Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Kazinsal posted:

my favourite was the guy who 100% believed that all of the <GEESE> wallet is RMTed because he genuinely had no clue how an alliance with 500+ members and a dozen corps, with sov in three regions and multiple wormholes could make 300 billion in profit in a year.

lol i tossed about 50bn into the gooseflock wallet right when it began and i think solo put in even more, I'm pretty sure the corp started with over 100bn in liquid/assets, and then wormhole groups sre known to make money, people are dumb as gently caress lol like if there was 6 trillion in there maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kazinsal posted:

my favourite was the guy who 100% believed that all of the <GEESE> wallet is RMTed because he genuinely had no clue how an alliance with 500+ members and a dozen corps, with sov in three regions and multiple wormholes could make 300 billion in profit in a year. all because we had enough money in the coffers that we could just redistribute equal shares to anyone who logged in for our birthday celebration lmao

that's Angry Mustache, who is part of GSF's finance team and also on the CSM to advise about the game's economy. Quite

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Solus posted:

Yeah he’s a massive racist

i busted him sockpuppeting his racist views in support of himself right when that stuff came out, the other scct saying like, obscure british 'inside slurs ' that they only use around other racists
he had some unique misspellings that he'd used on his main acct too and then try to arguing that it totally wasn't him and then just deleted all the posts lol

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

that's Angry Mustache, who is part of GSF's finance team and also on the CSM to advise about the game's economy. Quite

Ohhh this makes sense because the only way you could hold that opinion is if you don't play eve and nobody who is a director in gsf plays eve

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Keisari posted:

God drat. :(

i'm still around and will keep posting but i'm completely done with the game for good.

windex posted:

Ohhh this makes sense because the only way you could hold that opinion is if you don't play eve and nobody who is a director in gsf plays eve

mustache managed to make 2 whole good posts about the timeline of events from the Death of the Mittani through to this week and clarifying the difference between a sex pest harboring a pedo and accusations of RMT.

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol i tossed about 50bn into the gooseflock wallet right when it began and i think solo put in even more, I'm pretty sure the corp started with over 100bn in liquid/assets, and then wormhole groups sre known to make money, people are dumb as gently caress lol like if there was 6 trillion in there maybe

that's probably correct and we did a lot with all that old-money goon funding.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 31, 2023

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

was squishy the one who had multiple gamer moments on stream and eminent EVE personalities came charging to their defence? I know "EVE personality is a piece of poo poo on stream" doesn't narrow it down

Probably, but i think the drama he was most well known for were leaks from a discord server with every phobic you could think of + loli poo poo. He didnt participate in it super often, but he did allow it and passively encourage it. It amazes me he still has any fanbase at all.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

dragonshardz posted:

i'm still around and will keep posting but i'm completely done with the game for good.

Join the alt Spy Farm and try E-Uni if you ever get the itch again. I wouldn't know how LGBTQ friendly it is, but it has the strictest and most PG comms policy in game, big bureaucracy when it comes to disputes, and a real quality HR system. Plus tons of drama about the most pedantic things that stops series stuff from happening.

There’s tons of the fun corp stuff like art contests, writing, and contests, yet it’s a lot less intense and very chill.

Because of the open nature we’re also pretty good at compartmentalizing stuff and obfuscating if there’s any weird ongoing stuff following you.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Eve hates women and the playerbase is 96% male because they can't stop harassing the other 4%. Buyer beware.

Yeah, it's one of the worst parts of an otherwise... well, it'd still be a bad game , but not as bad.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

no i biomassed after trashing everything that was in an upwell then got my last sub payment back from CCP amd emailed them to delete all my accounts and data

We'll meet again in LOTRO if D'ceet has his way

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

no i biomassed after trashing everything that was in an upwell then got my last sub payment back from CCP amd emailed them to delete all my accounts and data

bullshit, you avoided a ban and dumped all your rmt poo poo on a new character

"The goose escape"

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Techno posted:

"The goose escape"

have you tried watching fox news? i think you would like it

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Techno posted:

"The goose escape"

Didn’t realize Reddit bought an account.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Techno posted:

"The goose escape"

Oh yeah, I forgot I wanted to call you a dipshit before the thread was closed. Thanks for the reminder. :)

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Kaysette posted:

Didn’t realize Reddit bought an account.

They have 40 posts in over a year, all of which are in the eve thread, and most of those are whining about geese. What did you expect?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Now that Siobahn has her original AV back, if someone wanted to give me that sick goose honk AV she had for a day, I'm just saying I wouldn't complain...

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Techno posted:

"The goose escape"

Man the few times I’ve been embroiled in drama and the heaping of abuse that comes with it, the last thing I ever wanted was the hair of the dog that bit me.

I don’t really think gooseflock was a new RMT empire. So far I think that Sio was guilty of one thing and that was trusting elusif to not do elusif things. Which y’know yeah big oof.

But on the flip side of that the level of vitriol aimed her way over this is disproportionate to that aimed at alliances we know are just covers for botting empire’s (NC./Frat, any old Russian alliance) that I’m forced to point out “Something else is in play here” and that something else is ugly as gently caress and worth escaping.

Also you suck.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

hmm, I wonder which bitter, and probably banned, GSF member Techno really is

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man the few times I’ve been embroiled in drama and the heaping of abuse that comes with it, the last thing I ever wanted was the hair of the dog that bit me.

I don’t really think gooseflock was a new RMT empire. So far I think that Sio was guilty of one thing and that was trusting elusif to not do elusif things. Which y’know yeah big oof.

But on the flip side of that the level of vitriol aimed her way over this is disproportionate to that aimed at alliances we know are just covers for botting empire’s (NC./Frat, any old Russian alliance) that I’m forced to point out “Something else is in play here” and that something else is ugly as gently caress and worth escaping.

Also you suck.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also you suck.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also you suck.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Is this like Guess Who or more of a scooby doo type reveal?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

considering his literal second post is complaining in GBS about HR Gender Quotas it could be literally any of them :v:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

ill gotten RMT gains

ill gotten RMT gains

What is she gunna put on the alt? Plex bought with real money that was obtained by selling loving plex?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

hailthefish posted:

considering his literal second post is complaining in GBS about HR Gender Quotas it could be literally any of them :v:

It is a beautiful post history.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

is Ascee the corp full of shitheads? also :dogstare:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 31, 2023

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

is Ascee the corp full of shitheads? also :dogstare:

one of them, certainly

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

We really need a shocked-pikachu emote

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

hailthefish posted:

one of them, certainly

I realised that "corp full of shitheads in Goonswarm" didn't really narrow it down

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also you suck.

And to those of you fake surprised about his corp affiliation, you may be EVEN MORE fake surprised about his current avatar…

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ah well that’s. Ugh. Not surprising.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rmting your character when you quit eve is a time honored tradition, so i don't think its this big 'gotcha' moment people think it once was

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Why do people spend any time on eve Reddit? I’m not being rhetorical, I’ve never understood the appeal and it feels like a big medium for harassment.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's somehow less stupid than the Eve forums when it comes to the actual game.

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

andromache posted:

And to those of you fake surprised about his corp affiliation, you may be EVEN MORE fake surprised about his current avatar…

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

adding the link

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Every time a CSM member, either current or prospective, makes a thread on reddit I ask them to please ask CCP to make PI less of a bone crushing misery than it is now. How had would it be to save planetary layouts like you can do fits, so the next time I have to set up 66 planets I don't need a new mouse

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

raminasi posted:

Why do people spend any time on eve Reddit? I’m not being rhetorical, I’ve never understood the appeal and it feels like a big medium for harassment.

reddit is the default "public discussion space" for the entire internet.

the eveo forums themselves are inhabited mostly by the people too dumb to even go to reddit

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

andromache posted:

You need to educate yourself on The Phenomenon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rudeboy Detective posted:

You need to educate yourself on The Phenomenon.

Im trying