Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You have to be kidding me lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Stereotype posted:

it’s useful because brc has a lot of similar characteristics to a refugee camp.

Mr Hootington posted:

You have to be kidding me lmao

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
the joker is incredibly important to the sober community

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Stereotype posted:

also while there are clearly some camps with just boatloads of cash, most of the people are not rich tech bros. I haven’t actually found any billionaires, tho I heard they have some camps out near 9:00 and G. I imagine they mostly stay over there.

agent 47, welcome to burning man. you have in your inventory a fursuit, an explosive ducky, and 29 glowsticks

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Dalmuti posted:

the joker is incredibly important to the sober community

yep, he teaches us that it is OK to be different. Reminder to those at Burning Man: there are AA meetings and sober support networks are available here is a link:

https://burningman.org/event/preparation/health-safety/sober/

fartman
Sep 19, 2021

Punished Turtle posted:

yep, he teaches us that it is OK to be different. Reminder to those at Burning Man: there are AA meetings and sober support networks are available here is a link:

https://burningman.org/event/preparation/health-safety/sober/

do the people at the burning man AA meetings mind if your dick is out?

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

fartman posted:

do the people at the burning man AA meetings mind if your dick is out?

This is a very good question. My gut says it wouldn’t be allowed, but I must defer to those intrepid posters on site.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Punished Turtle posted:

This is a very good question. My gut says it wouldn’t be allowed, but I must defer to those intrepid posters on site.

I haven't seen any camps explicitly banning nudity :shrug:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Playa is batshit tonight in part I think due to the changing weather. At sundown a plague of large black beetles descended on my camp on the 7:30 side. It's scheduled to get windy tomorrow then rain off and on for the rest of the weekend. Tonight is probably the last night of decent weather. My camp has plans to DJ until about midnight Thursday night/Friday morning before we try to waterproof as much of the camp as we can.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DarkSithLord posted:

do you have any pics? any fun stories so far?

He is happy. To be there.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

people out there just being naked and sober. God bless America.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

How are these 2 specific cspam goons at burning man lmao how is this real. The IK of the climate change thread and a notorious covid thread former ik are both at the biggest techbro libertarian party in the usa lmao there are pictures lmao

The hypocrisy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol

How are these 2 specific cspam goons at burning man lmao how is this real. The IK of the climate change thread and a notorious covid thread former ik are both at the biggest techbro libertarian party in the usa lmao there are pictures lmao

The hypocrisy

lol thats hella funny

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Unless posted:

my camp’s schedule

can’t make it this year for the other city I help run

edit:

Oh my god

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

nah, bwb does a ton of direct action aid for the most vulnerable groups, but at the burn they also have to attract some of the money flying around

Lmao

Vox Nihili posted:

Day 1 - The Global Community
Day 2 - Creating Impact
Day 3 - Sustainability

Welcome to Davos

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol yeah this burning man stuff just made me think of davos too, these yospos guys are hella funny

https://globalnews.ca/news/4876641/world-economic-forum-refugee-simulation/amp/

quote:

‘They need to feel it to get it’: World Economic Forum attendees can spend ‘a day in the life of a refugee’

For the past 10 years, attendees of the World Economic Forum have had the option to take part in a simulation that attempts to recreate the refugee experience in 75 minutes.

The Crossroads Foundation has hosted A Day in the Life of a Refugee at the World Economic Forum in Davos since 2009, and 2019 is no exception. The program involves a cast and crew of volunteers comprised entirely of former refugees to recreate for the participants the experience of displaced people.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol

The hypocrisy

i'm always hype when people are exactly as terrible as i suspected

absolute dogshit people

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

fits my needs posted:

lol yeah this burning man stuff just made me think of davos too, these yospos guys are hella funny

https://globalnews.ca/news/4876641/world-economic-forum-refugee-simulation/amp/

:pwn:

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

corona familiar posted:

have they Burned the Man yet

bump

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Radical acceptance means that you need to accept the idea that you should disrupt those billionaires in attendance.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

getting burned for posting about burning man. how ironic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fried Watermelon posted:

Radical acceptance means that you need to accept the idea that you should disrupt those billionaires in attendance.

just say this year the theme of your camp is ❤️‍🔥 ng down the rich people camps

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lacrosse posted:

I haven't seen any camps explicitly banning nudity :shrug:

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

if you all thinking burning man is cool wait till you discover buddhism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

money really is the root of all evil

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol

The hypocrisy

Wow, I'm notorious? I didn't know I was that popular.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lacrosse posted:

Wow, I'm notorious? I didn't know I was that popular.

You are at Sturgis for the liberal petite

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
similar in characteristics to a refugee camp

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

quote:

Everything you would find in Black Rock City is gifted, free of charge, by one or more attendees.

Marian Goodell, a founding board member and CEO of Burning Man Project, tells The Guardian that the “radical self-reliance” of everyone at Burning Man looking out for each other is the spirit that drives the event.2

quote:

How Do Our Prices Compare?
While Black Rock City is indeed an experience unlike any other, we’ve compared our ticket prices to a few other events for the sake of perspective.

Event Prices:

Bonnaroo (4 days): Between $190 and $925 + $60 car camping pass + fees
Coachella (3 days): Between $429 and $999 + $102 camping pass + fees
SXSW (10 days): Between $540 and $1,600 + fees
Electric Daisy Carnival (3 days): Between $319 to $779 + $1,099 camping pass (for up to 4 people) + fees
Glastonbury (5 days): ~$345 + $58 car parking + fees
Envision (7 days): Between $419 and $799 + $350 ready-set-camp + fees
Burning Man (8 days): $575 + $140 vehicle pass + fees
It should also be noted that we offer ~5,000 low-income tickets (at $225 each) for those able to show proof of financial hardship, in order to provide access to the event to those without the financial resources to purchase a ticket at full price. For those who can afford to contribute financially, we sell a small pool of tickets for as much as $1,400 to help offset the cost of the low income program. We also gift thousands of tickets to volunteers who build the city and make the event possible.

Means tested tickets lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
means testing discounted tickets to burning man

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
goldmine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
~5,000 low-income tickets (at $225 each) for pell grant recipients who operate a small business in disadvantaged areas

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
buying a ticket to burning man for $1400 and nodding to myself, i did something really good today

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
This watch... this could have been 4 more tickets to Burning Man. This ring could have been an e-scooter covered in pipe cleaners and LEDs!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Means tested tickets lmao

No way lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sending proof I'm low six figures so I can snag a low income ticket