Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the jackets were never gonna happen. emf spent all his money bribing mods to make his alt IK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Emf is waiting for each of us to die so they can lay the jackets that were made forever ago on our gravesites.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hope nobody starts asking about sizes for jackets because we're all going to be embarassed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

or more likely just I will be

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

hope nobody starts asking about sizes for jackets because we're all going to be embarassed

I’m trying to preserve all our egos here

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Saudi deal going south and UFC losing the independent contract lawsuit against its fighters would be max comedy option cause that'd also affect the WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Saudi deal going south and UFC losing the independent contract lawsuit against its fighters would be max comedy option cause that'd also affect the WWE.

somehow this ends with vince running TKO

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Would it be a significant dip or what?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

If the UFC loses the independent contractor lawsuit its Existential for the UFC, their profits similar to WWE are very centered around exploitation of thier non union talent.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

JUNGLE BOY posted:

somehow this ends with vince running TKO

Isn't he going to be the #2 guy after Ari Go...Emanuel?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LionYeti posted:

If the UFC loses the independent contractor lawsuit its Existential for the UFC, their profits similar to WWE are very centered around exploitation of thier non union talent.

Not to mention it sets precedence for any WWE talent lawsuit

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

INAL
In the UFC lawsuit the plaintiffs are asking for $811M-$1.6B.
If it goes to trail and they win, it can be tripled because of antitrust stuff

Endeavor worth is $10.45B.

It probably wouldn't collapse the UFC (TKO or whatever) but it would hurt
Plus the future ramifiacations what it mean for pay, contracts and fighters no one can
know

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not to mention it sets precedence for any WWE talent lawsuit
The MLW's antitrust lawsuit is on going

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

quote:

Following the disappearance of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi on 2 October 2018, and reports that a Saudi hit squad had assassinated him,[13] Endeavor vowed to sever its ties with Saudi Arabia. Emanuel reportedly called White House senior adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner[14] to relay his frustration and discuss withdrawing the agency[15] from a $400 million financial deal with the regime in Saudi Arabia.

hmmm... wonder if Ari Gold has changed his views

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I hope the WWE and UFC burn

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I hope the WWE and UFC burn

I hope not. AEW already has too many washed up MMA and WWE guys (sometimes they're even the same person!)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Freddie Prinze jr will have the pick of top talent

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

fez_machine posted:

I hope not. AEW already has too many washed up MMA and WWE guys (sometimes they're even the same person!)

Hager's been fine since he just became a hat gimmick guy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is there a wwe paper view this weekend

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hirez posted:

Hager's been fine since he just became a hat gimmick guy

He's not even the best hat gimmick person tho

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jake hatter

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Quantum of Phallus posted:

is there a wwe paper view this weekend

I think they renamed them to wwe pleases

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
If you told me 15 years ago that WWE would crash and burn and Impact would be the better product, I would laugh at you but here we are.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

The MLW's antitrust lawsuit is on going

If WWE lets that case get to discovery before settling they're super dumb

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

If you told me 15 years ago that WWE would crash and burn and Impact would be the better product, I would laugh at you but here we are.

Just for shits and giggles for the first week of Sept. 15 years ago:

Raw posted:

Kofi Kingston defeated Charlie Haas (1:40)

Mark Henry (w/ Tony Atlas) defeated Chavo Guerrero (w/ Bam Neely) and Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle) and Matt Hardy and The Miz in a Tag Team Battle Royal (3:26)

Jamie Noble (w/ Layla) defeated William Regal (1:45)

Candice Michelle, Kelly Kelly & Mickie James defeated Beth Phoenix, Jillian Hall & Katie Lea (4:16)

Santino Marella defeated D-Lo Brown (1:11)

Cryme Tyme (JTG & Shad) vs. John Morrison & The Miz ended in a no contest

Kane defeated Batista and CM Punk and John Bradshaw Layfield in a Battle Royal (4:17)

vs.

TNA posted:

TNAW X-Division Title #1 Contendership Match: Consequences Creed defeated Abdul Bashir (3:35)

Non Title Tag Team Match: Beer Money Inc. (James Storm & Robert Roode) (w/ Jacqueline) defeated Prince Justice Brotherhood (Shark Boy & Super Eric) (2:18)

Singles Match: Abyss vs. Johnny Devine (w/ Brother Devon & Brother Ray) - No Contest (2:00)

Singles Match: ODB defeated Raisha Saeed (3:53)

Four Way To Glory Qualifying Match: Christian Cage defeated AJ Styles (12:33)

Pick your poison. loving dire for US wrestling back then.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The Women's match gets as much time as the main event, seems fine.

and that Christian/AJ Styles match having as much wrestling as the other card combined~

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What exactly does "Battle Royal" entail in these circumstances? Surely it's not just four guys trying to throw each other over the top rope?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Island Nation posted:

I think they renamed them to wwe pleases

I will say, when EMF came into the All In thread and called it a PLE, I got as angry and thinned skinned as CM Punk

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DeepDickPizza posted:

What exactly does "Battle Royal" entail in these circumstances? Surely it's not just four guys trying to throw each other over the top rope?

No idea but 2 "battle royals" on the same card with a combined time of under 8 minutess

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DeepDickPizza posted:

I vaguely remember this - I think they were trying to establish contenders and didn't want actual matches for some reason

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's rough because Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick is probably more offensive than anything on that Raw but Christian vs AJ would be leaps and bounds the best match on either show

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I vaguely remember this - I think they were trying to establish contenders and didn't want actual matches for some reason
Is this like their experiment where they didn't want wrestling during commercials so every match turned into a Best of 3 Falls so they could stall for the live crowd even harder than "Dive to the outside as Raw rolls on"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Gaz-L posted:

It's rough because Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick is probably more offensive than anything on that Raw but Christian vs AJ would be leaps and bounds the best match on either show
I was rewatching some TNA of that era and it's incredibly offensive. Both because they had a white woman playing a racist gimmick and because they had a really great wrestler at the time not wrestling at all. Impact had probably one of the best all-around women's rosters for a while, everyone was either good or had a good enough gimmick until the Hogan/Bischoff era

I meant to edit this into the other post I'm sorry

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't there a period where she pulled double duty as herself and the veiled gimmick?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

1glitch0 posted:

Just for shits and giggles for the first week of Sept. 15 years ago:

vs.

At least that Santino/D'Lo match had an awesome aftermath where Glamarella was suddenly and awkwardly born.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is that when Santino stole D-lo’s delicious subway sandwich

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

loving Prince Justice Brotherhood, I completely forgot about that gimmick.

Impact somehow managed to repair it's New Japan relationship and have relatively competent booking while keeping the campiness that I love about wrestling, meanwhile WWE has like, one good storyline at a time and a better woman's division than AEW. (Not a compliment to WWE.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait D-Lo was wrestling for WWE in 2008 what the gently caress?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Rarity posted:

Wait D-Lo was wrestling for WWE in 2008 what the gently caress?

He was there from June to November and appeared in TV only a handful of times

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

The week before he wrestled Beth Phoenix and lost so the next week he was like "I'm going to fight a man." Then D-Lo came out and beat him quicker than Beth did. Then they had kind of a mini feud. He was gone by the end of the year I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Majinfoose posted:

He was there from June to November and appeared in TV only a handful of times

You're looking at the real deal now :(