Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endless Mike posted:

And y'all called me crazy for bring this up.

It still happens for me. :(

I complained about it earlier, but it’s so intermittent that I’m going to have to figure out how to capture a crash dump of a dev build on my iPad rather than :justpost:ing in a simulator until it happens.

If Pokeyman surfaces and can dump some of my crash reports about posting, that might help too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
This is what I think of when I hear smilie keyboard, but even texting to myself all I can do is copy oversized images into the message lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObLCxtPe7A

I feel like there used to be an actual SA keyboard app where you could use them just like emoji without this copying thing, but maybe not, I can't find it in the App Store lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 17, 2023

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Commie Kong or whoever, do you have access to the symbolicated versions of the beta builds? I wonder if we could just stop stripping those builds to make it easier for non-Pokeyfolk to do work on crashes. (I also see a number of excessive-wakeup reports for Awful as well, which might point to a resource-consumption issue?)

Tectonic
Feb 21, 2007

tec
It looks like that smiley keyboard needs a full rewrite anyway, I'd kill it off.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
how hard it would be to add a way to look at user avatar history, there's a chrome extension that does it on my PC browser but it would be nifty to be able to do it from the app too!

Just gotta get the user ID and throw it to the site https://goons.neocities.org/

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think it is actually helpful that the smilie keyboard has a spare copy of each smilie for redundancy.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol i had no idea there was an SA keyboard you could enable elsewhere. i think it's fine for that to go away. i always just use safari to pull up the actual web page when i want to find a smiley i don't remember the code for

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

withak posted:

I think it is actually helpful that the smilie keyboard has a spare copy of each smilie for redundancy.

One spare copy? I should be so lucky.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I am jealous of your wealth of smiley riches.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I’m jealous your duplicates all show up together and not scattered with no semblance of order

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was looking for an Elon Musk smilie to show my irritation that TwitterX embeds don't work anymore and my smilies keyboard literally shuffles around after initially loading up after a second to show multiples.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

elongated muskrat FTL am i right my fellow poster.s

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Am I the only one getting url shortcode when I try to do img? I can upload nor embed any more.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gbut posted:

Am I the only one getting url shortcode when I try to do img? I can upload nor embed any more.

See the thread title

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

MarcusSA posted:

See the thread title

Oh, lol. Missed that.

I thought the image upload used SA upload, but I guess not.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gbut posted:

Oh, lol. Missed that.

I thought the image upload used SA upload, but I guess not.

Yeah I guess that’s a work in progress?

I’d just use the ios shortcut at this point

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

apologies if this is the wrong place for suggestions, but it would be nice to be able to filter the bookmarks tab like Apple Music or Spotify lists so you can enter a couple letters from the thread title you want to find easily. Maybe a “light” pulldown causes the filter field to appear, and a hard pulldown refreshes the tab?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Incremus posted:

apologies if this is the wrong place for suggestions, but it would be nice to be able to filter the bookmarks tab like Apple Music or Spotify lists so you can enter a couple letters from the thread title you want to find easily. Maybe a “light” pulldown causes the filter field to appear, and a hard pulldown refreshes the tab?

Yeah or maybe sort them by sub forum at the very least.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think if we do that we might need to move to explicit pagination, or it will be weird as you scroll down maybe zero rows to pull the next set.

(Finally got my developer program account set up, apparently it was somehow still tied to a previous job in a way that broke things.)

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I guess that’s a work in progress?

I’d just use the ios shortcut at this point

image upload on the forums is also a work in progress. currently attachment images are stored in the database. i wouldn't expect image attachment in this unofficial app until image uploads are sorted forums-side.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Does anyone else have issues with embedded YouTube’s? I can play about 3 seconds of a video then it sits and loads for the next few minutes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Demon_Corsair posted:

Does anyone else have issues with embedded YouTube’s? I can play about 3 seconds of a video then it sits and loads for the next few minutes.

Yes. Tap and hold and an option pops up to view it in the actual YouTube app

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Demon_Corsair posted:

Yes but only on my iPad. It’s fine on the phone

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Does anyone have a file explorer app they’re fond of? Files is decent but apparently uses a version of SMB that is laughably out of date among other assorted issues.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All versions of Super Mario Brothers are classics, how dare you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Warbird posted:

Does anyone have a file explorer app they’re fond of? Files is decent but apparently uses a version of SMB that is laughably out of date among other assorted issues.

FileBrowser Pro, but nothing is going to change the built in iOS SMB support I don’t think

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Warbird posted:

Guessing you meant to post in the iOS thread not the Awful App thread.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

commie kong posted:

How many people would scream if the smiley keyboard (i.e. the additional keyboard in iOS Settings that lets you use sa smileys in other apps) disappeared?

Do people use that? Because it's one of the things that makes replacing the smiley picker difficult. And I'd find creating something new easier than updating the current one

For me the smiley keyboard has had doubled entries for years and that rendered it kinda lovely and useless so my vote would be to have at it for a replacement.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Double posting to note a formatting issue I have no idea if this is on the books already or not:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039477&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=120#post534358486

Warbird
May 23, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Guessing you meant to post in the iOS thread not the Awful App thread.

Whoops, you’d be correct.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the yeti posted:

For me the smiley keyboard has had doubled entries for years and that rendered it kinda lovely and useless so my vote would be to have at it for a replacement.

:same: the current picker is unusable and anything to fix it is welcome

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

the yeti posted:

Midjack posted:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Midjack posted:

:yossame:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the yeti posted:

Double posting to note a formatting issue I have no idea if this is on the books already or not:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039477&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=120#post534358486

Every time I run into [pre] my text shrinks a lot.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this is an SA thing and not an app thing and it would make very little sense for either to change now. but i always wish mark as last read was instead mark as first unread. well, bye.

edit it is slightly more relevant in the app because every time i forget and click on a thread i can't pick back up right now, i have to load previous posts and find my way back there to get the unread back where it was before

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
But you have to scroll past the post to mark it, so the current behavior seems more intuitive to me, no?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Midjack posted:

Been saying this

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Badly Jester posted:

But you have to scroll past the post to mark it, so the current behavior seems more intuitive to me, no?

not sure what you mean. if i click on a thread, the first post i see is one i haven't marked read yet. if i realize it has a big rear end video i can't watch right now i want to return it to unread so i can see it later. to do that, i have to load previous posts and then locate the post right above the one that initially loaded first, and mark THAT post as my last read. so to get back where i was before i need to load more posts and scroll
to the right spot.

if it marked as first *unread* instead i could just do that on the post i can't fully consume yet, and go back to the index.

doesn't matter since i don't imagine it will change

edit: oh if you're saying you have to have the post visible in your field of view and thus it only makes sense to say it is read, then i disagree. lmfao

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

b_d posted:

not sure what you mean. if i click on a thread, the first post i see is one i haven't marked read yet. if i realize it has a big rear end video i can't watch right now i want to return it to unread so i can see it later. to do that, i have to load previous posts and then locate the post right above the one that initially loaded first, and mark THAT post as my last read. so to get back where i was before i need to load more posts and scroll
to the right spot.

if it marked as first *unread* instead i could just do that on the post i can't fully consume yet, and go back to the index.

doesn't matter since i don't imagine it will change

edit: oh if you're saying you have to have the post visible in your field of view and thus it only makes sense to say it is read, then i disagree. lmfao

I agree with all of this, I’ve been meaning to ask if it could be changed but always figured it would be too low priority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I get the argument for making that change, but I think the main argument against it is that making it work differently than the website would be weird and potentially confusing.