Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hello! Welcome to reading this thread, idiot. Your funeral.

I am continuing my series of posts about going to The Most Inhospitable Places On Earth! Last time in this series I went to Antarctica, which is cold and has penguins who are angry giant birds who smell like dead fish. Everyone loved it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675525. I've been to antarctica several times, but have not for quite a few years entirely because of Republicans/Conservatives, who are awful. You should be a Communist if you think people going to cool places is important. I posted this in YOSPOS last time, and am posting it in CSPAM this time, so don't make me regret it.

This time I'm going to Burning Man, an anarchistic gathering of artists who build a city in some dead lake managed by the imperial government in order to have fun. I am camping with someone I met on eve online. There is apparently a possibility I will die. Stay tuned!

I'll be at 3:20 and esplanade if anyone else is going and wants to say hello to me. I leave on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the worst decision i've made so far is making this thread btw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
oh also if you want to talk about how awful it is for the environment to set a bunch of stuff on fire, you'd probably love the Biosphere Collapse thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979579

don't talk about that here, because no one cares. we are hosed. deal with it.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Isn't the entire place all flooded and muddy because of Hilary?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

NeonPunk posted:

apparently the "ancient" lake was a suggestion and it is also a contemporary lake as well. I'll let everyone know when i get there on saturday, or possibly a week from then because there aren't any working cellphone towers there (federal government is lazy and incompetent)

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
are you going to visit the orgy dome

if you are please don't tell us about it

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
I thought this was co-opted by people with more money than sense long ago and has been only a shell of whatever past glories it might have had for years if not decades now?

also underwater rn too?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
shoulda posted this on yospos this time too

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

John Charity Spring posted:

I wasn't going to but now I will and also will be super loquacious about what happens

Red Baron posted:

I thought this was co-opted by people with more money than sense long ago and has been only a shell of whatever past glories it might have had for years if not decades now?

also underwater rn too?

I heard that too but also I've heard the opposite of that. This year there are lots of tickets available, so it seems that the rich landlord class has decided they dont like it anymore, which means it's cool again

Cuttlefush posted:

it's way more politics related than computer related, which antarctica had at least the pretense of being because i said so. maybe you should post about this is qcs/sad and see what they think,

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
a very cspam thing is that normally relisting burning man tickets is just like concert tickets, except now there are hundreds/thousands of unsold tickets and people are basically giving them away so if you bought a ton to relist them you're just super mega hosed, which is super burning man probably

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
how much are you spending on this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cuttlefush posted:

money isn't real. i've given about twelve blowjobs that i would have rather not given, and about 30 that i was cool with

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Stereotype posted:

a very cspam thing is that normally relisting burning man tickets is just like concert tickets, except now there are hundreds/thousands of unsold tickets and people are basically giving them away so if you bought a ton to relist them you're just super mega hosed, which is super burning man probably

:hmmyes:

these revelations are promising

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Stereotype posted:

money isn't real. i've given about twelve blowjobs that i would have rather not given, and about 30 that i was cool with

answer the question please

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cuttlefush posted:

the real answer is zero blowjobs and around a thousand dollars for plane and event tickets, and food

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Now this is going to be a funny thread.

Goonspeed.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

let us know when they burn the man

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Liked and subscribed.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Seek out and consume the strangest drugs you can. Thanks. 7b-bromo-dragonfly (left handed isomer ONLY, racemic is disastrous to the balls and taint), that kind of thing. Thanks again.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stereotype posted:

3:20 and esplanade

This is interesting, is it like a clock face/concentric circle deal for addresses? Like the number is your direction from the center and then the second thing is how far out from the center?

Any bike plans? It used to be that you could tell burning man had just ended because there would be these horrible, dust-choked bikes just sort of strewn around in town here

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

make sure you bring lots of sunscreen so you don't become the sunburning man

fartman
Sep 19, 2021
are you gonna let your wiener hang out

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

This is interesting, is it like a clock face/concentric circle deal for addresses? Like the number is your direction from the center and then the second thing is how far out from the center?

Any bike plans? It used to be that you could tell burning man had just ended because there would be these horrible, dust-choked bikes just sort of strewn around in town here

leaving a ton of trash behind in the desert and surrounding communities doesn’t seem very in keeping with the mission statement

hmmmm starting to think that this might not be all it’s cracked up to be

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

burning man should be illegal

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

they're supposed to burn him! he's their man!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Red Baron posted:

leaving a ton of trash behind in the desert and surrounding communities doesn’t seem very in keeping with the mission statement

Oh I'm not at all in a surrounding community, I think people would just strap them to a bus or whatever and drive them home and leave them out front of the bike shop I used to work at in case we wanted them. We did not want them.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

fartman posted:

i learned the term 'shirtcocking' from a frequent burner

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stereotype posted:

Hello! Welcome to reading this thread, idiot. Your funeral.

I am continuing my series of posts about going to The Most Inhospitable Places On Earth! Last time in this series I went to Antarctica, which is cold and has penguins who are angry giant birds who smell like dead fish. Everyone loved it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675525. I've been to antarctica several times, but have not for quite a few years entirely because of Republicans/Conservatives, who are awful. You should be a Communist if you think people going to cool places is important. I posted this in YOSPOS last time, and am posting it in CSPAM this time, so don't make me regret it.

This time I'm going to Burning Man, an anarchistic gathering of artists who build a city in some dead lake managed by the imperial government in order to have fun. I am camping with someone I met on eve online. There is apparently a possibility I will die. Stay tuned!

I'll be at 3:20 and esplanade if anyone else is going and wants to say hello to me. I leave on Friday.

Stereotype posted:

the worst decision i've made so far is making this thread btw

Stereotype posted:

oh also if you want to talk about how awful it is for the environment to set a bunch of stuff on fire, you'd probably love the Biosphere Collapse thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3979579

don't talk about that here, because no one cares. we are hosed. deal with it.

NeonPunk posted:

Stereotype posted:

apparently the "ancient" lake was a suggestion and it is also a contemporary lake as well. I'll let everyone know when i get there on saturday, or possibly a week from then because there aren't any working cellphone towers there (federal government is lazy and incompetent)

John Charity Spring posted:

Red Baron posted:

also underwater rn too?

Cuttlefush posted:

Stereotype posted:

I wasn't going to but now I will and also will be super loquacious about what happens

I heard that too but also I've heard the opposite of that. This year there are lots of tickets available, so it seems that the rich landlord class has decided they dont like it anymore, which means it's cool again

it's way more politics related than computer related, which antarctica had at least the pretense of being because i said so. maybe you should post about this is qcs/sad and see what they think,

Stereotype posted:

Cuttlefush posted:

Stereotype posted:

Red Baron posted:

:hmmyes:

these revelations are promising

Cuttlefush posted:

Stereotype posted:

the real answer is zero blowjobs and around a thousand dollars for plane and event tickets, and food

Joey Steel posted:

Now this is going to be a funny thread.

Goonspeed.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

let us know when they burn the man

Milosh posted:

Liked and subscribed.

my bony fealty posted:

Seek out and consume the strangest drugs you can. Thanks. 7b-bromo-dragonfly (left handed isomer ONLY, racemic is disastrous to the balls and taint), that kind of thing. Thanks again.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Hatebag posted:

make sure you bring lots of sunscreen so you don't become the sunburning man

fartman posted:

Red Baron posted:

lobster shirt posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they're supposed to burn him! he's their man!

Real Mean Queen posted:

Oh I'm not at all in a surrounding community, I think people would just strap them to a bus or whatever and drive them home and leave them out front of the bike shop I used to work at in case we wanted them. We did not want them.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

thread title

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

go on

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

🖕

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

walking around without pants/underwear, but wearing a shirt, allowing your dong to be out

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

walking around without pants/underwear, but wearing a shirt, allowing your dong to be out

lol add some penny loafers to complete the look

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

remember to stay hydrated!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

its like wearing your shirt while swimming

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

We called that Winnie the Pooh in my neighborhood

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

there's an ancient toothpaste for dinner comic "worst outfit of all time: just a shirt"

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

I prefer to call this "Porky Piggin' it"

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

my camp’s schedule

can’t make it this year for the other city I help run