Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Larryb posted:

L
Edit: I forgot him being a Kryptonian supercomputer was purely an invention of STAS (though I wouldn’t be surprised if they do something similar here)

Morrison considers that the best version of Brainiac, and I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

Morrison considers that the best version of Brainiac, and I agree.

Same, it makes him have more of a personal connection to Clark (which works especially well in this series that seems to be painting the people of Krypton as ruthless invaders, though I assume it’s not quite as clear cut as that).

Curious if we’ll see him this season though since I believe there’s only 4 episodes left at this point

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Goddamn what an episode.

Slade gets his signature eye patch. It was interesting to see why Waller was taking orders from Lane and now she has became the Wall. I"m curious why they needed to have Jimmy look at the ball as he never had
doubts Supes was his buddy so.. yeah. I like the little tidbits like Alex rolling his eyes over at the speech (yeah you are so loving Lex luther with that ego). I did not expect Ivo to actually cry. Course could be crying that he lost or crying how far of a monster he has become. This series is seemingly trying to make the villans not too one dimension. (Granted Livewire is still kinda is)

Going by the preview for the next episode I think it's going to lead to Jimmy arguing with Lois about whether to show it to Clark or not.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So sad news relevant to this thread, Arleen Sorkin has passed away.

https://twitter.com/NeKap/status/1695523728010994081

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
First Conroy now her.

We need to protect Mark Hamill and Clancy Brown at all costs

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
noooooo :(

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m watching the first episode of My Adventures with Superman, and I don’t know why this bothers me, but Lois’ alarm clock clearly has a digital display, but when the time flips over it makes a clack sound like a 70s flip clock.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ugh. This hits hard, just like Conroy. I like the Harley show (though this season kinda sucks) and I love Margot Robbie’s interpretation, but Arleen will always be my Harley. RIP. :(

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

I’m watching the first episode of My Adventures with Superman, and I don’t know why this bothers me, but Lois’ alarm clock clearly has a digital display, but when the time flips over it makes a clack sound like a 70s flip clock.

If you think that's nitpicking, check this out:

These are both from the same episode, minutes apart. Clark is somehow both wearing a t-shirt and his costume right under his dress shirt.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I mean not only does he have super speed but he's an established Magical Girl, so he can get suited whenever.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Suleman posted:

These are both from the same episode, minutes apart. Clark is somehow both wearing a t-shirt and his costume right under his dress shirt.

Isn’t that just par for the course as far as most adaptations of Clark go?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Suleman posted:

He might have it under his undershirt. But now I’m bothered by the question of whether he’s unbuttoning his shirt before he pulls it open, or if he just sews the buttons back on every night.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Canadians: are there any of you watching this without downloading it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lobok posted:

Canadians: are there any of you watching this without downloading it?

Does Adult Swim’s website not work in Canada or something?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Larryb posted:

Does Adult Swim’s website not work in Canada or something?

American stuff doesn't work for Canadians, except when it does

Although I did decide to check again through my VPN since that first week and it partially works for Americans now. Seems they block the latest few episodes and episode 2 unless you sign in through an American cable company. When I originally saw the blocked second episode I figured they'd block them all except the first (hook people I guess) but weirdly no.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lobok posted:

American stuff doesn't work for Canadians, except when it does

Although I did decide to check again through my VPN since that first week and it partially works for Americans now. Seems they block the latest few episodes and episode 2 unless you sign in through an American cable company. When I originally saw the blocked second episode I figured they'd block them all except the first (hook people I guess) but weirdly no.

Ah, that sucks then

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is it not on Max in Canada? I don't blame anyone for not wanting to subscribe to a new service to watch one cartoon, but they have the majority of the Diniverse on there and the Harley Quinn cartoon.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I can confirm it is on Crave up here in Canada
As well as Harley Quinn

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

bunnyofdoom posted:

First Conroy now her.

We need to protect Mark Hamill and Clancy Brown at all costs

No. First, it was Dwayne McDuffie. Then, it was Elfrem Zimbalist Jr. THEN, it was Kevin Conroy. :(

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AlternateNu posted:

No. First, it was Dwayne McDuffie. Then, it was Elfrem Zimbalist Jr. THEN, it was Kevin Conroy. :(

We've also lost Brock Peters (Lucius Fox), Bob Hastings (Commissioner Gordon), David Warner (Ra's al Ghul), Michael Ansara (Mr. Freeze), Ed Asner (Daggett), John Vernon (Rupert Thorne), Aron Kincaid (Killer Croc), Roddy McDowall (Mad Hatter), Henry Polic (the first Scarecrow) and I'm sure plenty of others from BTAS.

And, of course, Adam West.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Goddamn. I didn't realize we've lost so many. Also, I didn't know Ed Asner voiced Roland Daggett. :psyduck:

I am mad at myself for not remembering David Warner, though. :(

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Don't forget Darwyn Cooke on the production side of things.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

I can confirm it is on Crave up here in Canada
As well as Harley Quinn

Is that because you have Stack TV as an additional subscription layered on top?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lobok posted:

Is that because you have Stack TV as an additional subscription layered on top?

Nope. We may have the HBO max on it tho because it's my parents account I am borrowing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Finally going through MAW Superman and I'm pleasantly surprised how anime it actually is. I knew about the magical girl transformation from the previews but they went whole hog with the designs, animation styles, title sequence, etc. Loved the soft filter look of the romantic scenes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah it's a really solid show all around. How many episodes are we getting? I think my favorite part is the ending sequence of Jimmy walking.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah it's a really solid show all around. How many episodes are we getting? I think my favorite part is the ending sequence of Jimmy walking.

Two 13 episode seasons have been confirmed so far with the possibility of more depending on how well the show does

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
err it's actually 10 for season one.

So that was p much the finale of Season one but hell of a loving banger

First of. JIMMY's rich. HOT drat. I was expecting that he had to cancel his Firebird persona period but the fact he got a deal is pretty drat nice. Also even if it's an obvious reveal, yeah General Lane is Lois dad and boy was that Thanksgiving hella awkward. Interesting that the ship immediately triggers when the Kyrpotnite is felt, so it's defintely a defense mechanism. I"m curious what the realtionship betwen Braniac and Kryptonians are. Also I r Really love the design of Braniac. .

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 1, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shindragon posted:

First of. JIMMY's rich. HOT drat. I was expecting that he had to cancel his Firebird persona period but the fact he got a deal is pretty drat nice. Also even if it's an obvious reveal, yeah General Lane is Lois dad and boy was that Thanksgiving hella awkward. Interesting that the ship immediately triggers when the Kyrpotnite is felt, so it's defintely a defense mechanism. I"m curious what the realtionship betwen Braniac and Kryptonians are. Also I r Really love the design of Braniac. .

Oh, I thought I heard 13 in the TVIV thread. Nevermind then.

But yeah, good finale and I hope we won’t have too long a wait until Season 2

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Shindragon posted:

The Braniac reveal was great, I was wondering if maybe that was one of Darkseid's generals he was talking to at the end. Great first season, tons of heart, and a fresh take on some classic Superman moments, can't wait for S2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't understand how the Jor-El hologram would know what Kryptonite was. It didn't exist until Krypton blew up in pretty much every other version of Superman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't understand how the Jor-El hologram would know what Kryptonite was. It didn't exist until Krypton blew up in pretty much every other version of Superman

That isn't accurate. Several versions of the story have part of Krypton's demise being that the land itself is literally becoming toxic to the people living there.

In fact I think the post-crisis origin was specifically was "A doomsday cult detonated a bomb that stared to turn Krypton deadly, Jor-El first started investigating it due to people seemingly randomly dying, whoops he discovered the core was about to go critical."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 1, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly, since it was framed as Lois' show and her life with superman i was kinda hoping it would be...more about lois and her getting to do journo stuff instead of just being go mode on world ending superman poo poo the entire season, but i did enjoy what we got

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

honestly, since it was framed as Lois' show and her life with superman i was kinda hoping it would be...more about lois and her getting to do journo stuff instead of just being go mode on world ending superman poo poo the entire season, but i did enjoy what we got

Yeah, I kind of expected that too considering the title but what we did get wasn’t bad at all in my opinion.

Seems they’re currently expecting Season 2 to start up early next year:

https://thedirect.com/article/my-adventures-with-superman-season-2-release

I hope the show does well enough that there’s a lot more where that came from too

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 1, 2023

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Sneeing Emu posted:

The Braniac reveal was great, I was wondering if maybe that was one of Darkseid's generals he was talking to at the end. Great first season, tons of heart, and a fresh take on some classic Superman moments, can't wait for S2.

Considering he says "they will kneel" I'm guessing that's Zod.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, X-Men ‘97 has been delayed until next year (also it’ll be 3D animated):

https://twitter.com/CanWeGetToast/status/1697743758425825643

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

In other news, X-Men ‘97 has been delayed until next year (also it’ll be 3D animated):

https://twitter.com/CanWeGetToast/status/1697743758425825643

Do they have a source other than themselves?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Hollywood Reporter mentioned the delay yesterday along with a bunch of other MCU filler, but the show being CG seems to start from that random twitter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/marvel-tv-show-release-dates-1235580093/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, hopefully that’s not the case as it’d kind of defeat the point of this being a revival of the 90’s series

Though to be fair, not even the last season of the 90’s show looked like it did originally

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Yeah, hopefully that’s not the case as it’d kind of defeat the point of this being a revival of the 90’s series

Though to be fair, not even the last season of the 90’s show looked like it did originally

X-Men using the same in-house style doesn't feel so much like a scoop as just kind of a very easy and unsurprising guess and the account breaking the delay came out after THR's story it appears.