Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I mean, it didn’t. It was arguably oppressive at lower ranks, but its winrate dips as you climb the ladder and quite a few decks beat it. I basically farmed Hunters during my legend climb this month with Pure Paladin, a deck containing one (1) new card.

And it’s pretty clear that someone at Blizzard wants Control Warrior to be a real deck again, probably so people will stop tweeting at them about it. I’ve never seen them so invested in trying to make fetch happen. And for Control Warrior, of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Oppressive at lower ranks basically guarantees a deck getting nerfed. It's in Blizzards interest to nerf things in that band, I assume that's where most of their playerbase resides.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Hunter nerfs rule actually because every time they nerf the wildseed minions they have to fully refund the entire package of cards so that's 2 commons, 2 rares, 2 epics, and a legendary worth of dust if you had all the cards

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 30, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Last King posted:

absolutely murdered some hunter cards. someone on the team must have a real hard on for control / anti-fun.

getting your face smashed in by endless aggro Hunters is "fun" now?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I’m really not gonna shed tears for Hunter when they still have Titan Forged traps which leads great into a 0 mana 6/2 weapon. Especially when Hidden Meaning is essentially “summon a three drop with Charge”

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Faithful Companions not generating a 2nd minion from nothing is super important in terms of the deck's threat density, as well as the obvious not benefitting from doubled stats. Deck is probably dead. Shame Arcane Hunter only just now tipped into playable and eats a nerf immediately too.

Got a survey today that asked a whole bunch about how I valued packs/dust/gold/legendaries against each other and if i could 'trade in' things like card backs and hero skins for packs how many would it take.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I’m really not gonna shed tears for Hunter when they still have Titan Forged traps which leads great into a 0 mana 6/2 weapon. Especially when Hidden Meaning is essentially “summon a three drop with Charge”
Getting it to 0 mana (or even 2) is a huge outlier and if it gets that cheap it typically means it came out later than you wanted. It's super strong at 3-4 mana which is the average good result.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The Hunter nerfs rule actually because every time they nerf the wildseed minions they have to fully refund the entire package of cards so that's 2 commons, 2 rares, 2 epics, and a legendary worth of dust if you had all the cards

Yeah but it's a net-zero after the first disenchant, unless you got very lucky in your standard pack openings in the meantime.
I disenchanted and recrafted them like twice already, I wonder if this nerf will take it far enough to leave them dusted, but probably not.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Elysium posted:

Only tiers 1-4 is a weird one. Especially when you have some minion types that have key combo pieces in 4 and others that need 5 or 6. Like Beast has Banana Slamma and Rattler but mechs have, uh, the 5 damage guy, I guess?

I did it's opposite where tiers 3-6 are available. It makes demons hilarious

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

getting your face smashed in by endless aggro Hunters is "fun" now?

and having to deal with 20+ min. deadass games where players do nothing but discover endless removals until my deck is empty is supposed to be "fun"? i'd rather play five or six matches in a sitting instead of having to slog through one? two? matches against these awful blood dks, priests, etc. roping their entire turn to only pull out yet another board clear. faster games are fun. faster games are better, punishing those extremely greedy decks that prolly shouldn't exist in the first place.

every time a new expansion comes out, they kill the interesting decks and we're left with ones filled with nerf bats instead where it turns into a complete snooze fest. hunter might've been bad, esp. at lower ranks, but it wasn't nearly as bad some other situations. oh yea, and don't forget to nerf shaman. again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
back when I last played I had a ton of plugins in hearthstone deck tracker, but poking around currently makes it seem like many of them haven't been updated in years and have stopped working. is there a better place than github to look for them, or is it a mostly abandoned HDT feature?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finally, triple blood is back!!!

This deck must be destroyed and the earth salted and made desert.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Last King posted:

and having to deal with 20+ min. deadass games where players do nothing but discover endless removals until my deck is empty is supposed to be "fun"? i'd rather play five or six matches in a sitting instead of having to slog through one? two? matches against these awful blood dks, priests, etc. roping their entire turn to only pull out yet another board clear. faster games are fun. faster games are better, punishing those extremely greedy decks that prolly shouldn't exist in the first place.

every time a new expansion comes out, they kill the interesting decks and we're left with ones filled with nerf bats instead where it turns into a complete snooze fest. hunter might've been bad, esp. at lower ranks, but it wasn't nearly as bad some other situations. oh yea, and don't forget to nerf shaman. again.

Wait are we also supposed to shed tears for the “deal 47 damage from hand on turn 6” deck as well because lmao

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I never understand why Priest gets the hate for a deck that Warlock perfected. Warlock has had removal.deck for at least four years running, and nobody bitches about it. The only difference is that Blizzard hates Priest too so it’s not allowed to have actual wincons (except Quest Priest, which was still *barely* a wincon that required you to survive the opponent’s entire deck anyway).

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 31, 2023

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wait are we also supposed to shed tears for the “deal 47 damage from hand on turn 6” deck as well because lmao

That's half of the decks in the format lmao

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Last King posted:

Control Priest has been trash for years aside from countering some very specific decks. Also Blood DK has been like tier 3 its entire existence aside from right after rotation when it was immediately nerfed. Have you tried not being bad?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

That's half of the decks in the format lmao

this guy gets it - it's ok for some but not others!

Sinistral posted:

Control Priest has been trash for years aside from countering some very specific decks. Also Blood DK has been like tier 3 its entire existence aside from right after rotation when it was immediately nerfed. Have you tried not being bad?

not about being bad, it's about time being wasted. even if i won, it's not fun and my evening is gone. wasn't that long ago that you'd queue into endless dks but sure please keep those rose tinted glasses on.

Boatswain posted:

This deck must be destroyed and the earth salted and made desert.

indeed, blood dk was an awful mistake that makes priest look decent in comparison.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Last King posted:

this guy gets it - it's ok for some but not others!

not about being bad, it's about time being wasted. even if i won, it's not fun and my evening is gone. wasn't that long ago that you'd queue into endless dks but sure please keep those rose tinted glasses on.

indeed, blood dk was an awful mistake that makes priest look decent in comparison.

except you are both wrong, the only decks that pump out similar damage from hand right now are Rainbow Mage, which needs a 6 drop to actually enable it (plus you have to fuel Sif), and Armor Warrior which needs an 8 drop to go online. Before the Shaman nerf, they could combo you from an empty board to death on 6.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Pure Pally with the 7777 Package - Titan, Anachronos, Countess, Leviathan - is amazing now. It can be an aggro deck if you pull Crusader Aura early and have a board of scrubs, but if that gets stopped, you can either reload the board quickly, or hopefully you’ve pulled one of the Big Threats and can finish them off. Turn 7 Titan Draw 2 for 2/2/2 into Countess is brutal and wonderful. Protects your board too.

I had been stuck around Plat 8 all month with no more star bonus, trying out Plague DK, Hunter, etc. Switched PP and rattled off a massive win streak to hit Diamond 8. Hoping to hit Dad Legend by the end of the month, and may actually try to push for Legend next month.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Nybble posted:

Pure Pally with the 7777 Package - Titan, Anachronos, Countess, Leviathan - is amazing now. It can be an aggro deck if you pull Crusader Aura early and have a board of scrubs, but if that gets stopped, you can either reload the board quickly, or hopefully you’ve pulled one of the Big Threats and can finish them off. Turn 7 Titan Draw 2 for 2/2/2 into Countess is brutal and wonderful. Protects your board too.

I had been stuck around Plat 8 all month with no more star bonus, trying out Plague DK, Hunter, etc. Switched PP and rattled off a massive win streak to hit Diamond 8. Hoping to hit Dad Legend by the end of the month, and may actually try to push for Legend next month.

End of the month is today!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bwahaha, hit legend today with rainbow mage. deck's good. only warrior, druid, and priest remain

Last King posted:

fun is an objective quality

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I don't really get the new wild packs. I opened 10 of them because I figured I might as well roll for the guaranteed legendary, but then I got a bunch of cards I thought I already had (like C'thuns Chosen and Blackwing Corruptors) but I didn't get any additional copies? I could've sworn that I even had the old Anub'arak before I opened the new one, but there's no way for me to confirm/deny that now.

Another point of frustration for me is that I would've liked to throw something like 50 bucks at them for 50 caverns of time packs and a guaranteed legendary or two, but the shop offers are a complete and utter joke.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 31, 2023

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The new set is super weird in the way it’s constructed. There’s a ton of reprints, but the reprints count separately from the original “printing” of the card? For some reason?

It seems to work the same way as the Core Set, where your “real” copy of a card is separate from the temporary Core version they loan you for the year, but considering these cards all require resources to get, I don’t think that system was a good idea to repurpose for this product. They probably should have used the Standard pack technology instead, where a bunch of eligible cards are in the pool together, but it’s still only one card.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Last King posted:

if I'm going to spend a set amount of time playing I'd much rather play a small number of different games than more games which are all the same, it's why I don't play aggro decks

there's no reason a long drawn-out game can't be fun (I hate people roping with a passion but it's not just control players who do it)

what isn't fun is losing with absolutely no chance of counterplay because your opponent drew all their best aggro cards by turn 4

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

bravesword posted:

The new set is super weird in the way it’s constructed. There’s a ton of reprints, but the reprints count separately from the original “printing” of the card? For some reason?

It seems to work the same way as the Core Set, where your “real” copy of a card is separate from the temporary Core version they loan you for the year, but considering these cards all require resources to get, I don’t think that system was a good idea to repurpose for this product. They probably should have used the Standard pack technology instead, where a bunch of eligible cards are in the pool together, but it’s still only one card.

Wait what? I thought if you had the old card still it got buffed and you also had the usual dupe protection

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

goferchan posted:

Wait what? I thought if you had the old card still it got buffed and you also had the usual dupe protection

Both are true, but if you do open duplicates (easy to do since there are only a handful of new commons), it counts as a separate card. It results in weird situations if you have one copy of a card from its original printing and one from the new set, as they’ll take up separate slots on a decklist instead of being grouped together.

It’s not nonfunctional or anything, it’s just weird. Like, why do it like that?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, but the same reason why they decided to make a separate battlepass and skins for bgs, etc... they want more money. having people buy the new packs for each new expansion and mini set wasn't enough, they needed another way to extract more from people hence, yet another separate pack.

i was afraid they were gonna do something silly with these, and it sounds like it's as bad as expected. sounds like a more economical way is just crafting the better new cards needed, even if that means dusting some other cards that likely won't see play.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Last King posted:

i was afraid they were gonna do something silly with these, and it sounds like it's as bad as expected. sounds like a more economical way is just crafting the better new cards needed, even if that means dusting some other cards that likely won't see play.

From that response it sounds like dupe protection works as expected and your original copies of the cards are buffed. It's just UI weirdness

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That said I assumed there would be some kind of deal at least equivalent to the preorder bundles for the Cavern set but it doesn't seem like it. Don't know if I'll dip in, feels like it would have been more enticing as a mini set or something instead

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

goferchan posted:

That said I assumed there would be some kind of deal at least equivalent to the preorder bundles for the Cavern set but it doesn't seem like it. Don't know if I'll dip in, feels like it would have been more enticing as a mini set or something instead

I was able to complete the set with just the new "Wild Bundle" with 25 packs and two random legendaries and dusting all my commons and rares from Uldum. So it really only cost me $19.99, like a mini set. I definitely bought a Wild pack with gold first before I changed buying the bundle, though - got Al-Akir in that pack, so I figured I didn't need to buy the specific expansion packs.

It's really lovely that they didn't even bother to put in a collection reward unlock for completion of their "first" Wild expansion.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Dunno which image hosting provider I should be using, so just imagine I posted a screenshot from my game earlier where I got hit for 36 by Recurring Nightmare * Brann’s Wife(?)… only for that player to go out in sixth. I eventually got my own RN * Brann’s Wife(?) in order to defeat the final player with a 54 damage hit. I’m shocked there was no achievement for a hit that big.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Would you enjoy turn 3 wins? Do you want to grind Wild Legend fast? Have fun before this gets nerfed:

### Discard Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (2) Chamber of Viscidus
# 1x (2) Clutchmother Zavas
# 2x (2) Darkshire Librarian
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Tiny Knight of Evil
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Silverware Golem
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (4) Fist of Jaraxxus
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
AAEBAcn1AgKUxwKPggMOzgfEFNkVr6wC1LMCvLYC/aQDurYD1dED0OEDmJIFq5IF86EG9qEGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Desert Bus posted:

Would you enjoy turn 3 wins? Do you want to grind Wild Legend fast? Have fun before this gets nerfed:

This is really fun. Shot in to Gold 10 very quick. Loses to any deck that can heal and remove, but at least it’s over very quick, win or lose.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nybble posted:

Dunno which image hosting provider I should be using, so just imagine I posted a screenshot from my game earlier where I got hit for 36 by Recurring Nightmare * Brann’s Wife(?)… only for that player to go out in sixth. I eventually got my own RN * Brann’s Wife(?) in order to defeat the final player with a 54 damage hit. I’m shocked there was no achievement for a hit that big.

niece, emperor thaurissan’s wife :goonsay:

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I guess Jade Lotus is far and away the most popular Gadgetzan family. I’ve seen nothing but Druid, Shamans, and Rogues in Twist so far (including myself).

Speaking of Twist, Blizzard announced today that Caverns of Time would be in at least the next three Twist formats, so file that away when considering whether to invest, I guess.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

### Discard Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Lol I never play Wild but I crafted this. I did 19 damage by turn 2

edit: I emptied my deck and took fatigue damage on turn 5

goferchan fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 2, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

### Discard Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
#

nice... desert bus keeping it real and good for the rest of us goons.

also holy hell, the pricing on these hs bundles in 2023...

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
any twist brews yet? i'm so out of touch i don't even know where I'd look for them these days

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Desert Bus posted:

### Discard Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
# 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
# 2x (3) Dark Bargain
# 2x (3) Walking Dead
# 2x (5) Soul Barrage
#
#

That's one hell of a Turn 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

flatluigi posted:

any twist brews yet? i'm so out of touch i don't even know where I'd look for them these days

The thing I actually like the most about twist is that the meta isn't solved yet (and is also being solved comparatively slowly because it's not as popular?) So you can just go and have fun with a homebrew c'thun or jade or whatever deck.

In a day or two the first decks should be cropping up here once there's enough data: https://www.d0nkey.top/decks?format=4&rank=all

edit: did some digging after playing a few games and with the first decks hitting legend and decklists appearing, I think the casual fun is almost over. hooray, we're back to a dumb solved boring bullshit netdeck aggro meta.

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/best-twist-season-1-wonders-decks-legend-decks-for-the-new-hearthstone-game-mode/

Oenis fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 2, 2023