Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

let it go, Gripweed. it’s Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Mia best girl

edit : wait monmusu is still ongoing? how many new monster girls have they introduced now?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Popy posted:

gently caress what some nerd says, Bleach is cool even when it’s bad everyone looks cool af and the show has a dope ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JEjQG4-tpU

Bleach would have been cool if they had bothered to say anything with their parallels between soul society, Aizens Arrancars, and the Wonder Reich.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
he draws the boobies good

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The whole premise of Monster Musume is that it's our world + monster girls. Isekais send people to fantasy worlds, not slight variations on our world.

maybe it is a fantasy world filled with monster girls?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Bleach would have been cool if they had bothered to say anything with their parallels between soul society, Aizens Arrancars, and the Wonder Reich.

it does have something to say, though. "authority is good and cool as long as it isn't getting in my way right this second"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

that's just shonen in general, that and finding meaning and purification through struggle, determining who has the stronger will to triumph, etc

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Are Saiyans honorary Aryans?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
baki is fun precisely because the mangaka takes what is objectively the most ridiculous poo poo possible and just goes all in on it and then when you think he's reached the limits of absurd bullshit he somehow finds a way to double down

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
at its best baki is a surrealist experience, like catching a glimpse into the mind of a mad god

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it’s cool that Itagaki didn’t end the series with Son vs. Ogre and kept doing more weird plot lines. I really hope we can see the Musashi arc.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

a utena (re)watch has started in adtrw, three episodes a week

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like Bleach

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I. M. Gei posted:

I like Bleach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAvJYF0kJg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HootTheOwl posted:

Told the same arc over and over, got cancelled, and now it's back telling the arc again?

the anime got cancelled before the last arc but the manga kept going to the finish and now the anime is back to do the final arc.

I haven’t watched it but I know some people were hoping it would fix a few things because Kubo was having a major health crisis and so the story really rushes to the finish line in a handful of chapters.

anyway one of the bad guys is a luchador who gets powered up by cheers from his #1 super fan

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hello Anime thread I bring news

https://twitter.com/DEDEDEDEanime/status/1697021384734507102?t=pNMc-N3FGX_gipwL76-grA&s=19

Could anybody post some panels of the fat guy? He's my favorite.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

christmas boots posted:

the anime got cancelled before the last arc but the manga kept going to the finish and now the anime is back to do the final arc.

I haven’t watched it but I know some people were hoping it would fix a few things because Kubo was having a major health crisis and so the story really rushes to the finish line in a handful of chapters.

anyway one of the bad guys is a luchador who gets powered up by cheers from his #1 super fan

Yeah but now there's a new arc?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
yeah, I just found out about it. I guess they have a special ritual that sends captains to hell because they don’t decompose in the spirit world?

ok I guess

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Let Kubo cook.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

KirbyKhan posted:

Hello Anime thread I bring news

https://twitter.com/DEDEDEDEanime/status/1697021384734507102?t=pNMc-N3FGX_gipwL76-grA&s=19

Could anybody post some panels of the fat guy? He's my favorite.

So, I'm assuming this is a film and not a series? Is that right? It says something about "national theater release decision" in Spring 2024.

If you answer my question, you can watch this YouTube video of the author's episode of Naoki Urasawa's manga documentary TV series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oBAndgCPJ0

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Orb Crabmelt posted:

So, I'm assuming this is a film and not a series? Is that right? It says something about "national theater release decision" in Spring 2024.

If you answer my question, you can watch this YouTube video of the author's episode of Naoki Urasawa's manga documentary TV series:

hell yeah workstation goals

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

as an inferior western animator I am in eternal awe of these kings who just blast cigs at their drafting tables for 12 hours a day in a tiny apartment.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Two films, not series.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Netflix one piece is weird, you have people who look like anime characters standing in the middle of a crowd of people that look like they came from a pirate documentary

Casting for the straw hats is pretty solid tho

Augus has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Sep 1, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there isn't a new arc of bleach. there is one chapter and then kubo said that every time someone asks him when it will continue the less he feels like doing so.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there isn't a new arc of bleach. there is one chapter and then kubo said that every time someone asks him when it will continue the less he feels like doing so.

i respect this

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Hope everyone keeps asking him forever

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

If I made about a trillion dollars from drawing a comic and then had to stop, I don’t think there’s much that would motivate me to get back into it either

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

If I made about a trillion dollars from drawing a comic and then had to stop, I don’t think there’s much that would motivate me to get back into it either

Worked for GRRM

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/tite_official/status/1687833336453189632?s=20

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 60 days!)

Ash Crimson posted:

*Guile voice* CHRONIC GOON

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KomradeX posted:

Worked for GRRM

Imagine having everyone in the world hate the ending to your life's work and you haven't even written it yet

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dbz Greatest of all time!

https://twitter.com/Goku/status/1698057781830664330?t=D0gfbjppKmz9nMM4RHRqYg&s=19

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Been slowly working my way through Oshi no Ko. Christ it's so loving good. I can't think of any other piece of media that's such a cutting, in-depth analysis of the contemporary entertainment industry. If more people were honest about the behind-the-scenes reality of things, maybe more people would have realistic expectations for themselves and their lives, especially anyone who wants to actually make it as an actor, performer, or some other kind of content creator

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Besides the first main arc where they rescue rukia, this really is the best bleach has ever been.

They really shouldve killed off more main characters though

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Anyone explain Yakitori to me?
There's Elephants that are mechs, but also actual mechs?
Humans are cheap but there's like 5 of them?

Is it my PC or is the frame rate really like single digit?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HootTheOwl posted:

Anyone explain Yakitori to me?
There's Elephants that are mechs, but also actual mechs?
Humans are cheap but there's like 5 of them?

Is it my PC or is the frame rate really like single digit?

The squad in the show is part of a trial program to see if humans are worthy of being elevated to sapient species status. If there were other human soldiers deployed in the area then it would ruin the experiment. All of the other alien soldiers are conscripts who have been trained by a computer with rigid combat programming, but the human squad has been trained the hard way to see if they're capable of improvised decision making in combat.

Basically, the stakes are whether or not humanity gets elevated to junior partners in space imperialism.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I thought it was grilled chicken my bad

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

net work error posted:

I thought it was grilled chicken my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The squad in the show is part of a trial program to see if humans are worthy of being elevated to sapient species status. If there were other human soldiers deployed in the area then it would ruin the experiment. All of the other alien soldiers are conscripts who have been trained by a computer with rigid combat programming, but the human squad has been trained the hard way to see if they're capable of improvised decision making in combat.

Basically, the stakes are whether or not humanity gets elevated to junior partners in space imperialism.
Oh well I assume they pass since the guy in charge is a dog, and therefore humanity's best friend.
General pug
I'm half way through EP 1. The framerate was making me sick so I'll come back when the Internet is better.