Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Can't believe Gorrell got so lazy he just turned in someone else's work. No, wait, I can totally believe he'd be that lazy. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Skios posted:

Side note: I bet this story will also come up in Sinfest somehow, probably with that pink-haired lizard teacher lady interrupting pronoun drills to send that kid from class.

So close, and so much worse

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
On that Bok, yes the Gerontocracy featuring known elder John Fetterman who is 54 years old. I agree Bok, no-one older than 50 should be in congress

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bok must be older than that yet still allowed to cartoon.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

John Fetterman is 54. Is GenX considered geriatric now?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

By popular demand posted:

Bok must be older than that yet still allowed to cartoon.

Per wikipedia, he is 71. He was almost legally an adult when Fetterman was born. I had no idea that was supposed to be Fetterman until I read the post. He drew a medieval friar.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Side note: I bet this story will also come up in Sinfest somehow, probably with that pink-haired lizard teacher lady interrupting pronoun drills to send that kid from class.

It's todays, but I'll leave it for Sinfest Sunday cus Sinfest more than once a week is actually cited, by name, in the Geneva Convention.

InsertPotPun posted:

"you're a hypocrite because you believe in b but not a. i'm a hero patriot because i believe in a but not b"

it's always obvious what they would do if the shoe was on the other foot but some of them just come out and say it. "it was just a harmless patch! not like those harmful patches i'll sue over!"

The point of conservative hypocrisy is to drive home the message that they're not bound by the same rules you are.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

axolotl farmer posted:

John Fetterman is 54. Is GenX considered geriatric now?

I think it's more that they're just desperate to lump Fetterman in with the "Dems who have bad brains" crowd, and glossing over the age part to squeeze him in.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Final Wasteland Time

Late Edition by Matt Bors

The Best-Laid Plans by Ben Passmore

Art for Art’s Sake by Niccolo Pizarro

Fair’s Unfair by Brian McFadden

Conversation Pit by Chelsea Saunders

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Guavanaut posted:

Conversation Pit by Chelsea Saunders

"Actually, you just couldn't think of a better world"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is this the AGC to end all AGCs or am I actually giving Stiglich too little credit?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
I always figured that Gary McCoy was the worst cartoonist on here because of his terrible views and having the artistic ability of a kindergardener, but lately Stiglich has really been jockeying for being the king of turd mountain.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

White supremacist killers by Cai Meng

Ignoring reality by SHI YU

Charlie Hebdo

Future kit for a homeless child
A sleeping bag
a house

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

JamesBont posted:

I always figured that Gary McCoy was the worst cartoonist on here because of his terrible views and having the artistic ability of a kindergardener, but lately Stiglich has really been jockeying for being the king of turd mountain.

Yeah, at this point I think it's McCoy, Branco, and Stiglich racing to the bottom.

Chuck Asay will always be history's greatest villain in my heart, but you can't deny the man had talent. He just actively chose to use it for evil.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Heck even Dees had talent, but more importantly his madness was at least entertaining to behold.
These shithead Republican shills got absolutely no principles and consequently I believe, no creativity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If Goombama’s Daddy has retired, then worst artist who has an actual job is Kirschen.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, at this point I think it's McCoy, Branco, and Stiglich racing to the bottom.

Chuck Asay will always be history's greatest villain in my heart, but you can't deny the man had talent. He just actively chose to use it for evil.

As bad as they all are, if retirees/people who got fired count then I think we're committing a grievous error in overlooking Delonas. My god how the simmering contempt for literally everything under the sun just dripped off his every work, and somehow doubly so when the target was a woman or minority or other popular target of rightwing shitheads.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

As bad as they all are, if retirees/people who got fired count then I think we're committing a grievous error in overlooking Delonas. My god how the simmering contempt for literally everything under the sun just dripped off his every work, and somehow doubly so when the target was a woman or minority or other popular target of rightwing shitheads.

I was surprised to discover that 20 years ago a communist magazine (Commentary) actually praised Delonas.

hooman posted:

Ah, I had missed that happening in the barrage of news, thank you.

You're welcome.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 1, 2023

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

He is up there, but I got to say Kirschen, just because his cartoons straight up called for ethnic cleansing. If we are counting conduct as a person, rather then just looking at their cartoons, then Leunig is the biggest villain for sexually abusing his kid sister.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Grant Shapps becoming the defence secretary – The Rishi Sunak loyalist has been handed the critical role despite his limited first-hand exposure to foreign affairs and defence and security matters"

Telegraph:

Why Sunak has played it safe with Shapps as Defence Secretary

Matt:

Lockdown returns as schools shut over fears of collapse

Independent:

Grant Shapps replaces Ben Wallace as defence secretary – but top military brass ask if he’s up to the job

Times:

Grant Shapps says he’ll ‘fight for the military’ as defence secretary

Evening Standard:

School buildings in England to be closed over concrete safety fears ahead of new term

Stephen Collins:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Air fryer conversation
That reminds me, it's been awhile since I used my air fryer. I should do up some wings in it.
Air fryer conversation

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sous Vide is the bourgeois version of this phenomenon

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I dont know posted:

He is up there, but I got to say Kirschen, just because his cartoons straight up called for ethnic cleansing. If we are counting conduct as a person, rather then just looking at their cartoons, then Leunig is the biggest villain for sexually abusing his kid sister.

Don't forget Mike Lester, the wife beater. drat, I somehow forgot about him! He's also in the mix for the worst.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Pants Donkey posted:

Sous Vide is the bourgeois version of this phenomenon

Combine the two for the best results and the most insufferable conversations!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dirk the Average posted:

Combine the two for the best results and the most insufferable conversations!

*portly suburban dad rolls up in unnecessarily huge pickup truck*

"Hey, have I told you about my new smoker?!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Stop threatening me with a good time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dude there are subtypes of this group. My dad went to a convention for the big green egg. Yes, a convention for one BRAND of smoker. It’s a borderline cult.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So I just need to start hanging around roads holding a sign reading: "WILL ENGAGE IN FOOD MAKING GADGET FOR SEVERAL HOURS" to get into some long food conversations?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Pants Donkey posted:

Dude there are subtypes of this group. My dad went to a convention for the big green egg. Yes, a convention for one BRAND of smoker. It’s a borderline cult.

I have no problem at all believing that.

So I just need to start hanging around roads holding a sign reading: "WILL ENGAGE IN FOOD MAKING GADGET FOR SEVERAL HOURS" to get into some long food conversations?

Oh don't worry about that, just stand in the proximity of any of the types mentioned above and silently count backward from thirty.

If that doesn't work, say something like, "so, is that a [SPECIFIC GADGET TYPE] I see there?" and they'll be off with no stopping them. Still no luck? The nuclear option is "I was thinking about getting a [SPECIFIC GADGET TYPE]..." and they won't be able to resist filling the next hour(s) with gadget chat.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Captain_Maclaine posted:

i once made a smoker out of a terracotta pot and a hot plate. cooked steaks to perfection

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pants Donkey posted:

My dad has one and it is a solid piece of equipment that can be used to make really good food. But like you said there are people for whom owning one is the entirety of their personality. I used to work with a guy who used verbal aikido to turn any conversation, no matter what it was previously about into Big Green Egg talk.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I want to get a sous vide, but they're pricy for a decent one.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Randalor posted:

I want to get a sous vide, but they're pricy for a decent one.

Wait until Black Friday or another sale to pick one up cheaper. We did that a few years ago and have been happy using it with steaks, thick pork chops, and the like

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Pants Donkey posted:

Look, you don't need to call me out that specifically for having a green egg, an air fryer, and a sous vide. And I'll pre-empt your next guess, which is that yes I also brew beer and make wine.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Heck even Dees had talent, but more importantly his madness was at least entertaining to behold.

I honestly don't think it's even fair to compare Dees to the usual right-wing hacks in this thread. Dude clearly had some severe mental illness issues.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Coalmine approvals in Australia this year could add 150m tonnes of CO2 to atmosphere (Guardian).

Rowe:

Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest, with Albanese and Qantas CEO Alan Joyce. As senior executives depart Andrew Forrest’s Fortescue mining, shareholders are left asking: what is going on? (Guardian).

Kudelka:

Golding 1:

On Qantas being investigated for allowing bookings for non-existent flights.

Golding 2:

Walkley Foundation reviews sponsorship policy as climate boycott heats up (SMH). Jon Kudelka has started a boycott of the Walkley awards due to their Ampol sponsorship and all the leftish-to-centre-mostly-not-poo poo-opinion cartoonists have signed up, so the nominations for best cartoonist this year are likely to be dire.

Moir:

Katauskas:

"If you don't know, vote no" is a main slogan from No.

Shakespeare:

Leak, Son of Leak:

One of the arguments for Yes is how it will damage our international standing if we vote No so this is a counter to that "lol no-one gives a poo poo about us".

Leunig:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Wait until Black Friday or another sale to pick one up cheaper. We did that a few years ago and have been happy using it with steaks, thick pork chops, and the like

Yeah, sous vide is awesome

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Oh, I know this one. It's the boomer that's been stealing your wages for years.

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

In the other lane, the Trump-horse is sprawled on the ground in a pile of burgers.

Jack Ohman

Ann Telnaes

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Golding 1:

On Qantas being investigated for allowing bookings for non-existent flights.

Jesus, that copypaste job. Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Lisa Benson

Oh, I know this one. It's the boomer that's been stealing your wages for years.

I like how every time 'Shoplifting is just so bad, we have no choice to pull out of the area' comes up, it's always eventually revealed that the staff at that particular location just happened to be working on unionising.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting