Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i am pumped for talking flowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm fine with the talking flowers. I'm just glad that this looks like a big change up from typical NSMB games which were basically the same game over and over. What we really need is SMB3dW2.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I hate when games are fun. Where is the 5v5 Mario moba where I can have a twelve year old Eastern European child scream racial slurs at me?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm fine with talking characters, just don't do that "Press A for me to repeat everything" bit again. Stupid owl.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Playing Mario Kart docked on a huge TV screen is the best house-sitting activity, and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I hate when games are fun. Where is the 5v5 Mario moba where I can have a twelve year old Eastern European child scream racial slurs at me?

Super Mario Bros. 35 shut down on April 1, 2021. :smug:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Read After Burning posted:

Playing Mario Kart docked on a huge TV screen is the best house-sitting activity, and you cannot convince me otherwise.

I hang up a 10' projector screen outside on my deck and have people over for Mario Kart and Smash brothers. It's always a blast.

Also I'm livid that they shut down that game.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Mr.Acula posted:

Just getting to watch the direct now, is that Smooth Mcgroove im hearing?

https://twitter.com/SmoothMcGroove/status/1671592191632842762

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’ll bring it back for the 40th anniversary on the Switch 2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

External Organs posted:

Love that they are combining Mario with a system from Hollow Knight

Technically it originated in Paper Mario.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I will play the Mario game. And I will play as Yoshi. Don't care if he's the easy mode character. I will never not play as Yoshi. Heck I'd be down for making the game less frustrating.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Super-NintendoUser posted:

I hang up a 10' projector screen outside on my deck and have people over for Mario Kart and Smash brothers. It's always a blast.

Also I'm livid that they shut down that game.

Username checks out

also this sounds rad

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, do we know if the playable version of Yoshi can eat enemies or is it just the rideable one?

Also what’s Daisy’s special ability? A double jump line in the mobile game?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Silver Falcon posted:

I will play the Mario game. And I will play as Yoshi. Don't care if he's the easy mode character. I will never not play as Yoshi. Heck I'd be down for making the game less frustrating.

You won't even get to use power ups lol

Larryb posted:

Daisy plays the same as Mario

Her special ability is sass

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

maybealabia posted:

Can Yoshi and Nabbit not use badges either?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Unknown but you probably can't even earn some of them with Yoshi

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, do we know if the playable version of Yoshi can eat enemies or is it just the rideable one?

They made a point to say all characters play the same, so I'm interpreting that as no special moves, Luigi doesn't control like he buttered his shoes, no floating for peach, etc.

However in the multiplayer section, they say you can ride another player's yoshi...during that moment, the yoshi being ridden is sticking out his tongue, but the rider one isn't. :shrug:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I wonder if there are regular NPC ridable Yoshis in any levels

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They made a point to say all characters play the same, so I'm interpreting that as no special moves, Luigi doesn't control like he buttered his shoes, no floating for peach, etc.

However in the multiplayer section, they say you can ride another player's yoshi...during that moment, the yoshi being ridden is sticking out his tongue, but the rider one isn't. :shrug:

Ah, I know they mentioned Yoshi having his flutter jump so I wasn’t sure if any of the other characters had personal abilities as well (though I could have sworn there was footage in the first trailer of Peach floating but I could be remembering wrong)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 31, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But if Luigi can't jump high, how can it be nothing BUT Luigi, yo?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It's a blink and you miss it thing, but when they show that off both yoshis stick their tongue out separately. It looks like each player can do it independently.

Larryb posted:

They used Nabbit to show off one of the badges, so since they didn't say otherwise I'm assuming they're all compatible.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In any case, this is Daisy’s first playable appearance in a standard Mario platformer so that’s nice at least (now we just need to finally break Waluigi out of spinoff jail)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

maybealabia posted:

Did I stutter? :colbert:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Read After Burning posted:

It was great and I hope they do a Super Mario. Bros 2 35 in October with zero fanfare.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Larryb posted:

In any case, this is Daisy’s first playable appearance in a standard Mario platformer so that’s nice at least (now we just need to finally break Waluigi out of spinoff jail)

Secret boss in Wonder, Luigi eats a Wonder Flower.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, they should make another Wario platforming game (we haven’t had one since the Wii)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Wario Maker

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Wario Snap. :getin:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Waluigi Odderssey

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Snake Maze posted:

It's a blink and you miss it thing, but when they show that off both yoshis stick their tongue out separately. It looks like each player can do it independently.

I went back and checked, and yeah, you're right! Good to know

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Breath of the Waagh!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

can't wait for the level when Mario's head falls off the instant you begin it

Fake joycon drift
Kaizo block into a pit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Waluigi Pinball

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffle! posted:

Breath of the Waagh!
That sounds less like a BOTW/Wario Land crossover and more like a BOTW/WH40K* crossover.

*Does not actually know anything of substance about WH40K

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That looked fine, haven't really been able to get into the nsmb games even though I've bought and played a few so I'll prob skip it but I'm glad they're injecting much needed personality and wacky drug stuff into what is usually a really bland recipe

I'm personally much more hyped for a brand new og entry in the wario ware series it's gonna be great. Imagine if it tops twisted and takes the crown as the best wario ware yet???

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Already happened, was called Warioware D.I.Y.

This does not mean that they shouldn't make another. Because they should.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

Wario Waker. Cel shaded ocean exploration.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds weird to me, don’t like it

https://twitter.com/SuperMarioOOC85/status/1697370634660069802?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Where'd they get the footage?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nobody will ever be able to do "Its a me!" as well as Martinet but otherwise its pretty good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah sounds pretty good if you ask me.