Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I still support CM Punk. I also don't watch wrestling other than live shows I go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1697566526143135798?t=LGsKDT5idU_05E0lbBSXyw&s=19

Punk heard Perry's explanation and thought he was making a dig at his excuse for shooting on Hangman in Greensboro.

I admit to being a CM Punk enjoyer, but honestly, I just want him to gently caress off at this point. It must be loving exhausting for everyone else to have to constantly walk on eggshells around him, lest his royal highness feel the slightest bit of offense at the world's tiniest, most perceived slight possibly directed at him only in his imagination leading to more CM PUNK DRAMA backstage. It's obvious he's never going to get over himself at this point, since he's evidently been like this all the way into his mid-40s, so what's the alternative other than loving off or periodically getting elbowed in the dick by Kojima?

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Look in my eyes
What do you see?
CM Punk needs therapy

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

HonorableTB posted:

a good friend of mine is convinced all of the punk drama is a work. He was convinced MJF was a work (well, I guess it was? I didn't think it started out that way though), he was convinced the Rosa-Britt heat was a work (because they turned it into one for the reality show, I guess?), and he will absolutely not be convinced that the Punk stuff is anything but a work.

I get why he thinks that but also like, it's very frustrating. He's not even a punk fan, he just has a very serious case of wrestling brain

Ask him this: "Let's say it IS a work, just like last year's pot-presser scuffle and suspensions were a work to cover for his bicep injury. If this is so, how come it's always involving Punk or revolving entirely around him? Better yet, how is it that heel stables don't have similar drama and "works" revolving around them? When was the last time you heard scandal gossip about the Outcasts or House of Black or Blackpool Combat Club?"

See what he says.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
You would hope that having even one of his oldest friends in wrestling Ssmoa Joe seemingly being tired of his poo poo would be a wake up call but he's going to get the Colt Cabana treatment now

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
CM Punk = Opie

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Generico posted:

CM Punk = Opie

Tony Khan = Aunt Bee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

CM Punk = Opie

:stonk:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
TK is Barney Fife

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Roderick Strong is Jon Arbuckle

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
*extremely jon arbuckle voice* AAAAAADDAAMMMMM

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm so thankful for this place if for no other reason than I don't think anyone here is actually still defending Punk at this point.

Like holy poo poo what a loser.

Give it a week. The main AEW thread is going to be dominated by people doing mental gymnastics to defend Punk and making sure to discourage any negative Punk sentiment the same way AEW confiscates anti-Punk signs lol.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The main thread makes fun of punk too lol but I don't blame them for not wanting punkchat to keep dominating the thread flow on account of the big wet boy can't stop assaulting his coworkers and some people want to talk about non-punk things that happened during the rest of the five hours of wrestling that happened each week

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
punk wandering aimlessly backstage, constantly rotating his perfectly round glass smooth brain about every comment to see if someone has a problem

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm so thankful for this place if for no other reason than I don't think anyone here is actually still defending Punk at this point.

Like holy poo poo what a loser.

I know more about CM Punk than most people alive, I had a CM Punk avatar here for years after getting a red text for defending Punk, barely, that was so funny I immortalised it. Earlier this yeah I said I turned the corner and AEW now had enough juice to bring back Punk following Brawl Out for purely financial reasons.

I've given up on the daft bastard. The man needs therapy but won't get it and that is not sympathetic to me because your poo poo might not be your fault but it sure as gently caress is your obligation.

And if he tries to say Straight Edge dogma overrules then guess what your dogma is poo poo, and your piety of cleanliness by abstinence instead just emphasises your condescension.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I've had friends and dated people like Punk, right down to that their politics in a vacuum is great and allied, and they hold that nobility as righteousness which is fine. Until you get to realise they are human mine fields and that if you don't back them 100% even when they are being straight up abusive they will hammer down on you like a million bricks. It's toxic and horrible to experience because, and Punk explicitly does this, they will always state their behaviour is just a smoke screen by their enemies who can't concede they have the moral highground.

Right now Punk is still claiming he was right to choke and attack Perry because Perry shot on him over a glass spot that in Punk's own mind was protecting a young worker from injury and probably a level of paternalistic "don't do what I did" as when he was Perry's age he was working hour long TLCs with Chris Hero and bloodbaths with Raven.

And now he's not a Young Turk upstart yelling at the emperor but finds himself saying all the right political things and not realising you can both be progressive and a loving rear end in a top hat.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Punk is what brought me to aew (along with forums poster graph evangelizing at me for a while) and i now think punk sucks bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Give it a week. The main AEW thread is going to be dominated by people doing mental gymnastics to defend Punk and making sure to discourage any negative Punk sentiment the same way AEW confiscates anti-Punk signs lol.

that sucks dog dick.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How do you lunge at your boss and not get fired?

Also what did Joe say that calmed Punk enough to do that match and have him look a little happy after the match?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cm punk is in the doghouse

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Arf arf

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Get through this and then do what you want with the rest of your life, or go through with quitting now and I make sure the rest of your life is measured in seconds, not years/decades"

Punk's been consistent about backing off or undermining as "jokes" the times he actually starts poo poo with someone who could wreck him, and he's absolutely known/respected Joe for long enough to not gently caress with him

One of the things all sides agree on about this situation is Joe was pissed after hearing about Punk trying to bail and thus risking Joe missing out on his first (and potential only) big Wembley match

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TV Zombie posted:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Wrestlenomics released a report that CM Punk was the #1 merch mover for AEW in August lol

How do you fire the guy at your glorified t-shirt company who manages to move the most t-shirts

(Seriously, it probably boils down to contracts. Genuine lol if they really do have him on-camera yelling "I QUIT" at TK though)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Peanut President posted:

they're the same person

If the boots fit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JethroMcB posted:

How do you fire the guy at your glorified t-shirt company who manages to move the most t-shirts

(Seriously, it probably boils down to contracts. Genuine lol if they really do have him on-camera yelling "I QUIT" at TK though)

by kicking him the gently caress out the door

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lid posted:

I've had friends and dated people like Punk, right down to that their politics in a vacuum is great and allied, and they hold that nobility as righteousness which is fine. Until you get to realise they are human mine fields and that if you don't back them 100% even when they are being straight up abusive they will hammer down on you like a million bricks. It's toxic and horrible to experience because, and Punk explicitly does this, they will always state their behaviour is just a smoke screen by their enemies who can't concede they have the moral highground.

Right now Punk is still claiming he was right to choke and attack Perry because Perry shot on him over a glass spot that in Punk's own mind was protecting a young worker from injury and probably a level of paternalistic "don't do what I did" as when he was Perry's age he was working hour long TLCs with Chris Hero and bloodbaths with Raven.

And now he's not a Young Turk upstart yelling at the emperor but finds himself saying all the right political things and not realising you can both be progressive and a loving rear end in a top hat.

cm punk is a fuckboy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Seams posted:

cm punk is in the doghouse

He's staying at Ace Steel's place?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

TV Zombie posted:

Also what did Joe say that calmed Punk enough to do that match and have him look a little happy after the match?

get your win back phil. what would triple H do

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

You can get away with a lot of things when your boss is your biggest fanboy.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Lid posted:

This is kind of where I am with him as well. It's weird, because I like some of the stuff Punk preaches about (Trans rights, workers rights etc) but it feels like he's doing it just so he can say he's on the right side of history without doing the leg work to back those words up.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

nexas posted:

Ever since Punk came back I noticed less of Danhausen on AEW. Almost like Punk was forcing him off the card. :tinfoil:

Danhausen tore his pec back in March, he hopefully will be back soon.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
A source close to CM Punk was quoted as saying "and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the wrestling observer that i got mad."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cm, no!

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

nexas posted:

This is kind of where I am with him as well. It's weird, because I like some of the stuff Punk preaches about (Trans rights, workers rights etc) but it feels like he's doing it just so he can say he's on the right side of history without doing the leg work to back those words up.
I've wondered if it's a bit weird of him to point to the trans rights sign while he's working heel, but I am just an empty headed gently caress.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Say what you want about CM Punk but with his short fuse, narrow mindedness and proclivity for violence he could definitely manage a Target

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Punk has earned the lifetime perma from AEW, while we appreciate some of his contributions, the promotion is in no way equipped to help him with his obvious severe personality disorders and anti social nonsense

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

keithy george posted:

I've wondered if it's a bit weird of him to point to the trans rights sign while he's working heel, but I am just an empty headed gently caress.

He isn't working heel. He thinks he's being Cena. It's the same thing as Cody trying to have his cake and eat it.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Gaz-L posted:

He isn't working heel. He thinks he's being Cena. It's the same thing as Cody trying to have his cake and eat it.
I thought he was trying to be Hogan and hot dog his way though the growing amount of boos he was getting from week to week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Punk being booked like a face while heeling up to either a hostile or mixed crowd was so bizarre. Everyone insisting he was going to turn heel any time now just reminded me of Cody all over again.