Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'm gonna stream starfield and tell everyone it's star rail

Is that one of those gacha games where it's singleplayer only so you can't even show your conspicuous consumption off? That remains one of the biggest puzzlers to me, wondering which part of why that's so dumb is the worst part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Huh, Starfield is getting the same scores as Fallout 4.

Thought it would be lower by the reactions in this thread.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'm gonna stream starfield and tell everyone it's star rail

gonna steam Starfield and tell everyone it’s Star Citizen’s latest update

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
shroud has been stuck in the ship builder for 45 mins lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Is that one of those gacha games where it's singleplayer only so you can't even show your conspicuous consumption off? That remains one of the biggest puzzlers to me, wondering which part of why that's so dumb is the worst part.
yep

there's this mobile game friend thing where you can loan your most roided up character so they can do boss battles, but that's pretty much all the interaction you have. genshin at least had a seasonal multiplayer prop hunt mode

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

sebmojo posted:

pc gamer too, but i wouldn't call it a super negative review.

the difference between starfield and totk is that nintendo not only achieved but excelled at what they were trying to do

the starfield reviews arent bad, especially for a bethesda game that will be cleaned up a lot in patches and given a bunch of dlc later on just that they didnt excel at what they were trying to do but largely achieved it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Koirhor posted:

shroud has been stuck in the ship builder for 45 mins lol

Shroud sucks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm playing that super snail gacha at the moment. I'm enjoying it

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i am also pushing the button to make numbers go up and the dopamine hit is quite good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the person who talked about orb of creation ITT because i dumped like 20 hours into that and just kinda had to walk away from my infernal machine because a peek down the barrel didn't really have anything interesting approaching

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Apparently Todd talked up all the accessibility features that they're focusing on in an interview a while ago but the only thing he actually mentioned was adjusting font size and a big font mode.

Big font mode is the only real accessibility features it shipped with. Love that guy

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

look todd is on autopilot mode until his buyout contract runs out and hes gone

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Shroud sucks

glass house buddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Apparently Todd talked up all the accessibility features that they're focusing on in an interview a while ago but the only thing he actually mentioned was adjusting font size and a big font mode.

Big font mode is the only real accessibility features it shipped with. Love that guy

give me big head mode

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

FirstnameLastname posted:

The structure of Saturn is somewhat less interesting because of the lower mass and internal pressure and because of the relative paucity of useful observational data. It now appears that metallic hydrogen is marginal (but probably not absent) in Saturn and that there is a larger enrichment of heavy elements than in Jupiter.

For the purposes of modeling the outer envelopes of Jupiter and Saturn, it is of great interest to know what the composition of the “excess” heavy material was. One plausible suggestion is that this is no more than the general solid material stable at that heliocentric distance in the Solar Nebula. In that case, the elements enriched in Jupiter would include all the rock-forming elements, including S, plus H2O ice, and possibly ammonia. Saturn would have enhanced abundances of all of these, plus possibly methane. If this simple explanation were correct, then the only elements that might be enriched in accessible parts of Jupiter would be sulfur and oxygen (as H2S and H2O) and possibly N as ammonia. Of course, these species and possibly methane as well could be enriched in the outer envelope of Saturn. The other heavy elements are probably of little consequence for modeling observable portions of either planet.

The presence of an extensive liquid, electrically conducting mantle on Jupiter has obvious similarities to the liquid, electrically conducting outer core of the Earth, which is the source of Earth's magnetic field. In addition, ionization of hydrogen by the high temperatures and pressures in the molecular mantle may provide quite significant electrical conductivities even there.

Based on plausible internal structures and the convective mechanism for heat transport, it is reasonable to attribute the source of heat to the continuing tail-end of the collapse phases of both Jupiter and Saturn. It is possible that the heat is derived from the growth of the metallic hydrogen mantle, which is associated with slow shrinkage of the entire planet at a rate of 1 mm per year; indeed, these two mechanisms are in no sense mutually exclusive or even competitive, either being a logical consequence of the other.

A typical internal model of Jupiter is given in Fig. V.4a. The density discontinuity at the molecular H2 to metallic H transition at 0.76 rJ is clearly visible, and the core of heavy elements is obvious. Only about 0.01% of the volume of the planet experiences a gravitation acceleration l

Figure V.4. The interiors of Jupiter and Saturn. The pressure, density, gravitational acceleration, and temperature are given as a function of radius for typical internal models. a illustrates the great importance of metallization of hydrogen on Jupiter. b is a “pie” diagram of a likely internal structure for Saturn. Note the smaller metallic hydrogen region and the helium-rich layer formed because of the limited solubility of helium in fluid metallic hydrogen. It is not clear whether helium would mix with the icy component or how well the ice-forming elements will mix with (dissolve) the rocky core materials. The boundaries between these layers are thus merely schematic, and no distinct boundaries may exist.

Figure V.4b is a comparable internal model of Saturn. Note the much lower pressures deep in the gaseous envelope. Even complete absence of a metallic H mantle would not prevent the electrical conductivity from being large, because, as in the envelope of Jupiter, high pressures decrease the width of the gap between the filled molecular orbital of H2 and the lowest-lying (unfilled) conduction band. Further, species much more easily ionized than H2 are present in trace amounts deep in the lower atmosphere. When high temperatures are combined with high pressures, thermal excitation of electrons across the narrowed band gap becomes possible. Thus even the absence of a metallic H region on Saturn would not preclude the generation of magnetic fields by an internal convectively driven dynamo.

I read this

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

smarxist posted:

gently caress the person who talked about orb of creation ITT because i dumped like 20 hours into that and just kinda had to walk away from my infernal machine because a peek down the barrel didn't really have anything interesting approaching

It's so good! I am finished with my first 25 hour run. I saw Dragon Magic and the dev note and decided that was a good stopping spot. It has every single lever and math trick in the incremental genre. It is so so good it is evil.

Number go up

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

so starfield unsurprisingly sucks mega rear end, whats next to be disappointed by?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

so starfield unsurprisingly sucks mega rear end, whats next to be disappointed by?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

Critics score: 88%
Audience score: 94%
Goon score:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Goon score:

looking good and sloppy for an rear end face game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

looking good and sloppy for an rear end face game

*yawn*

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

the shooting and movement are very subpar, maybe little old Fortnite ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

It got a 90 bro, no way

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

yeah go to sleep grandpa

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
*Todd Howard waves you in*

It's Free Oxygen

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh cool you can :filez: Starfield already, screw waiting 5 days.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Hootington posted:

Goon score:

is this post about totk?

oh wait it has a 96% critic score lol

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i will download Starfield-RUNE!!!

Lol there’s already a DLSS mod

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Oh cool you can :filez: Starfield already, screw waiting 5 days.
i'd wait until the f**g*** repack

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

is this post about totk?

oh wait it has a 96% critic score lol

Yeah it is refreshing to see an honest score not bought and paid for by the publishers.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I am having fun playing the space game :twisted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Games goons couldn't even wait an hour lol

quote:

The hoarding is slowing me down, googles no help anyone have the carryweight console command and does it block achieves?

A couple have already talked about trying to find mods to do ????

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That's just CHIM my friend, it's kosher because it's in-universe.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bethesda has saved gaming

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Eagerly awaiting Anime Schoolgirl's trip report on whether Starfield will run on an APU

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

everyone seems fine with the $30 fee to play starfield on labor day weekend so i think they should see how far they can go with the concept. horse armor was mocked but now people pay $1million USD for csgo knife skins so clearly the market just needed to be developed and normalized.

the next big game should cost $1,000 on release and go down in price $5 a day so people can choose what price point works for them based on how eager they are to play the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Norton posted:

everyone seems fine with the $30 fee to play starfield on labor day weekend so i think they should see how far they can go with the concept. horse armor was mocked but now people pay $1million USD for csgo knife skins so clearly the market just needed to be developed and normalized.

the next big game should cost $1,000 on release and go down in price $5 a day so people can choose what price point works for them based on how eager they are to play the game.

I'm down with waiting two thirds of a year to play major releases for free

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm down with waiting two thirds of a year to play major releases for free

i just watch them streamed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012