Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Did they break charge attack inputs? I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do a charge attack while standing still just by holding the attack button. Now I have to press a direction to get a charge attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

What's that site people use to post their builds? Gonna have to see if I can't set that up and post my Tigh team once I'm home from work tonight.

Alright, here are my nerds.

e: oh god I only just noticed i manage to mismatch my Fischl's EM 2-sets. That's embarrassing.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 1, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

About how involved is the Mega Mekka Melee event? Is it the usual like 3 hours of story plus another few of events and poo poo like most flagships or a little smaller. I've been putting it off till now basically.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Kale posted:

About how involved is the Mega Mekka Melee event? Is it the usual like 3 hours of story plus another few of events and poo poo like most flagships or a little smaller. I've been putting it off till now basically.

Pretty quick to mash through the dialogue to unlock it luckily. The swimming part is kind of like previous “glide through the rings” but underwater, and is very easy and chill. There is a rhythm game that is braindead easy compared to the ones they’ve done in the past. The last is just combat basically.

That said I only did the dialogue to unlock all of that and there are two more parts afterwards for the full primo rewards. Not sure if those will be longer.

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

rio posted:

Pretty quick to mash through the dialogue to unlock it luckily. The swimming part is kind of like previous “glide through the rings” but underwater, and is very easy and chill. There is a rhythm game that is braindead easy compared to the ones they’ve done in the past. The last is just combat basically.

That said I only did the dialogue to unlock all of that and there are two more parts afterwards for the full primo rewards. Not sure if those will be longer.

All 3 quests are quite short. Maybe 15 minutes each if you read all the dialogue.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's short. Probably the lowest effort/most routine event storyline they've done yet so I'm glad it was short. It was the kind of story you'd get if you asked an AI to write a genshin event quest.

The new minigames were actually neat though, rhythm game was too easy but it least it had rhythm this time.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Running around a bit, feels like abyss is currently set up for mono-pyro + mono-hydro. Makes sense for making Lyney + Neuv look good, and then it just so happens that Xiangling and Yelan's bonkers kits are coming along for the ride, pretty much accidentally. And then there's the second "accidental" layer, of those teams being trivial to jostle into hyperbloom and vape. Wonder if they're setting things up for Neuvillette+Furina and Lyney+Arlecchino to be the designated "good teams." Might be neat, I guess...

Switched over to Koko+Yelan hyperbloom and Raiden national and it became pretty trivial, and Raiden was there mostly for the interrupt resistance and battery. Good old international also works as always, especially for the pyro side, and lets you run Xingqiu+Yelan on the hydro side. Other than that, the Klee team that I use for domains and bosses (Klee/Kazuha/Zhongli/Bennett) also kleens up pretty efficiently, but that's to be expected in a Lyney abyss I guess :/

Oh oops I never tested pneumosia. Or taser :(

Uhhh, later.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Won the 50/50 at about 80 pulls since my last 5*, got Yelan.

So. Yelan / Yaoyao / Dendro MC with Deepwood / Shinobu?

Is Yelan's dash skill going to be useful for creating blooms quickly and en masse, or is it just for charging her burst?

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 2, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Been working on the least efficient possible Neuvillette farming, and the flat rolls are truly destroying me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Won the 50/50 at about 80 pulls since my last 5*, got Yelan.

So. Yelan / Yaoyao / Dendro MC with Deepwood / Shinobu?

Is Yelan's dash skill going to be useful for creating blooms quickly and en masse, or is it just for charging her burst?

Yelan’s dash skill scales really high, and is used for one shotting groups of peeps.her hydro application is ok, but nothin compared to the loads of other hydro characters. You’ll be using her to vape or just as a damage support from her burst.

You’re better off using xq for hydro application in a bloom, or a hydro catalyst user.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Yelan’s dash skill scales really high, and is used for one shotting groups of peeps.her hydro application is ok, but nothin compared to the loads of other hydro characters. You’ll be using her to vape or just as a damage support from her burst.

You’re better off using xq for hydro application in a bloom, or a hydro catalyst user.

My Hydro characters are Xingqiu, Barbara and Yelan. So if Yelan is #3 of 3 when it comes to hyperbloom contributions, I find myself wondering why I tried so hard to get her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

My Hydro characters are Xingqiu, Barbara and Yelan. So if Yelan is #3 of 3 when it comes to hyperbloom contributions, I find myself wondering why I tried so hard to get her.

I consider her to honestly be one of, if not the most, powerful characters in the game. She’s not going to be surpassed anytime soon. She’s just not the best for huperbloom. Well, she is, but as the 4th in a nahida/baizhu, xingqiu, shinobu team.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fair enough, then. I'm missing Nahida/docboy from that squad. Since the outside sites seem to be mockable when it comes to suggesting builds, how should I build (and build around) her to get access to that power?

At present, I have her with Favonius Warbow for ER, a 220% ER to get her burst around faster, and 4x Emblem. But this is early days and I can easily rearrange/farm for pieces.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

delfin posted:

Fair enough, then. I'm missing Nahida/docboy from that squad. Since the outside sites seem to be mockable when it comes to suggesting builds, how should I build (and build around) her to get access to that power?

At present, I have her with Favonius Warbow for ER, a 220% ER to get her burst around faster, and 4x Emblem. But this is early days and I can easily rearrange/farm for pieces.

https://keqingmains.com/q/yelan-quickguide/

Don't think anything of note's changed since.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

MoonCrab posted:

Running around a bit, feels like abyss is currently set up for mono-pyro + mono-hydro. Makes sense for making Lyney + Neuv look good, and then it just so happens that Xiangling and Yelan's bonkers kits are coming along for the ride, pretty much accidentally. And then there's the second "accidental" layer, of those teams being trivial to jostle into hyperbloom and vape. Wonder if they're setting things up for Neuvillette+Furina and Lyney+Arlecchino to be the designated "good teams." Might be neat, I guess...

Switched over to Koko+Yelan hyperbloom and Raiden national and it became pretty trivial, and Raiden was there mostly for the interrupt resistance and battery. Good old international also works as always, especially for the pyro side, and lets you run Xingqiu+Yelan on the hydro side. Other than that, the Klee team that I use for domains and bosses (Klee/Kazuha/Zhongli/Bennett) also kleens up pretty efficiently, but that's to be expected in a Lyney abyss I guess :/

Oh oops I never tested pneumosia. Or taser :(

Uhhh, later.

Yeah easy 36 star Abyss this cycle, especially compared to the last few which I could barely 33 star

Nahida/XQ/Kuki/Yelan first team, Raiden/XL/Bennett/Kazuha second team for all the floors, didn't break a sweat

Sorta proves that mono-pyro teams are really not worth the effort

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is the 2-piece Marechausse Hunter artifact set worthwhile for Hu Tao? On paper 4-piece CW should be better than 2-piece CW and 2-piece Hunter:

15% vaporize dmg + 7.5% pyro dmg > 15% charged/normal attack dmg
But numbers stack weird when you have so many modifiers and the order of those calculations is a mystery. :shrug: 7.5% pyro dmg doesn't translate to 7.5% more damage when it's a flat addition on top of the existing 94.6% pyro dmg.

The 4-piece Hunter seems like a waste since she only loses HP on skill activation and only gains HP on burst. Neither of those things happen enough to make a 5s buff appealing. My Hu Tao has eons of investment in her current build and it would be hard to improve unless the new set provided a substantial boost. Mind you there's always a tradeoff in balancing overall stats vs. picking artifacts with the best substats. This is a nicely tuned build with the right amount of everything.

I use 2-piece CW on Hu Tao because when I last tested her damage she was getting equivalent vape damage to 4-piece CW with significantly better mono-pyro damage. So perhaps 2-piece hunter isn't the ideal theoretical set but practically speaking it's probably an upgrade over 2-piece millelith yeah?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Is the 2-piece Marechausse Hunter artifact set worthwhile for Hu Tao? On paper 4-piece CW should be better than 2-piece CW and 2-piece Hunter:

15% vaporize dmg + 7.5% pyro dmg > 15% charged/normal attack dmg
But numbers stack weird when you have so many modifiers and the order of those calculations is a mystery. :shrug: 7.5% pyro dmg doesn't translate to 7.5% more damage when it's a flat addition on top of the existing 94.6% pyro dmg.

The 4-piece Hunter seems like a waste since she only loses HP on skill activation and only gains HP on burst. Neither of those things happen enough to make a 5s buff appealing. My Hu Tao has eons of investment in her current build and it would be hard to improve unless the new set provided a substantial boost. Mind you there's always a tradeoff in balancing overall stats vs. picking artifacts with the best substats. This is a nicely tuned build with the right amount of everything.

I use 2-piece CW on Hu Tao because when I last tested her damage she was getting equivalent vape damage to 4-piece CW with significantly better mono-pyro damage. So perhaps 2-piece hunter isn't the ideal theoretical set but practically speaking it's probably an upgrade over 2-piece millelith yeah?
In your case millelith should be better even before the 33% below half health dmg buff, because not counting millelith you have about +100% extra health and +100% dmg (due to dragons bane, 2CW, and pyro cup). Millelith is +20% on top of a ~200% base value and 2maru is +15% on top of a ~200% base value so millelith should win. Probably a 2 crit roll difference or so between the two sets so if you get better maruchessee pieces test them out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh man, I just realized that Charlotte and Wroithesley are both gonna hold TCG in a tag team backbreaker.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
Is Deyha good yet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean if you want her to be a dps unit shes never going to be one but they made a second unit shes a usable defensive option for

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mega Mekka Melee feels like a mid patch event from the last couple arcs (example: "I am a quirky scientist from Fontaine come to Inazuma/Sumeru with my straight man assistant here who will never complete his research on time and face jail from our esteemed Archon :elon: unless you the traveler of the fighting help me by completely these 7 segmented battle trials with this buff gimmick I came up with" END STORY) taken and stretched out as much as possible (so not very much) into a 3 week flagship event so that they can have the usual assortment of goodies and a crown of insight to pass off to the player. It is what it is I guess in that the characters of Fontaine aren't built up enough yet to base an event around them yet they want to have the events centered around the new region.

To be quiet honest though I thought the last exploration based event was going to be the main one for this patch so the whole thing came as a surprise to me since I figured they just weren't really going to have one this patch even though they still kind of didn't anyway. It's weird having a flagship main patch event that only has like 30 minutes or so of story and a few quick events, when usually 30 minute is like a single part.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Are the polar star and vortex vanquisher both quality general use 5* weapons? They both look like they are decent as general purpose. Vortex vanquisher could go on Hu Tao, Raiden, XL, etc. Polar Star would work with Tighnari, Fischl, Faruzan.

I'm sitting on 352 wishes with another upcoming character banner pair I'm gonna pass on. I think I can afford to grab a 5* weapon for once. I've only spent 144 wishes on weapon banners out of 2,410 total wishes. Lyney's bow also looks good and while I do have a c1 Yelan I honestly kinda like having an r5 Favonius bow on Yelan so I'm not so keen on getting a signature bow that's only useful for Yelan. I'll probably lose the weapon banner 50/50 but that's also fine I just want something that's not another skyward spine.

FiftyFour posted:

Is Deyha good yet?
Deyha is weirdly good at the Severed Fate domain clears. Also her A4 works underwater which makes her the most useful underwater warrior especially with The Bell equipped. :shobon:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sanctum posted:

Are the polar star and vortex vanquisher both quality general use 5* weapons? They both look like they are decent as general purpose. Vortex vanquisher could go on Hu Tao, Raiden, XL, etc. Polar Star would work with Tighnari, Fischl, Faruzan.

vortex vanquisher is fine enough, better if you have a good shielder like zhongli (but oddly not on zhongli himself). there's almost always going to be a better weapon for the use case but it'll work until you get something better I think.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

I'm sitting on 352 wishes with another upcoming character banner pair I'm gonna pass on. I think I can afford to grab a 5* weapon for once. I've only spent 144 wishes on weapon banners out of 2,410 total wishes. Lyney's bow also looks good and while I do have a c1 Yelan I honestly kinda like having an r5 Favonius bow on Yelan so I'm not so keen on getting a signature bow that's only useful for Yelan. I'll probably lose the weapon banner 50/50 but that's also fine I just want something that's not another skyward spine.

Deyha is weirdly good at the Severed Fate domain clears. Also her A4 works underwater which makes her the most useful underwater warrior especially with The Bell equipped. :shobon:

Vortex Vanquisher is one of the worst (as is the entore geo series), the only characters who can use it decently are Xiao (and its still worse than PJWS on him) and Shenhe (and its no better than spine on her). Aqua simulacra is much more generically useful than Vanquisher and is very close to First Great Magic in 2pyro lyney teams (my preferred configuration). Vanquisher is especially bad on tao because she doesnt scale well with atk.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 4, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
New battle event, and it's kind of brutal. I tried Desperate difficulty a few times before finishing it, literally with no time left on the clock. I don't have the heart to try Steadfast.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

delfin posted:

New battle event, and it's kind of brutal. I tried Desperate difficulty a few times before finishing it, literally with no time left on the clock. I don't have the heart to try Steadfast.

I found Desperate to be not an issue, but Steadfast I couldn’t beat the last enemies in time. I think for that it might need brute whale force or actually using the ousia mechanics as intended (I’ve been ignoring that outside of puzzles).

Luckily it doesn’t really matter - the pittance of rewards is virtually nothing for the highest difficulty (like 4 upgrade crystals iirc), which is weird but typical; oh well, it will be useful as a mode to check team damage i think.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

rio posted:

I found Desperate to be not an issue, but Steadfast I couldn’t beat the last enemies in time. I think for that it might need brute whale force or actually using the ousia mechanics as intended (I’ve been ignoring that outside of puzzles).

Is there some trick to the two mechas at the end -- the one with the big whirly dash attack in particular? Because they seem to have a metric ton of HP.

But as you noted, as long as I'm getting the gems out of this, that's enough.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Leaks suggest there will be a special bundle for sale at end of october 1280 genesis crystals for wings + furniture + 1000 primogems. https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...db2b975d7a1b0e9. So save crystals if you want.

Kale
May 14, 2010

rio posted:

Luckily it doesn’t really matter - the pittance of rewards is virtually nothing for the highest difficulty (like 4 upgrade crystals iirc), which is weird but typical; oh well, it will be useful as a mode to check team damage i think.

Yeah that last combat focused event you had to do in about 90 seconds had a purely for bragging rights level of rewards too. It gives the whales something to focus on cause they don't want to bury ultra rare upgrade item poo poo behind that stuff like say Final Fantasy Record Keeper did with it's ultra hard content. I tend to agree the the game could really use some ultra hard content with rewards for players to work towards over time though, which was clearly the intention with that sort of content in games like FFRK that I used to play. Just with the expectation that you won't be clearing that thing in the first or possibly even second month of it's release. They seem to be adamantly against establishing any sort of tiered player system with this game though and making players feel pressured to grind out artifacts or 5 star weapons and character builds in order to clear all available content though. :shrug:

Frankly at the same time I'm not sure how well it would go over if they were to do some sort of permanent high difficulty content with tiered rewards and then put like I don't know...a character costume, 5 star weapon, special weapon upgrade material, a fancy companion gadget behind it or something like Honkai Impact 3rd. Like a lot of people say they want permanent hard combat challenge end game content for years now, but I could just as easily see people that have only played Genshin and never had the "authentic gacha game experience" of being nickeled and dimed just beating their head against a really hard boss with a strict time limit (probably the way they'd do it, something like beat the boss in 5 minutes/3 minutes/90 seconds equals progressively better rewards) to complete the challenge or something for a few days and then just having a full force meltdown on twitter feedback over it "#FixDehya" style. It's a bit of a pandora's box I can't entirely blame them for not really wanting to open still at this point. Probably why I've been more forgiving about it than some when I consider all the factors and where it could go.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I find it hard to believe Aqua Simulacra is better than r5 Stringless on Fischl but that's what internet spreadsheet people say. 48% skill/burst dmg seems hard to beat with a measly 20% dmg bonus to nearby enemies and a higher base ATK.
Crit dmg vs EM I'd say both are equally useful.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's probably a case of one being multiplicative and the other being additive with a bonus you've already got, or something like that

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

88 crit dmg is much better than 165 EM in aggravate, not only because it's a higher raw stat count but because crit scales both the atk-based and em-based portions of the damage and atk/em only do one side of the equation. You need to hit extremely high values of crit (over 100/200) to start valuing atk or EM more. This is an oversimplification but with fischl's atk ascension stat it's roughly accurate. That being said Stringless is so good on Fischl to start with that Simulacra can probably deliver more value elsewhere not many bow units have a 4* that appropriate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

go for the yelan/lyney bow banner. both weapons are very good on basically any bow unit. vortex vanquisher is pretty mid and polar star is more niche than lyney and yelan's bows.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

I find it hard to believe Aqua Simulacra is better than r5 Stringless on Fischl but that's what internet spreadsheet people say. 48% skill/burst dmg seems hard to beat with a measly 20% dmg bonus to nearby enemies and a higher base ATK.
Crit dmg vs EM I'd say both are equally useful.

EM hits diminishing returns faster than crit damage, and there's way more allies that can provide EM buffs (Nahida, Dendro MC, Collei, Heizou, Kazuha, Albedo, C6 Diona, Sucrose, the instructor artifact set, a lot of the Sumeru weapons) than there are ways to buff crit damage (for Fischl, the only ally with a way to buff it is Sara's C6)

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

rio posted:

I don't believe you absolutely need divine blessings of the whale song to beat the first event challenge. It went all right with my Key-less Nilou/Nahida C0 team, at least. That said, my regular hyperbloom squad couldn't quite make it.

Note that this event does allow you to buff up with food first, so you can get a ton more crit and attack to help you over the edge. Maybe there's finally a reason to dig into that part of the bag menu!

darkgray fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 5, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Have people figured out fun, functional teams for Hydro MC or are they just a meme?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Have people figured out fun, functional teams for Hydro MC or are they just a meme?
theyre hydro so they can sort of function in hyperbloom or nilou teams, kind of, if you really want to use them. however both those teams would be better off using dendro mc instead.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I can't help but feel Fontaine's citizens surprising love for Furina and the fact that she's clearly just making/talking poo poo up and blustering as she's going along is a bit of a send up of all those public figures out there in a position of authority just winging it on a daily basis and clearly having no idea what they are doing and just getting by on sheer bluster and the knowledge that their flock of followers will do the necessary mental gymnastics to where they're always crushing it somehow. All she needs is a convenient scapegoat to blame every shortcoming or obvious slip up on really to complete the image of the stumbling bumbling failing upwards leader figure, but it almost seems like she doesn't need it and is able to bluster by all the same cause people are loving dumb.

I just really wasn't expecting that once I stumbled into things more and for the general mood to be that they found her embarrassing and a bad archon. I still can't wait to see her fighting style as I seriously can't predict how it's going to go down at all since so far they've played her off to be a complete coward, yet she's probably going to have to be the best at at least one thing in order to fit the Archon status and given that Hydro is seemingly the element of HP (Wind=physics manipulation, Geo=Shielding, Electro=Energy Recharge, Dendro=Elemental Master etc.) the obvious assumption is that it's going to have something to do with that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hydro and Fontaine's theme seems to be hp manipulation and the Archon is usually the plenipotentiary so I expect something like draining her and your team's hp while onfield to temporarily increase her damage, then healing the team when off field

Sort of a reverse Dehya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Event today's buildaround bonus is enormous. Play spread/aggaravate you might be surprised just how big your numbers get.