Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

he has like four belts yet spends all his time whining that clears are achievable for normal people who have lives, gently caress, play other games, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

AzureSkys posted:

I used the PowerShell script linked from this vid earlier for a solo strike run.
https://youtu.be/ctSlYXrPZaM?si=G9Dyv17rXCZVeQ80

cool, thanks mate

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Greppo won. I don't think anybody else has even beaten Crota. :lol:

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

some person named aTides has like 20 sec after grepp

e: gently caress grepp

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 1, 2023

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

he has like four belts yet spends all his time whining that clears are achievable for normal people who have lives, gently caress, play other games, etc.

Reminder that he thinks normal difficulty raids should not have loot.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That guy sounds like a NERD!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That guy sounds like exhibit A on why Bungie should not take suggestions from the community

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Reminder that he thinks normal difficulty raids should not have loot.

That he keeps getting world’s first and at the same time uses the same things he wants nerfed is so elitist.

I wish Fallout or Cross got it but oh well

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

disappointed but not surprised that a nerd entirely up his own rear end won the race

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Wallah is still fighting Oryx. What the gently caress is with the massive amount of health????

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you win multiple world firsts in a row they should ban you from the next one for your own health imo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Wallah is still fighting Oryx. What the gently caress is with the massive amount of health????

we mocked nezarec

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

we mocked nezarec

Nezarec is far too little agreed. Giving the next raid boss 1000% more health seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

FlapYoJacks posted:

Nezarec is far too little agreed. Giving the next raid boss 1000% more health seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Bungie.txt

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

FlapYoJacks posted:

contest mode cut outgoing damage more than it used to too so it might look worse than it is?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

EVGA Longoria posted:

contest mode cut outgoing damage more than it used to too so it might look worse than it is?

Didn't they "increase the cap" on our outgoing damage? So we do more damage to enemies now than we did last season? I keep seeing disagreement on this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Crota will be a pretty straightforward 2-phase when Contest turns off.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“We increased the cap of player outgoing damage vs. combatants”

That seems to mean players in the day 1 raid do more damage to enemies than they did last year, but the change is restricted to Crota’s End contest mode so in all other areas of the game nothing has changed and when contest mode shuts off on Sunday you will do the same damage to Crota enemies as you would to any other hives at the same relative power levels

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the group i'm raiding with are mostly new kids who have only done a handful of raids before. after 12 hours of effort, we have reached ir yut.

a bitch is tired

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the gently caress are you supposed to do about the Arc Singers at level 3? The shriekers respawn infinitely and the wizards one-shot, and hang out in the crystals you punch, so you can't actually activate them. We got one crystal activated before time ran out between all that.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RBA Starblade posted:

What the gently caress are you supposed to do about the Arc Singers at level 3? The shriekers respawn infinitely and the wizards one-shot, and hang out in the crystals you punch, so you can't actually activate them. We got one crystal activated before time ran out between all that.
1) Start encounter
2) From cover, shoot the Shriekers
3) Deal with Lightbearer hive (survivability like a well or bubble helps to tangle with them close-range, but you can hit them from range as well)
4) Swing in, punch the crystal, and move to another crystal on the outskirts
5) Punch the uncharged crystal, kill its wizard (important! Don't leave these up!)
6) Punch the crystal you just charged, move to next crystal, repeat
7) Return to the center, pop all of the crystals with the magic mojo, and then back up to where the shriekers do not spawn and outside of their aggression range.
8) Poke the boss to death and ignore all the other poo poo, or clear the shriekers/lightbearers to engage the wizard at closer ranges.

The issue I have in Arc Singers is lazy fucks will ignore the wizards that they just removed the immunity from, which then proceed to blast/smoke you out constantly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sestze posted:

1) Start encounter
2) From cover, shoot the Shriekers
3) Deal with Lightbearer hive (survivability like a well or bubble helps to tangle with them close-range, but you can hit them from range as well)
4) Swing in, punch the crystal, and move to another crystal on the outskirts
5) Punch the uncharged crystal, kill its wizard (important! Don't leave these up!)
6) Punch the crystal you just charged, move to next crystal, repeat
7) Return to the center, pop all of the crystals with the magic mojo, and then back up to where the shriekers do not spawn and outside of their aggression range.
8) Poke the boss to death and ignore all the other poo poo, or clear the shriekers/lightbearers to engage the wizard at closer ranges.

The issue I have in Arc Singers is lazy fucks will ignore the wizards that they just removed the immunity from, which then proceed to blast/smoke you out constantly.

Right, but the problem is that the melee prioritizes the invincible shielded wizards over the crystals, so you can't proceed if they just choose to float inside the crystals, which they keep doing, and if you try a charged melee, they counterattack, kill you, then it cools off

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RBA Starblade posted:

Right, but the problem is that the melee prioritizes the invincible shielded wizards over the crystals, so you can't proceed if they just choose to float inside the crystals, which they keep doing, and if you try a charged melee, they counterattack, kill you, then it cools off
The wizards are not active combatants while immune. Won't gas cloud or shoot arc poo poo at you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are the solar tribute, xivu's brood, and wrathborn summons time-gated or something? I have all the others but those just never come up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sestze posted:

The wizards are not active combatants while immune. Won't gas cloud or shoot arc poo poo at you.

Well, something's bugged then, it was one huge rear end blast with them all joining in lmao

What even are the tier 3 rewards, I can't tell. I've won a few but not sure it's anything unique or not. Pubbies are loving terrible at them though

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 2, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Oh... oh my.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C2_DAZOTmM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RBA Starblade posted:

Well, something's bugged then, it was one huge rear end blast with them all joining in lmao

What even are the tier 3 rewards, I can't tell. I've won a few but not sure it's anything unique or not. Pubbies are loving terrible at them though
It's just more length on the tribute bar, and it overflows into the next set of altars you do. Same sort of rewards.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh, whatever then lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

there's no reason to do tier 3 stuff unless you have a super coordinated team that can handle it easily. outside of that it's a waste of time and effort because dumbass pubs think "oh i can handle this easily" and then get murdered repeatedly

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kith posted:

there's no reason to do tier 3 stuff unless you have a super coordinated team that can handle it easily. outside of that it's a waste of time and effort because dumbass pubs think "oh i can handle this easily" and then get murdered repeatedly

I've seen decent results on tier 3s with pubs, successful about 2/3 of the time, but invisible super-screebs did not work at all with everyone constantly dying.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

“We increased the cap of player outgoing damage vs. combatants”

That seems to mean players in the day 1 raid do more damage to enemies than they did last year, but the change is restricted to Crota’s End contest mode so in all other areas of the game nothing has changed and when contest mode shuts off on Sunday you will do the same damage to Crota enemies as you would to any other hives at the same relative power levels

Oh my god, apparently it really did mean "players do 15% less damage to Combatants". Jesus, what a way to convey that information.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kith posted:

I wish bungie would have gotten it right, last season I just gave up on doing deep dives because of all the different ways it could go. Has to be the most terribly unfun seasonal mode I've played. Ready to give up on altars too. Make different matchmaking pools or something. Nothing like some level 5 gung ho moron on day 1 constantly wanting to do the hardest content and just instantly failing over and over. Hopefully next season they do away with this selectable challenge levels in one run bullshit and just have a standard difficulty. Or at least just end the run completely if you fail.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just get in position to be the guy dunking the tier 2 and do it as fast as you can

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How can people ever know or try stuff in tier 3 if everybody complains? Just take the L and go to the lower tier after.

Same thing with raiding. People are scared of fuckin up mechanics but don't really have anywhere to try and fail and learn unless they get lucky LFGs

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Making a listing for a learning/teaching raid is not hard, and it is also not the same as deciding the difficulty for a publicly matchmade activity with no communication to or from your teammates. Especially when it's so common for someone to activate Tier 3 and then just die repeatedly.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

My gang had overall, a hard and good time I think in Crota's End Redux. I think it was quite a good raid!

We had the usual mix of salt, laughs, struggles and triumphs

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I've tried a bunch of Tier 3s with pubs and failed every single one of them. I admit that I may be the problem though

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I think the dunk spots actually appear in staggered descending order, so if someone wants to activate Tier3 you’re not beating them to activating a lower difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Abyss might be my least favorite raid encounter in the game. It's sort of like the worst parts of DSC sparrows/KF's traversal section/Vow's payload, with an added layer of failure mechanics that means that one guy who is bad at the section is going to spoil the run. Not happy I had to max my brightness to actually see any of the goddamn pits. Feels like it's going to be the biggest slog of the raid.

Rest of the raid seems okay. Bridge pretty neat.