Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

That's quite a gauntlet. I don't know how much jade you have saved up, but it'll take about 45,000 to have a 50-50 shot at getting all three. A 90% chance would take about ~62,000.

I've got enough to gently caress up at least one character pull completely but otherwise it's not going to be best case scenario. Ah well, it'll get me sorted for the next year or two which will work out in the long run.

Long term I won't have a air DPS in my "plan" but I figure getting Bronya at 300 pulls will do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Haven't finished the current shopping district event but I like the twist on the puzzle theme and debate is cool but also the missed the opportunity to really mimic Ace Attorney but not doing dramatic cornering music

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The part with Qingque is unvoiced, fail event.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ya know, I think this is the first event where I actually end up with a lower respect for a character. C'mon Yukong, you can't keep a open mind, you'll get your brain falling out in no time!

Like we are all in agreement that the IPC is all full of greedy imperialist neoliberals? Like they kept doing those sneaky underhanded borderline illegal tricks to make the merchants guild default on their debt, and even the absolute nicest, upright, and respectable IPC representative straight up said in the public debate that they don't care about the opinions or desires of the people being affected, they just want higher profits.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

that's why everyone loved and respected the good real Tinygun.
She was the one good capitalist.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Oh, hey, there's new daily missions once you complete Aurum Alley. That's a nice touch.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

They have to be wishy-washy about it cos they still gotta sell Topaz

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

We're recruiting literal terrorists so I don't know if making Topaz look nice is a priority necessarily.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
In fact, across all the banners leading up to hers, we'll be at a count of four good guys to five terrorists, by my count.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

There's a big difference to me imho. Being a literal terrorist while saying and knowing that what they're doing is bad is better than having the IPC do the same thing but saying that what they're doing is good is worse to me.

Like Kafka and the Stellaron hunter could be labeled as anti-heroes, while Topaz is more likely to be an anti-villain

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the topaz hater has entered the thread

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Clarste posted:

We're recruiting literal terrorists so I don't know if making Topaz look nice is a priority necessarily.

To be fair that second Kafka trailer also made a lot of implied justifications for Kafka's supposed crimes

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I wasn't going to pull for topaz but now i think i will

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

blizzardvizard posted:

To be fair that second Kafka trailer also made a lot of implied justifications for Kafka's supposed crimes

And who labeled Kafka as a terrorist and posted her information across the galaxy? The IPC themselves.

Almost as if maybe we shouldn't believe everything that is posted on the intergalactic web :thunk:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Asta's like an IPC heiress and she's nice.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Asta is an example of an out of touch trust fund kid. She doesn't know where all of the money came from, while those working in the IPC certainly got their hands dirty here and there

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If I pull Lynx and dont have enough for my guaranteed Fu then I'll sit and wait for Topaz. Honestly Topaz would probably be better for me to set up a follow up team with Clara and Lynx, but what debuffer/buffer should I tie to the group?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I don't think a responsible intergalactic economic conglomerate would just label someone a terrorist without a good reason!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

There's a big difference to me imho. Being a literal terrorist while saying and knowing that what they're doing is bad is better than having the IPC do the same thing but saying that what they're doing is good is worse to me.

Like Kafka and the Stellaron hunter could be labeled as anti-heroes, while Topaz is more likely to be an anti-villain

"Do you know what year it is? Who works for money these days? Money is a means, not an end. Work should make you happy... That's the most fundamental principle."

"In the IPC - no - even just the Strategic Investment Department - there are plenty of unsavory characters I don't care for. They may be my colleagues, but we're not the same. Take Aventurine, for instance... I sincerely hope you never have to deal with him."

"The vast starry sky, the billions of cute, magical critters... *sigh* Even if only for them, I've gotta work hard."

"I used to think creatures from different ecosystems would be incapable of living together, so I divided my home into different ecological zones, but now... Look! Look how well these two are getting along! They're obviously from different planets, but they're best friends now! Isn't it amazing?!"

Yep, real villain material here.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Elio Did Nothing Wrong

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If you can't trust a predatory gacha game to teach you that capitalism is evil, who can you trust?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

pull for all the hot space terrorists and space pig yeeters

you know you want to

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Being a Villain isn't quite the same as an Anti- Villain.

It's like trying to say a Hero and an Anti-hero is exactly the same, but nobody is going to say that Superman and the Punisher is exactly same as each other

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think some links to tvtropes might help everyone understand the concept better.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

the topaz hater has entered the thread

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

topaz is cute and has a cute friend and apparently likes animals so i'm going to pull for her, we can debt collect together it'll be great

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Zurai posted:

"Do you know what year it is? Who works for money these days? Money is a means, not an end. Work should make you happy... That's the most fundamental principle."

Take this direct quote from Topaz for example. Sound pretty good on the surface doesn't it?

Until you realize that Topaz's job is being the general of the shock trooper group that goes in planets and other major institutions to "collect debts". Basically straight up saying she love doing that insane poo poo

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Until you realize that Topaz's job is being the general of the shock trooper group that goes in planets and other major institutions to "collect debts". Basically straight up saying she love doing that insane poo poo

[citation needed]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Take this direct quote from Topaz for example. Sound pretty good on the surface doesn't it?

i don’t care I rolled for several murderers already

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
very concerned that these cartoon characters are not embodying the correct morals

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'll roll for the Anime Pinkerton Girl and like it

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
given my limited 5*s so far are silver wolf and kafka, and that i'm hoarding for topaz (with a bit of a hopium dip for lynx), i think it's fair to say i have A Type in this game

and that type is "sexy ladies who do very bad things to people who aren't my character"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm kinda w/e about Topaz but Guinaifen is on her banner so I guess I'm gonna be pulling regardless. :shrug:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

given my limited 5*s so far are silver wolf and kafka, and that i'm hoarding for topaz (with a bit of a hopium dip for lynx), i think it's fair to say i have A Type in this game

and that type is "sexy ladies who do very bad things to people who aren't my character"
I'm not yet persuaded that Kafka hasn't done anything very bad to our character.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Can we even really say that Silver Wolf is even bad? She's just a hacker. A very extremely powerful hacker, but still just a hacker who love playing video games.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if she hacks to cheat in multi-player games online, yes, she is evil.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

If you can't trust a predatory gacha game to teach you that capitalism is evil, who can you trust?

There are multiple gachas where you can pay money to pull characters who will flat out tell you that capitalism is evil.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

NeonPunk posted:

Can we even really say that Silver Wolf is even bad? She's just a hacker. A very extremely powerful hacker, but still just a hacker who love playing video games.

That makes her a gamer, the worst of all kinds of people.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hope the sim. game on screwllum is making a videogame company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

NeonPunk posted:

She's a sociopath. She won't cheat in a game (because that's no fun), but she won't think twice about causing a huge crash on some planet's stock market just to give herself enough cash to finally e6r5 the newest character in her favorite gatcha. She'll do whatever to chase that sweet, sweet stimulation hit.