Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Awesome! posted:

jesus dude

my only life goal is to normalize not giving a poo poo as much as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its staring at me in quest log (nier3) so i'm going to see what i think about it now

shas
Jul 27, 2011

hansel and gretel take about 50% too long but the third nier raid is ok

first one sucks, i have no memory of the second one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Nier raids own

ENGAGE MARX SUPPORT

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I was remarking that Copied Factory feels like they secretly enabled minimum ilevel or something, because it always takes noticeably longer than any other

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I was doing savage for the first time and got as far as P10S turrets before my static fell apart. But I gotta say, Wicked Step was very frustrating but really, really funny.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

I was remarking that Copied Factory feels like they secretly enabled minimum ilevel or something, because it always takes noticeably longer than any other

Aside from everything having way too much HP, the majority of the bosses either have exasperatingly long phase transitions or untargetable periods that drag the fights out even further. It really does drag, even with everyone's power getting a boost from EW.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have no idea how to cleanly avoid the first boss's spotlights, their AoE seems really wonky.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, even the first two fights where you have 100% uptime on the bosses feel like they just drag on compared to the Twelve raids

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

FuturePastNow posted:

I think Aglaia and Euphrosyne are cool looking spectacle but Euphro in particular is just too easy. If the third one is Orbonne or Breach level pain I'll be happy

I wouldn't be too surprised if new Alliance raids are just going to be easier from now on so folks don't abandon the alliance roulette once they can no longer ilvl cheat the system.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lines posted:

I was doing savage for the first time and got as far as P10S turrets before my static fell apart. But I gotta say, Wicked Step was very frustrating but really, really funny.
the only people in my group that like this fight are me and my co-tank lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shas posted:

hansel and gretel take about 50% too long but the third nier raid is ok

Done!

and agreed.

I can see why some people would have hated this one; i liked it. red girl is spooky

the wrapper quests around the raids are too fuckin tedious though. i will never again comfort a dwarf

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I like the actual aesthetics of the Nier raids a lot, and the inclusion of environmental cues you have to pay attention to is genuinely great, but they're, mechanically, a lot for the average player to deal with, and their infrequency means that you can lapse on your knowledge of simple poo poo like "where do I have to be to avoid the beam sabers in Bunker" easily. I'm still not quite sure I hate them as much as Cidolfus, but that's mostly healer bias talking.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

All I know is that the last two bosses of the third Nier raid were one of the only times where I was so disoriented by the visuals that I could barely keep my eyes on the screen (let alone actually play) the first few times I saw them.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Personal raid tier list
Yay, things are happening
EW raids
Nier raids
Ivalice raids
Wiping city

Ok, if I have to
Other HW raids
World of darkness sometimes

I'll quit if someone dodges, no regrets
Syrcus
LotA

6.5 can't come soon enough to get rid of the disrobing meta, I don't really mind running these if there are actual sprouts but I hate Crystal Tower raids.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like how Crystal Tower raids lose it to PVP of all things in the time benefit ratio for mogtomes.

If I have to do lota one more time with no new players I will scream.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Regalingualius posted:

All I know is that the last two bosses of the third Nier raid were one of the only times where I was so disoriented by the visuals that I could barely keep my eyes on the screen (let alone actually play) the first few times I saw them.

well i'm playing blm now so i'm just staring at my keyboard

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I like the Ivalice raids for the scenery-chewing voice lines the bosses have. It also drops generally good glams. Dun Scaith is a rare find in roulette but the final battle is genuinely cinematic and cool and I like the characters in the HW raid trilogy and still want my own Parrock or Sea of Clouds housing. Crystal tower is fine, like it's babby's first raid and it's so common that I can sleepwalk through it, but I don't hate it. I like the music in Nier.

Weeping City is probably the rarest pull in roulette, in my experience. I almost never see it, so I don't remember how anything goes.

The Twelve are all right. I don't know, to me it feels so empty. These are the gods we pick at the beginning and there's really nothing special about any of them. There's no grandiosity to it. It's just a handful of fights. It feels like such a waste, to me, but it's also not complete, so I'll wait for 6.5 to reserve judgment on what the story and everything ends up being.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

ImpAtom posted:

I want a mount that is just flying. Just woosh take off into the air I'm flyin' now.

I want this but really I just want an Uematsu treatment of Wake Up.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm a sucker for flying enchanted objects. Brooms, carpets, umbrellas, beds, hell yeah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Awesome! posted:

the only people in my group that like this fight are me and my co-tank lol

I also agree that it loving rules, and I watched a video where that xenosys vex fella calls it the best second fight they've ever made, but he and I also play tank...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just did my first frontlines and the whole time i was just like what the gently caress is happening

it's tremendous arcade mode fun lol

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My AR roulette has so far been just Orbonne and Weeping City. Not the worst. Fairly profitable.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Zanael posted:

Yay, things are happening
EW raids
Nier raids
Ivalice raids
Wiping city

Ok, if I have to
Other HW raids
World of darkness sometimes

I'll quit if someone dodges, no regrets
Syrcus
LotA

The correct tier list right here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firebert posted:

Not only is Nier3 ridiculously long and eye-blindingly ugly, but the mog is genderlocked and bad
nier3 is like the only nier raid with remotely interesting looking gear. the scouting/striking/aiming stuff is good

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hopeandjoy posted:

This is my opinion as well.

Algaia has some good surprise mechanics the first run as well. I’m sad that apparently the scales mech is now skipped though because it’s the big setpiece of the fight.

I think it's not as common as people make it out to be. In my half-dozen runs of it these past couple days, before I got the minion, we never once skipped scales. We got close once, down to single-percentage health, but never enough to skip. It absolutely happens, no doubt, but it's not happening every run.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

compare the "three people get marked for big explosions" mechanic on TG cid to Ozma's equivalent where six people get marked and the whole alliance gets punished with damage+damage down if two of them overlap

6 people get marked the second time in Cid. every overlap explodes for damage and gives 2 stacks of a dot. the damage this mechanic does was nerfed because it basically insta wiped you on fuckups, even with the echo.

orbonne was nerfed first by giving it echo, and there was a second pass sometime later (I want to say in ShB) where they took every 'failure' state mechanic on Cid - 3people not standing on each tower, the shadow orbs getting too close, and an ice add not being killed - and greatly reduced their damage

edit: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9ee566b4cad525c8330bfb3c09591b3f63f433fd

check the battle system changes

aers fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 2, 2023

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Endorph posted:

nier3 is like the only nier raid with remotely interesting looking gear. the scouting/striking/aiming stuff is good

but I want the other striking/aiming sets because they are much better!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Well, I decided to go one more step with all of the 9 remaining ARR relics I've got. I figured there wouldn't be any better circumstances, since I'll be finishing off the BRD one and that ARR Job's about as perfect as it gets for farming FATEs when you can't be on BLU or non-ARR Jobs (AoE at 18 and 45, actual kiting on single target for a few seconds and ranged available at all levels to pull boss targets away from their groups).

After this, though, I'm only focusing on BRD, WHM and NIN since those are the Zeta weapons I want. The others may or may not happen at some later date, if I get bit by the completion bug, but I'm certainly not doing books for them right now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Onean posted:

I think it's not as common as people make it out to be. In my half-dozen runs of it these past couple days, before I got the minion, we never once skipped scales. We got close once, down to single-percentage health, but never enough to skip. It absolutely happens, no doubt, but it's not happening every run.
part of the reason why is that people always loving do the worst possible combo before the fight - someone always ready checks but nobody counts down and it's the one spot you want the countdown so you can prepop LB2 from every ally, which can easily make the difference

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Instructions unclear: will now Leroy Jenkins the fight to ensure new players get to see scales.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Someone always ready checks and then someone else says we have two players in a cutscene and then Dipshit will just start pulling anyway

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

lies. Nier1 for your Matrix cosplay needs and Nier2 has some sweet hats

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm surprised they don't just have an airlock of 2 barriers, crossing exterior invisible barrier triggers cutscenes, inner barrier doesn't drop until everyone's out of cutscenes (with a maximum delay timer based on how long it should take with autotext maybe). I get it's possible to troll with network packet fun, but that should be super easy to detect/ban for harassment

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

what happened before you could teleport into the arena? I had two instances yesterday where the tank just did not give a gently caress and started the fight while the sprout was in their cutscene, and both times they didn't get out of the cutscenes until after the arena was sealed

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

God Hole posted:

what happened before you could teleport into the arena? I had two instances yesterday where the tank just did not give a gently caress and started the fight while the sprout was in their cutscene, and both times they didn't get out of the cutscenes until after the arena was sealed

Well, you were just locked out of the arena :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Alder posted:

Well, you were just locked out of the arena :shobon:
yeah you were straight up locked out forever

it was a fine Praetorium tradition to participate in literally zero boss fights your first time and have every single cutscene play in sequence because they took longer than the fights

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Wait, the teleport option wasn't always there? That's wild. When did they add it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

lies. Nier1 for your Matrix cosplay needs
thats only if youre a guy sadly

at least the fending gear from nier 2 lets you keep your trenchcoat even as a girl (forbidden tech)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

the "three people get marked for big explosions" mechanic on TG cid

It's really obvious where you're supposed to put those, and they still gently caress it up every time. Much more obvious than in Weeping City (where the "back corner of the platform" spot is very scary to people). I don't think there's any way they could do this mechanic that six random people would get right, even if they shined spotlights on the places to go, so I hope they use it again because that's funny