Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its probably going to be one of the best games of all time OP

it would have been - if not for wokeism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Its simple, just *pleasant jingle* Modd Howard

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its probably going to be one of the games of all time OP

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
DONTNOD has a new climbing botw/death stranding-like game coming out called JUSANT. it looks... good? somehow i missed the announcement i guess. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1977170/Jusant/ 'm interested
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256965783/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1692894914

it'll be free on game pass which is ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

DONTNOD has a new climbing botw/death stranding-like game coming out called JUSANT. it looks... good? somehow i missed the announcement i guess. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1977170/Jusant/ 'm interested
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256965783/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1692894914

it'll be free on game pass which is ftw

oooooo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is that the first Dont Nod game that isn't one of those Telltale-esque games with the funny dialogue? Looks cool though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DaysBefore posted:

Is that the first Dont Nod game that isn't one of those Telltale-esque games with the funny dialogue? Looks cool though

i think they made some action vampire game that no one liked? idk never played it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

i think they made some action vampire game that no one liked? idk never played it

Oh they made Vampyr. That looked cool imo but I never played it either

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm gonna make a Vampire game called DON'T GET SUCKED

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Vampire sucked me off???

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
This is the first I've seen any in-game footage of Starfield and the art direction is very sterile. Like, what if everything was NASA? The actual engine itself has a lot of graphical improvements, but there's just nothing worth looking at.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They also made Remember Me, which was kind of a cyberpunk third person action-adventure. Gameplay was a bit janky and rough but I liked the story.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Orb Crabmelt posted:

This is the first I've seen any in-game footage of Starfield and the art direction is very sterile. Like, what if everything was NASA? The actual engine itself has a lot of graphical improvements, but there's just nothing worth looking at.

They did describe the game as nasapunk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Orb Crabmelt posted:

op thats what spacel ooks like

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Orb Crabmelt posted:

That's literally what they said they were trying to do in the dev interviews lmao

Bethesda really knows how to nail a sterile uninspired aesthetic, any time, any setting

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I scrubbed around in the one video someone posted and there are some more interesting looking locations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you want an accurate spaceship game just get Cold Waters or some crunchy submarine game because that's what it is. Gimme stupid arcade poo poo every day of the week.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
confirmed all vertical catapaults in ac6 are STEAM. TRUMP!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Epic High Five posted:

If you want an accurate spaceship game just get Cold Waters or some crunchy submarine game because that's what it is. Gimme stupid arcade poo poo every day of the week.

this is children of a dead earth; interesting but not "fun"

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
well here’s hoping phantom liberty is worth playing because starfield looks generic as gently caress

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Oh they made Vampyr. That looked cool imo but I never played it either

I played an hour or two of it but dropped it due to (and I'm not making GBS threads you) the dialogue skip option.

It's an extremely dialogue heavy game. When you click the skip line button it doesn't just skip the on-screen line like every other game, but rather skips the entire rest of that character's lines. You never know if you're skipping one line or ten.

I cannot play a full length RPG where I have to listen to every second of the voice acted dialogue. I do not have time for that in my life anymore.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Skyrim was imo not fun as a game-game but 10/10 incredible in environment and vibes. If Bethesda has pivoted to being gameplay first that sounds to me like when BioWare pivoted to being an action GaaS company. but also every product success or failure prediction I make is wrong so this will therefore be the best game of all time.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

docbeard posted:

They also made Remember Me, which was kind of a cyberpunk third person action-adventure. Gameplay was a bit janky and rough but I liked the story.

the game kinda sucked but the setting was cool

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

the game kinda sucked but the setting was cool

Yeah, that's kind of how I remember (lol) it. I liked the setting and characters, and kind of just tolerated the fights and stuff.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The review embargo just lifted and the word being used most is "empty"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

space is empty

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
starfield most realistic video game of all time

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Grey Fox posted:

space is empty

they should've set it on Earth and made Earthfield, then

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does Elon musk like Star field

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

space is empty

it's part of the reason they usually just warp from one place to another in your treks, wars, etc. of the stars

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they should make you do cryosleep when you go through space, and every time you arrive and wake up it shows the same three minute cutscreen that's like the beginning of aliens

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

they should make you do cryosleep when you go through space, and every time you arrive and wake up it shows the same three minute cutscreen that's like the beginning of aliens

agree, and you should have a family that progressively ages while you've been gone that it keeps tabs on and will send you updates like "Your great-great-great-grandchild graduated from Space Harvard today"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

op thats what spacel ooks like

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

loquacius posted:

Elden Ring would have been fully chill if you could pause. Still don't get the pause thing

Other than that, most of the time I spent playing it was much less stressful than when I played, say, Pizza Tower (I liked Pizza Tower)

You can actually, if you open the tutorials menu it pauses lol

God drat armored core 6 is so loving good. I beat NG and now am motoring through NG+ with this chicken mech based on a chicken battery farm I made in coop Minecraft. Just the type of evil corporation to exist in ACs grimdark future

He's so god drat OP, I love being a cheap little poo poo in games that were formerly hard. I was worried balteus would give me trouble again and I killed him in about 25 seconds, one shot seaspider and that annoying 3-1 airship mission too.

It was especially fun in the NG+(?) mission where the rebels send you after some high tech supercops in fancy new mechs and I killed the big mech in about 5 seconds while he went "just an AC... What??" as a chicken zoomed around him on wheels.

Surely this will continue forever

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Starfield Realism Mod - Relativistic speeds ONLY, leave your game on for 200 years between star systems and build your perfect regressive might-makes-right cult society

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

agree, and you should have a family that progressively ages while you've been gone that it keeps tabs on and will send you updates like "Your great-great-great-grandchild graduated from Space Harvard today"

sounds like a clear case of space nepotism, but what can you do

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Koirhor posted:

well here’s hoping phantom liberty is worth playing because starfield looks generic as gently caress

its the best game of all time op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

how could i forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Starfield Realism Mod - Relativistic speeds ONLY, leave your game on for 200 years between star systems and build your perfect regressive might-makes-right cult society

there was some story about elite dangerous a few years ago where some brave commander wanted to go as far outside of the galaxy as they could, so they jumped to the most remote system or w/e and then just went full throttle "away" from the galaxy at relativistic speed and let the game run for a really long time

the ship got so far that like the math numbers started making the game freak out and get buggy and ship eventually ran out of gas, and i think that group of people that roleplays space-AAA mounted some big expedition to go save them

i am fairly sure this happened and my brain didn't invent it. i think