Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Soiled Meat

pokchu posted:

i think elusif is good, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Genuinely flabbergasted to learn people didn’t know elusif was botting. I don’t even play EVE and I knew elusif was botting.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

Genuinely flabbergasted to learn people didn’t know elusif was botting. I don’t even play EVE and I knew elusif was botting.

Given his past history it’s entirely likely. That said, it’s real gross how all these chuds came out of the woodwork to suddenly care about a tiny wormhole corp when there are so many worse and more blatant actors out there. Is botting and RMT bad for the game? Yeah. Is it a very convenient excuse for gross dudes to harass women and queers outside the game? Also yeah.

PuppiesAndKitties fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 1, 2023

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
congrats to reddit for figuring something out that's been in the open for more than 15 years

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stunt Rock posted:

mods knew

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

what about it?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

hailthefish posted:

what about it?

this sub is behind the paywall, so you can only view threads with an account

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Controversial past drama post here, but I miss that poster who just posted papi propaganda the entire war. At least he wasn't doing a sexism like these new age bad posters

Good old dgc773

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

this sub is behind the paywall, so you can only view threads with an account

Surely at least one redditor has an extra $10 they haven't already given to CCP

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

captainclaw posted:

Controversial past drama post here, but I miss that poster who just posted papi propaganda the entire war. At least he wasn't doing a sexism like these new age bad posters

Good old dgc773

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Simpler times

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I find it hilarious that this is just a loving intel bot that everyone is having a meltdown over

I’ve seen countless times where the in game delve imperium intel channel gets spammed relentlessly by someone misconfiguring their bot setup and everyone just laughs.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Hazdoc posted:

the first mistake was caring about what anyone on reddit thought

less about what they think and more about what they'd do. Techno was already well on his way to creeping my socials to "prove" i'm some kind of manipulative sociopath with a victim complex.

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022

WilWheaton posted:

I find it hilarious that this is just a loving intel bot that everyone is having a meltdown over

I’ve seen countless times where the in game delve imperium intel channel gets spammed relentlessly by someone misconfiguring their bot setup and everyone just laughs.
I remember this too (a couple times). not a harsh word from anyone, not a 'this is unacceptable', not a 'we don't do this here'. tacitly approved by all, and in an org that big you just go with the flow or leave. leadership could've stepped in at any time, it's not like imperium has people who don't enjoy bringing the hammer down. they just hate paperwork, and also, losing botted taxes I guess. wonder if there's a spreadsheet in the back somewhere that calculates the expected loss of income from a hard anti-botting stance (and actually enforcing it)

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Given his past history it’s entirely likely. That said, it’s real gross how all these chuds came out of the woodwork to suddenly care about a tiny wormhole corp when there are so many worse and more blatant actors out there. Is botting and RMT bad for the game? Yeah. Is it a very convenient excuse for gross dudes to harass women and queers outside the game? Also yeah.

dragonshardz posted:

less about what they think and more about what they'd do. Techno was already well on his way to creeping my socials to "prove" i'm some kind of manipulative sociopath with a victim complex.
eve online has such a great community, welcoming and inclusive and self-policing

I sure don't regret all the money I spent on my sub(s) over the years and all the time and emotional energy invested into it

:smith:

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
also don't use vlookups you idiots use xlookup

jesus christ

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!

WilWheaton posted:

This is some fun misdirection and whataboutism.

I guess Elusif did nothing wrong because someone did something else once. I’m convinced. Free Elusif.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fiacre posted:

I guess Elusif did nothing wrong because someone did something else once. I’m convinced. Free Elusif.

:thanks:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
he did nothing wrong in the sense that no one actually gives a gently caress about bots. the people whining are crying crocodile tears

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Soiled Meat

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

FelixNC posted:

eve online has such a great community, welcoming and inclusive and self-policing

I sure don't regret all the money I spent on my sub(s) over the years and all the time and emotional energy invested into it

:smith:

A lot of people bought in to the lie that bad people had changed, including me, and it wasn’t until I started going to in person meetups that the truth came out. For someone whose EVE experience is purely in game based it can be very hard to determine truth from propaganda. A lot gets lost when only communicating through text and voice.

I don’t blame myself for playing eve and you shouldn’t either. I started during a really hard time in my life and the people I met while playing it helped me launch my career and gave me a social outlet when I didn’t have any. It let me meet some cool people that I still talk to. But I think it’s also okay to accept that just because you had some good times with a group of people doesn’t mean that you’re a bad or malicious person for moving on when they continue to hurt you and others. People grow and change and so do their needs, and coming to a place in your life where you need to be respected and treated well more than you need to be included in a group should be celebrated.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

eve is dead. Everybody won. Let's go outside!

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Eve

Eve online

About that...

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

[robotically] eve offline

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Fiacre posted:

(unironically) yes

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Eves dead

Why would goose do this?

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
idk who goose is but I am sad that EVE is dead rn

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

captainclaw posted:

eve is dead. Everybody won. Let's go outside!

Elusif turned his seventeen monitors off and stepped away from his workstation, his mouth betraying the most subtle of grins

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Posting from my garden, soaking in the sun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You’re a coward if you don’t go outside and reconnect to Mother Gaia

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why connect to a server when you can connect to Mother Gaia

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
look dude i am not loving a hole in the ground ok

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ded posted:

look dude i am not loving a hole in the ground ok

…how the gently caress are you connecting to Eve Online

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ded pulling an ethernet cable out of his rear end and looking v sheepish

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

why would Delta Sqad do this?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

some barely functional on reddit is going to unironically blame geese for this, I feel it in my bones

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hailthefish posted:

ded pulling an ethernet cable out of his rear end and looking v sheepish

please do not kink shame this is the eve thread

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Kazinsal posted:

some barely functional on reddit is going to unironically blame geese for this, I feel it in my bones

And we'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you drat meddling kids

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this thread seems to have run its course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

this thread seems to have run its course

Oh good, the Thread Understander has logged in.