACs over Syria in 2016, helping Kurds defeat ISIS. There's no air threats, and it's been 9-line CAS and various bombing tasks. Anyway, one goon hosed up and ran out of fuel, crashing his F-16. We've decided to tie that in as Ground Branch operations, offering some FPS-based tactical shooty mans to airplane games. We'd love to have you.

mlmp08 posted:

A couple shots from the other day's mission. Based on what I was doing, I didn't really get any shots of the actual JTAC or CAS stuff.

An F-16 screams off into the morning after takeoff, burning fuel like there is no tomorrow.

1 F-15E conducting combat spread while 2 of them take selfies and call each other "bro" and stuff.

Hornet launch ops from the carrier in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea while another Hornet prepares to depart

Photo taken from a knock-off Samsung by a Flanker pilot who came to remind the Americans that they were operating inside sovereign Syrian airspace.

Morning Hogs

Yooper posted:

Update on Operation Inherent Resolve.

The latest mission involved bombing an ISIS ammo dump, dropping off an axle to Italian SOF, and providing on call CAS for coalition forces. The ammo dump was knocked out, a few ISIS tanks, as well as the CAS targets. This includes a gun run by A-10's on ISIS troops.

Unfortunately Rattler 1-2 had a fuel emergency and crash landed at Minakh helicopter field. Luckily, the British SAS have a team in the area...
We'll be taking a few of the AirGoons who play Ground Branch and they'll be doing a rescue mission to extract the pilot. A bit of meta, but trying to tie the campaign narratively where it makes sense.

Next weekend will be pre-planned strikes. So if you want to participate pop on in!

Vahakyla posted:

Reminder, tomorrow, wednesday 12th, at 2000hrs Eastern Daylight Time we shall play Ground Branch on Air Goons Server, in the campaign tie-in mission that has the British 22 SAS rescue a goon pilot from an earlier DCS mission who was captured by ISIS, and in a mission right after another squadron raids a tanker on the mediterranean that is transporting ISIS weapons.

The SAS troopers preparing in the compound, almost ready for the raid.

You just have to own Ground Branch and join Air Goons Discord and be on time. If this proves popular among Air Goons, and we get a good participation, we'll run more missions that tie into the campaigns in DCS World and carry the story forward or change event outcomes!

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 13, 2023

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

If you are going to play MK1 and aren't familiar with the story up to the end of 11, do yourself a favor and watch one of those hour long youtube videos recapping everything. You will appreciate all the references and everything more. Game is awesome and the story is crazy especially at the end. The only thing I don't understand is in the story you use main roster characters for the "kameo" but in every other mode you have to use dedicated kameo characters instead. It seems like the main roster is already built to be in the kameo system so why not include them in other modes? Invasion mode seems pretty fun but I haven't gotten too far. Horny for Reptile.

edit: oh yeah don't get too excited for Megan Fox's voice acting (Nitara) because it was awful. I legitimately hope they update it one day with an actual voice actress.

Wrong Theory fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 17, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 got a PC patch recently so I’ve been playing it over the past few days. Goddamn this game is so much fun. The SP campaign is delightfully entertaining and the multiplayer is just as fun as it was when it came out in 2016.

R-101 and Hot Daddy (Scorch) 4 lyfe.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The campaign was so so good, and I'm so annoyed we're not getting a sequel.

MP was great too, I should hop back into it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

My two favorite TF2 games both got recent patches. There's never been a better time for video games

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Haven't touched Titanfall 2 in a while now but I used to play the co-op horde mode it had (Frontier Defense) a ton. Spraying guided missiles everywhere with Tone was probably the most fun I've ever had in a mech game. What did the recent patch do/add?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

For anyone who hasn't played it, the Titanfall 2 single player campaign is all I would have wanted from Half-Life 3. New mechanics stay long enough to be novel but not long enough to become boring.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I read TF2 and my brain immediately said "They added more hats?"

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

My two favorite TF2 games both got recent patches. There's never been a better time for video games

I would love to have two TF3's too.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

M_Gargantua posted:

I read TF2 and my brain immediately said "They added more hats?"

More like a 'pet the seal' mode iirc.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Steezo posted:

For anyone who hasn't played it, the Titanfall 2 single player campaign is all I would have wanted from Half-Life 3. New mechanics stay long enough to be novel but not long enough to become boring.

Yeah I should mention, I hold TF2's Campaign in high regard and consider it on the same level as Half Life 2's. It's just so loving good.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I should mention, I hold TF2's Campaign in high regard and consider it on the same level as Half Life 2's. It's just so loving good.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-06-2019/dg8ABS.mp4

Arguably one of the best single player campaigns of all time and kind of out of nowhere. The gameplay of Titanfall 1 was plenty good, but even with substantial hype around the TF2 single player campaign, it basically delivered in all aspects.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

:emptyquote:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-06-2019/dg8ABS.mp4

Arguably one of the best single player campaigns of all time and kind of out of nowhere. The gameplay of Titanfall 1 was plenty good, but even with substantial hype around the TF2 single player campaign, it basically delivered in all aspects.

God that part kicked so much rear end.

I wanna fight with BT again. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://youtu.be/UxqW-etfO9Y?feature=shared

If the first two minutes of this vid don’t rustle your jimmies I dunno what can be done for you. I had my mind blown by this mission back in 2016 and the follow-on level of fighting from ship to ship on foot and in Titan is just perfect loving gaming.

I also love Frontier Defense. You can sometimes string together moments that make you feel every bit as elite as a Pilot is supposed to be, and it’s just so fuckin cool.

Also I’ve been [GIP]PantslessWWolves ever since launch :3: