Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

johnny park posted:

I really hated Alphinaud for all of ARR. Then, in HW and beyond, I also hated him. It wasn't until towards the end of Endwalker that I realized that I hated him even more

Finally, a voice of reason in the sea of "No Alphinaud totally gets better just give him a chance!!!!"

no he had his chance and he hosed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alisae has the same grandpa and she turned out alright what's your excuse alphie

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It helps that from here on out he starts getting roasted by everyone constantly

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Chillgamesh posted:

It helps that from here on out he starts getting roasted by everyone constantly

Estinien my beloved~

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Heavensward also introduces the Undisputed Grand Champion of Roasting People and Not Giving a gently caress, Matoya. drat I love that sassy grandma.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Arm non-state actors. (0/3)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"I could fix the world with infinite money because I'm so smart" was a set up that often gets done 100% earnestly in many stories. The Happening(Savage) was a fantastic takedown.

:shobon: That said I do I like post-ARR Alphinaud but only as far as "yeah he's alright." He does much better than Minfilia in that at least he has a character. He's also a good comedy set up guy. How much could a katana cost, 10,000 gil?

ShB: I lost my poo poo when he immediately told Matoya what Y'shtola did on the First.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

TLD I'm very curious given your well known distaste of Lalas what your reaction to Pippin was. Because that design is something

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mainwaring posted:

TLD I'm very curious given your well known distaste of Lalas what your reaction to Pippin was. Because that design is something

I thought he looked absolutely stupid but at least he didn’t sound like he was auditioning for rug rats

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Apologies to Lala fans but since TLD called em kids walking with overstuffed diapers I am crying everytime I play the game

I'm an elf man so my lanky rear end can't throw stones with glass houses and all that, but sometimes you just need that extra flair to enjoy your game more

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That's ok, I feel that, as a Lala and given everything, it's my duty to kick Elves in the knees out of principal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ConanThe3rd posted:

That's ok, I feel that, as a Lala and given everything, it's my duty to kick Elves in the knees out of principal.

it would be well within your right

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Lalafell are just if SNES JRPG character sprites were real.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

Apologies to Lala fans but since TLD called em kids walking with overstuffed diapers I am crying everytime I play the game

I'm an elf man so my lanky rear end can't throw stones with glass houses and all that, but sometimes you just need that extra flair to enjoy your game more

I’m not wrong lol. Look at how they walk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never said you were, hence the tears. I can't watch a cutscene the same way anymore, lmao

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the Lala walk cycle is by far the worst, and I hate pretty much every single one except for Krile and Tataru

they walk like if cotton hill was an mmo race

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Relyssa posted:

they walk like if cotton hill was an mmo race

Wait and we're saying that's bad?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I don't understand lalafell hate. They're goofy little bastards and every single one of them is the butt of some sort of joke. Even if the joke is "people don't take me seriously because I'm short" or "it's hard to project gravitas when you were carried into the room"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The lalafell soul is an inherently cruel and evil on, that's why half of the bad guys in this game are lalas.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the game keeps trying to make me take the bad guy lalas (so all of them basically) at all seriously when i should be able to punt them into the nearest wall whenever i want

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't get having such hate in your heart for video game characters, personally...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alxprit posted:

I don't get having such hate in your heart for video game characters, personally...

you telling me you have no hate in your heart for teledji

just look at him and tell me you don't want to destroy him

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Relyssa posted:

the game keeps trying to make me take the bad guy lalas (so all of them basically) at all seriously when i should be able to punt them into the nearest wall whenever i want

What, with weak legs of other races?
Non-lalafell can't jump.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OddObserver posted:

What, with weak legs of other races?
Non-lalafell can't jump.

at least i have functioning knees

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Relyssa posted:

at least i have functioning knees

The wonderful thing about Lalas is Lalas are wonderful things!
Their heads are made of popoto, their legs are made out of springs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Relyssa posted:

you telling me you have no hate in your heart for teledji

just look at him and tell me you don't want to destroy him

Why would I want to destroy him when that was already quite taken care of for me?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Why would I want to destroy him when that was already quite taken care of for me?

why would you not want to do it yourself for the satisfaction

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

to ignore the kicking of lalas once might conceivably punt is not wisdom, it is indolence

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alxprit posted:

bro if you don't hate eggman you cannot hang with me and my best friend sonic hedgehog

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait you guys hate eggman?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
sorry you had to find out this way

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Well, Sonic pissed on his wife, it's no wonder he's angry

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I don't know how you can possibly hate a man who oozes this much style.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I probably dislike Sonic more than Eggman if we're being real.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Alxprit posted:

I probably dislike Sonic more than Eggman if we're being real.

loving chud rear end nazi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Okay.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Way to just admit you like the adolf loving Hitler of sonic more than the hero

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*takes drag of cigarette* Nero is the Eggman of FF14.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

And Cid is Sonic, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Funky Valentine posted:

Stylish, red, smug, genius with mechanics and with a trademark somewhat creepy, rictus grin? Yeah that checks out.