Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the writing and voice acting are very subpar, maybe little old Baldur’s Gate 3 ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
the shooting and movement are very subpar, maybe little old Fortnite ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm curious to see what the first DLC is gonna be, usually they half-rear end the one thats included in the premium to satisfy the contract

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr Hootington posted:

the shooting and movement are very subpar, maybe little old Fortnite ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

drat all that in 4 minutes

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the launching the game experience is truly abysmal

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"One key scene I experienced underscores the challenge of Bethesda’s technical ambition. My astronaut 'Captain Gene' was witness to an event that defies time and matter, something the human mind may never grasp. It’s the culmination of thousands of years of human achievement and curiosity. Ten paces away from me, his lover, Barrett, had only one thing to say. 'Hey friend, let’s chat sometime, okay?'

I’m sorry, what? I responded to him anyway. He gave me an 'alien sandwich,' and said nothing else."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Al! posted:

drat all that in 4 minutes

I beat the game.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Zokari posted:

the launching the game experience is truly abysmal

your first mistake was ever playing a game

they’re meant to just sit in your steam library, a testament to your economic contributions which power our world

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Red Baron posted:

your first mistake was ever playing a game

they’re meant to just sit in your steam library, a testament to your economic contributions which power our world

im gunna play a game adn you can't stop me

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i wish my lover would give me an alien sandwich

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Xaris posted:

persuade

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The Chad Jihad posted:

I'm curious to see what the first DLC is gonna be, usually they half-rear end the one thats included in the premium to satisfy the contract

calling it now, first dlc trailer is gonna open with a shot of a spacewoman on a floating speeder bike

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Xaris posted:

I will pray for you, heathen

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Xaris posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The next few days are going to be very funny with people melting down over "It's a solid game, really fun, not really GOTY material tho" reviews. I honestly thought it would've been it being Xbox exclusive would've been the kindling tbh

Skyrim is what, top 5 best selling games of all time? Of course they didn't run screaming from it, how many collective hours do the people posting here have in that.

I'll be playing on gamepass and I may actually not be happy with it because I want to do melee/explosives as is my tradition but I haven't seen any of those weapons on any streams yet.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There are a lot of bugs tho, not anything big, but lots of people appearing out of nowhere, including someone standing on a desk before talking to you in what is either a bug or the ultimate power play

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

feels like more people are upset the reviews aren't low enough

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

goddamnit i bought it

so drat weak

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zokari posted:

feels like more people are upset the reviews aren't low enough

Game reactions lately have had some off vibes, it's weird. Everybody wants to be a hater, like that's a good thing. I blame social media.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

goddamnit i bought it

so drat weak

I was poking at gamepass to download it when I remembered I bought it while drunk a few weeks ago lol

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

as long as jumpjet + rocket launcher is a viable playstyle, then i will have fun

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If there's not a big fancy space sledgehammer I'm gonna be pissed. I'd settle for a Torgue build but I want the good stuff at my time of life.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Koirhor posted:

the writing and voice acting are very subpar, maybe little old Baldur’s Gate 3 ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

my last two open world games have been RDR2 and Witcher 3 so going back to gamebryo style "npc barrels the camera while one of three voice actors recites words in the order written" is gonna be kinda jarring gotta admit

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Epic High Five posted:

If there's not a big fancy space sledgehammer I'm gonna be pissed. I'd settle for a Torgue build but I want the good stuff at my time of life.

how about a fisting grenade that lets you punch 30 dudes at once

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

silentsnack posted:

how about a fisting grenade that lets you punch 30 dudes at once

It's just crazy enough to work.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

my uncle has a huge super detailed geologic map of oregon and now I want one for vvardfenfell

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-review/ this seems a good summary of pros and cons.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

The next few days are going to be very funny with people melting down over "It's a solid game, really fun, not really GOTY material tho" reviews. I honestly thought it would've been it being Xbox exclusive would've been the kindling tbh

It's because people look at these games as a sort of "life replacement," so people saying "it's okay I guess" is like insulting their very being

It's like if you were a disembodied soul looking for a physical vessel body, and you finally find a vessel that you think will be perfect. And then when you're about to put yourself into it, lots of people are like "ngl that vessel is pretty mid"

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

as long as jumpjet + rocket launcher is a viable playstyle, then i will have fun

I'm sorry, but it's not. There are only 5 playstyles in "Star Field" and 4 of them involve using an Assault Rifle

the last one is flying the ship

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 01:51 on Sep 1, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

It's because people look at these games as a sort of "life replacement," so people saying "it's okay I guess" is like insulting their very being

It's like if you were a disembodied soul looking for a physical vessel body, and you finally find a vessel that you think will be perfect. And then when you're about to put yourself into it, lots of people are like "ngl that vessel is pretty mid"

Yeah but it's people mad it's not being reviewed lower too, in fact they seem like the majority. Insane poo poo. Maybe it's just because all the people who were invested in it being rated higher are playing it now, but in my experience gamers find time to complain online, god knows I do.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmfao at the 7s across the board

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

my last two open world games have been RDR2 and Witcher 3 so going back to gamebryo style "npc barrels the camera while one of three voice actors recites words in the order written" is gonna be kinda jarring gotta admit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs1GlizlZ-w

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

or at least ign and gamespot

game looked bad from the two minutes i saw

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
im going to stream mass effect andromeda and tell everyone its starfield

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Skyrim is what, top 5 best selling games of all time? Of course they didn't run screaming from it, how many collective hours do the people posting here have in that.

I'll be playing on gamepass and I may actually not be happy with it because I want to do melee/explosives as is my tradition but I haven't seen any of those weapons on any streams yet.

It's already been fun

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

good dog

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schmoe Cwead posted:

im going to stream mass effect andromeda and tell everyone its starfield
i'm gonna stream starfield and tell everyone it's star rail

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

triple sulk posted:

pc gamer too, but i wouldn't call it a super negative review.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

triple sulk posted:

7 is a very good number in the Christian Bible so it makes sense

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
i'm gonna stream Might and Magic VI and tell everyone its Skyrim

Adbot