Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah the niners have like 28th in waiver order or some poo poo like that, they're only going to get players nobody wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm assuming they're just waiting on Nick Bosa's new pool? A place to dump all that cash before he gets extended?

Maybe the hold up is that the pool guy is busy replacing Kittle’s haunted pool and exterminating the darnold infestation

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I don’t know what the big hangup with ghosts would be. I’d demand a realtor show me all the houses with the largest amount of ghosts and ghouls and spectres and poltergeists. I’d throw haunted parties all the time and set up cameras that run on gas generators to continuously prove the existence of the afterlife. It’d be a streaming/financial bonanza.

What’s the worst that could happen? Oh no the ghost(s) have moved my kitchen table chairs two inches to the left! Oh no the ghost(s) are making thumping noises in a broom closet!

Big deal. A small price to pay for potential entertainment.

I’d occasionally play Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte really loud just to mess with them.

“If you don’t make me levitate to this song, then you ain’t poo poo!”

Get real antagonistic with the ghosts to put them in their place. Force them to acknowledge their pathetic limitations.

“What’s the matter? Going into the light was too good for you? Now you’re gonna sit there and watch me put together this IKEA bookshelf. Smooth move, ex-lax.”

Gonz fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 30, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

Bell flashed some brilliant play, albeit against other teams' #2s and 3s, I'm excited to see what he can do. I thought maybe Willie Snead would grab the last WR spot, because of his experience. And yeah I've got trepidations about our kicker situation.

If Bell can catch the goddamn ball he'll be great, every time I watched him it took like 3 guys to tackle him.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

I don’t know what the big hangup with ghosts would be. I’d demand a realtor show me all the houses with the largest amount of ghosts and ghouls and spectres and poltergeists. I’d throw haunted parties all the time and set up cameras that run on gas generators to continuously prove the existence of the afterlife. It’d be a streaming/financial bonanza.

What’s the worst that could happen? Oh no the ghost(s) have moved my kitchen table chairs two inches to the left! Oh no the ghost(s) are making thumping noises in a broom closet!

I’d occasionally play Jump In The Line by Harry Belafonte really loud just to mess with them.

Get real antagonistic with the ghosts to put them in their place. Force them to acknowledge their pathetic limitations.

“What’s the matter? Going into the light was too good for you? Now you’re gonna sit there and watch me put together this IKEA bookshelf. Smooth move, ex-lax.”

Interesting take.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gonz posted:

But what do the ghosts think about running the ball?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ghosts don't have feet and therefore cannot run.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’d imagine that ghosts are huge fans of the Air Raid offense.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kensei posted:

Has that ever happened before? Cause wow

I heard recently that the Rams' 2023 draft class was the largest in modern NFL history, so I'm going to say that it has never happened before.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Gonz posted:

Antagonistic nothing, this is attempting to deliberately cause a musical number. Poltergeists making the entire silverware drawer dance in time to Jump in the Line, an apron and kitchen gloves hovers up to dance with you, the works. Some rear end in a top hat's playing steeldrums on your pots and pans.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I thought seeing ghosts was more of a Darnold problem

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I heard recently that the Rams' 2023 draft class was the largest in modern NFL history, so I'm going to say that it has never happened before.

Yeah 14 is, a lot. Impressive work by the scouting arm to hit on that many dudes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chernabog posted:

Ghosts don't have feet and therefore cannot run.

Surprised Beacon Plumbing isn't in the ghost busting business.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kensei posted:

Yeah 14 is, a lot. Impressive work by the scouting arm to hit on that many dudes.

respectfully, I would argue that it remains to be seen whether they have in fact hit on that many dudes - their having made the final roster of this particular Los Angeles Rams is not a convincing metric

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

respectfully, I would argue that it remains to be seen whether they have in fact hit on that many dudes - their having made the final roster of this particular Los Angeles Rams is not a convincing metric

Yeah, especially when you see the list of who made. TEN of them were drafted in the 5/6/7 rounds

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SOSAR: Same Old Sorry rear end... Rookies?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Leperflesh posted:

Fair

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, especially when you see the list of who made. TEN of them were drafted in the 5/6/7 rounds

Heh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I figured out why the Rams kept all their rookies (not my picture)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I figured out why the Rams kept all their rookies (not my picture)

As an action item, I think the Rams management team should work to reduce the size of column C. It seems like it might be hindering their performance as an organization.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

100%.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Steve Young remembers.
https://twitter.com/SteveYoungQB/status/1697459348178395404

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Steve Young is a very smart man.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Steve Young is a very smart man.

He was always the greatest Niners QB and he didn’t cross the picket line like that turd Montana

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Leperflesh posted:

Steve Young remembers.

....does he though?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Benne posted:

....does he though?

Only the important things:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Van Jefferson is going to catch 3 touchdowns and the Rams will beat the Seahawks 38-10 week one

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Time to spend my week refreshing the Google search "Nick Bosa."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Loved the reddit rumor about how they're headed for divorce and a story came out the next day "deal happening soon!!" It's been like 9 days since that.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Give him whatever he wants you fools!

If it means not being able to re-sign Aiyuk next year so be it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

Give him whatever he wants you fools!

If it means not being able to re-sign Aiyuk next year so be it.
But Kyle's precious system needs weapons!

- some nerd

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'll take Aiyuk over Deebo if we have to make a choice

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Sean McVay and Christian McCaffrey make an appearance on Peyton & Eli Search for the Third ManningCast Host.

Jim Irsay portrays himself perfectly, and I'm pretty sure Pat McAfee is high as gently caress. There's a lot more players and celebrities on as well.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1699508619316805898?s=20

:woop:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bosa after sacking some QB: ha I get paid more than you.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Paying 15% of the cap to a DE is definitely a choice you can make.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DancingMachine posted:

Better to follow the Seahawks strategy of having no defensive ends worth paying and instead spending multiple first round picks on a Safety to blitz instead.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Defense wins championships!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
They can do it because they're paying league minimum to their QB the next two years

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DancingMachine posted:

When you're not paying a qb it makes a lot of sense if he's that good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

EmbryoSteve posted:

When you're not paying a qb it makes a lot of sense if he's that good actually

yeah that deal will be much more reasonable when it's time to extend Purdy or <pick>. if you don't have a QB yet you're free to reset the market at a position or two while you look