Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
ive been forgetting to log in but i made sure to grab the anni stuff. since i missed zwei gregor i used the ticket immediately out of desperation

and got zwei gregor never punished baybeeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

ive been forgetting to log in but i made sure to grab the anni stuff. since i missed zwei gregor i used the ticket immediately out of desperation

and got zwei gregor never punished baybeeeeee

I never got that guy, how is he anyway? He didn't look outstanding but didn't seem bad or anything

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
speedy tank with good clash numbers and alright damage, he's become a staple on my MD runs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

YES bread posted:

speedy tank with good clash numbers and alright damage, he's become a staple on my MD runs

nice, good for him

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I had a terrible idea:

What if, as a result of the fusion thingy Ishmael alluded to, Ahab is now a whale furry like Tanya or Greta were

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
You mean a sick rear end banging idea? The furry designs in Ruina were amazing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tried out W Hong Lu in this week's hard MD, he's not really as much of a team player as he seems but is also kind of a shitwrecker for an 00. will Hong Lu ever manage to complete the "have a bad ID" challenge

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Hong Lu will never have a bad ID, only an occasional mediocre EGO. The fact that we will never be able to run a team of just broken Hong Lus is a crime.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Everyone think that Outis, Gregor or Heathcliff are the strongest on the team.

Hong Lu is the strongest both because no one is taking him seriously (Except Faust and/or Outis) and he is seriously good with that staff of his (No pun intended)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Omniphile posted:

Hong Lu will never have a bad ID, only an occasional mediocre EGO. The fact that we will never be able to run a team of just broken Hong Lus is a crime.

Until mirror dungeon 3: you can only use one sinner but you can use all of them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

tried out W Hong Lu in this week's hard MD, he's not really as much of a team player as he seems but is also kind of a shitwrecker for an 00. will Hong Lu ever manage to complete the "have a bad ID" challenge
I like his smug little wink as he stands on the body of an enemy he just kicked the poo poo out of. And at least he doesn't have as loving awful a time building up charge as 00 W Corp Faust, jesus christ.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Everyone think that Outis, Gregor or Heathcliff are the strongest on the team.

Hong Lu is the strongest both because no one is taking him seriously (Except Faust and/or Outis) and he is seriously good with that staff of his (No pun intended)

tbf every other word out of his mouth is some form of "i dunno why they don't just use their parents' money to get out of this"

PetraCore posted:

I like his smug little wink as he stands on the body of an enemy he just kicked the poo poo out of. And at least he doesn't have as loving awful a time building up charge as 00 W Corp Faust, jesus christ.

one of his turn start quotes starts with ideal/yi sang which distracts me every time. he does generate charge well but in my experience by the time he got the 10+ needed to help out the team W Ryoshu and W Don had already murdered everything

that said he can clash well and his S3 does give him some barrier even if you don't meet the requirements so he's not dead weight by any means, and he benefits from any charge gifts obviously

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait a second...

When I make Hong Lu use Dimension Ripper, does that mean he spends 10,000 years waiting to do the attack?

:ohdear:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1697527691942203660

Seven Heathcliff and Faust. (OO and OOO, respectively).

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
glasses faust glasses faust

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
lmao at Gumshoe Heathcliff

My man is just not comfortable in any of his identities (except the one with combat drugs) :v:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I'm surprised he can actually read honestly.

Countzer
May 27, 2022

TheNabster posted:

I'm surprised he can actually read honestly.

Fake it 'till you make it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

My man is just not comfortable in any of his identities (except the one with combat drugs) :v:

Really? I felt like he was more comfortable than others. He even says he likes analysing cases, it's just hard for him.

I find it funny that compared to other IDs every Association ID (barring Shi) overall has the sinners be happier. Don dueling people, Outis being a good boss, Gregor getting cool, non monstruous arms, and overall everyone being coworkers.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Really? I felt like he was more comfortable than others. He even says he likes analysing cases, it's just hard for him.

I find it funny that compared to other IDs every Association ID (barring Shi) overall has the sinners be happier. Don dueling people, Outis being a good boss, Gregor getting cool, non monstruous arms, and overall everyone being coworkers.

Generally speaking, working for a fixer Association is stable and comfortable provided the job doesn't grind against your personal values.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1697527691942203660

Seven Heathcliff and Faust. (OO and OOO, respectively).

First time that someone has managed to land a fixer job that has a grade superior to Director Sector 5 Don Quixote.

Theantero posted:

He does seem to be competant too, just need to think a little bit more when thinking about it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Moobius.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
stand back

i am about to moob

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Moobius teaser seems to imply that the gimmick will indeed be a 'How Many Loops Can You Go?' style endurance thing this time around, as per the common guess.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

glasses faust glasses faust

Those were my thoughts as well. She's pretty adorable.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Looks like our bosses are gonna be Fae Lantern (Source of Gregor's Lantern EGO and the Midwinter Nightmare gift), Rose Sign (Crown of Roses), Steam Transport Machine (Nixie Divergence) and Wayward Passenger (Dimension Shredder EGO and Blue Zippo Lighter).

Junpei fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 2, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

Until mirror dungeon 3: you can only use one sinner but you can use all of them.

this would be a pretty fun gimmick dungeon, no way that the game's code wouldn't poo poo itself trying to run it though. e: sinclair's would probably be funniest since his IDs are all about finicky resource management

anyway happy for more seven IDs, they always have rad animations and are useful. also the organization needs some redemption from outis getting powercrept and having a dogshit UT4.

also for some reason outis has like the worst animations of the bunch despite being an 000? i guess it's because she brought a cane to a sword fight

e2: oh drat it's almost railway time again? i guess it's time to put more thought into my team than none at all

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 2, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
wait, if Association Fixers have a set and stable income, why does Faust need to have a second job at a cafe?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
that just means shes doing the job for reasons besides money

Yggdrasi
Jan 23, 2020
Could be intelligence gathering? Managing a space for other 7 members to discuss things potentially?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

This is hypercapitalistic hell world.

The second job is to pay for food after her first job pays her rent. :v:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

L.U.I.G.I posted:

He does seem to be competant too, just need to think a little bit more when thinking about it.
I'm reading Wuthering Heights currently and the thing is that WH Heathcliff actually is quite intelligent, it's just that he was on the streets for the initial part of his life, had a couple years of steady education and care when Mr. Earnshaw took him in, and then was deliberately cut off from any education after Mr. Earnshaw died because Hindley Earnshaw didn't like him. Cathy would go out to him working in the fields and bring her own schoolwork and try to teach him things, and he'd work hard to understand them, but he couldn't keep up because he also had to work full-time, so when he gave up he gave up completely and decided he hated books and denied Hindley's son Hareton an education as revenge and then was like 'poo poo I sympathize with Hareton, who could have done this to him (me).'

Obviously Project Moon can go pretty far with adaptations, but I expect the thing is that Limbus Heathcliff is an intelligent person who got denied a proper education and forced to deal with so many distractions he couldn't keep up, and he decided if everyone was going to assume he was a dumb brute he wasn't going to fight that anymore, he'd just break their faces. You see flashes of this in his interactions with the other Sinners, and one of the things that seems to wind him up the most is Ishmael assuming he's too stupid to understand the things she's trying to say. So I'm interpreting Seven Heathcliff as someone finally stretching his brain after a long period of intellectual atrophy and enjoying it even if it's hard.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, the one thing that comes to mind is that Heathcliff actually has a really good instinct of social/group dynamics, and how violence is used: see his reading of the G Corp guys or his wound analysis when they come to that one employee with the Apocalypse Calendar head.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Junpei posted:

Yeah, the one thing that comes to mind is that Heathcliff actually has a really good instinct of social/group dynamics, and how violence is used: see his reading of the G Corp guys or his wound analysis when they come to that one employee with the Apocalypse Calendar head.
Yeah, he also catches on really quickly to some of the evasions and talking around things in Canto IV.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Yggdrasi posted:

Could be intelligence gathering? Managing a space for other 7 members to discuss things potentially?

She probably just like doing coffee or it allow her to think undistured while doing something productive.

Junpei posted:

I think he is mostly limited by initial impression and other character dismissing him as being stupid and such

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How are you reading the # of coins for these two from the animations? For me Heath is looking like a 2/1/4 and Faust like a 2/3/3, but Heath's S2 could be a 2-coiner, and his S3 could be a 3.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Junpei posted:

wait, if Association Fixers have a set and stable income, why does Faust need to have a second job at a cafe?

Well, sometimes having a cafe helps with publicity for the main business. You know how it is.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, just got the HP regen node in the skill tree. Does that mean chef Ryoshu and Greg are no longer priority picks for their healing abilities anymore?

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah the regen node does a lot of heavy lifting once you have it, and healing becomes really nice to have instead of downright mandatory.

You'll still get a lot of work out of chef Ryo if you bring her though, you tend to pick up more damage then the talent can really heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I think he is mostly limited by initial impression and other character dismissing him as being stupid and such
Yeah he makes a real bad impression and then deals with it by getting mad and trying to murder people so that's why I'm so delighted he finally gets an ID where he's able to openly be observant and actually pretty smart. It's a better fit for him then, say, Shi Association, even if you'd think violence is more his specialty, because Shi Association demands a very specific kind of violence Heathcliff finds it very hard to adjust to.

Honestly, not sure why Shi Association hired him. Do you think Don hired him?