Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Just got second set of credits, I guess that means I’m
officially in the expansion now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

time to kick some catholic elves in the dick

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

That Little Demon posted:

loving chud rear end nazi

ah, the thing you got upset about and brigaded the thread with recently is okay for you to do now because it's ironic ha ha

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

God Hole posted:

ah, the thing you got upset about and brigaded the thread with recently is okay for you to do now because it's ironic ha ha

……brigaded?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Just got second set of credits, I guess that means I’m
officially in the expansion now

enjoy the fancy new voices

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

SirSamVimes posted:

enjoy the fancy new voices

I already am. Also I started the expansion at level 60 so I gave a ton of class quests already back to back I guess.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

God Hole posted:

The one man brigade

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

The one man brigade

he has trusts, op

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The white mage class questline sucks and is mega boring also

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
On the positive side, the new zones so far look loving fantastic compared to ARR. Reminds me more of FF12 and a mix of gothic architecture, sort of like Dark / Demons Souls which seems they were inspired by design wise

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

The white mage class questline sucks and is mega boring also

Have you scrubbed that taint up good and hard yet?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mainwaring posted:

Have you scrubbed that taint up good and hard yet?

lol exactly

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I still think the WHM was some of the worst quests I ever did for any job.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All the WHM questlines cover the same drat plot beats and unlike WAR (which does the same thing) it's not nearly as charming.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I remember whm stormblood quests being mostly fine if not special. I don't remember the arr or heavenward quests at all which is probably indictive (apart from my wol striking silly poses with captions about cleansing my taint)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

All the WHM-specific plotlines are pretty boring but I did really enjoy the ShB healer plotline.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Main thing I found annoying about WHM quests (just finished the Stormblood ones) was then duties said "heal this person" and I had Bene and the game still sat there waiting because they'd just put it on a timer trigger instead of life total. The level 70 one was the worst, guy just kept circling for three minutes when I had nothing to do because I'd bought a tomestone weapon before doing it and everything exploded.

Aqua
Mar 24, 2004
NukeZone Mod
I had stormblood and previous expacs on the PS4, but have since migrated over to PC. What's the most cost effective way for me to get back into the game to see whether I want to stick at it?

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

If you make a new squeenix account you can play free up to level 60. The free trial lets you play up through Heavensward if I remember right. If you decide you want to stick with it buy Endwalker for your existing account, which includes all the expansions up to that point.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Doctor Yiff posted:

If you make a new squeenix account you can play free up to level 60. The free trial lets you play up through Heavensward if I remember right. If you decide you want to stick with it buy Endwalker for your existing account, which includes all the expansions up to that point.

The free trial expansion to level 70 comes with 6.5 in a month, right?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ojjeorago posted:

The free trial expansion to level 70 comes with 6.5 in a month, right?
Ayup.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

I already am. Also I started the expansion at level 60 so I gave a ton of class quests already back to back I guess.

You'll get blocked at some point since zones are locked behind the story and most? Of the class quests use some of the later zones.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bruceski posted:

Main thing I found annoying about WHM quests (just finished the Stormblood ones) was then duties said "heal this person" and I had Bene and the game still sat there waiting because they'd just put it on a timer trigger instead of life total. The level 70 one was the worst, guy just kept circling for three minutes when I had nothing to do because I'd bought a tomestone weapon before doing it and everything exploded.

My pet peeve with healer job quests is that they never put the NPCs in your party, so the AoE heals don't work, and if the fight is chaotic it's hard to tell which NPCs actually need healing because you don't have the party box.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Going through NG+ so I can remember what happened in this game and also figure out how to play Monk again after the post SHB set of changes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Antivehicular posted:

My pet peeve with healer job quests is that they never put the NPCs in your party, so the AoE heals don't work, and if the fight is chaotic it's hard to tell which NPCs actually need healing because you don't have the party box.

Stormblood WHM quests do, at least. Didn't notice earlier because I assumed they wouldn't.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thanks to ocean fishing I had Fisher to level 60 before I was done with ARR. The job quests were trying to send me to zones I couldn't go to. But at least I could travel without being attacked anywhere I could reach.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tekopo posted:

I still think the WHM was some of the worst quests I ever did for any job.
At least the CNJ questline is funny. "It's called a HEEEEALER, I want to HEEEEAL people, you don't pay my sub!"

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I was terrified of healing at first, but now that I have learned the forbidden technique of 'Regen the tank+Medica II occasionally' I can just switch my brain off and throw rocks/flashbangs at people.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i never played healer before ffxiv and it made me fall in love with the archetype. once i realized you ain't gotta keep em full, you just gotta keep em not empty, it was all good.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Been playing a bit of sage and while it's fun to shoot lasers at enemies to feed the tank handfuls of aspirin I think I find it a bit more stressful than I remember WHM being. Doesn't seem to have as many consistently big "press this to do large heals" buttons.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Bloody Pom posted:

I was terrified of healing at first, but now that I have learned the forbidden technique of 'Regen the tank+Medica II occasionally' I can just switch my brain off and throw rocks/flashbangs at people.

Wait until you get into the advanced healer strats of using neither of those.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Nope it's all about being proactive with shields. you have a couple of panic buttons but the real keys are crit shields (the class improves vastly once you're critted out at 90 imo) and cycling all your CDs. [pan]haima is so strong

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kazinsal posted:

Been playing a bit of sage and while it's fun to shoot lasers at enemies to feed the tank handfuls of aspirin I think I find it a bit more stressful than I remember WHM being. Doesn't seem to have as many consistently big "press this to do large heals" buttons.

That’s because sage, like scholar, is much more of a shield healer. Mitigating damage is most important.

AST and WHM are your regen plus big heals team.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sage can't really do the white mage thing of playing chicken with benediction, you need to keep people reasonably healthy since you can't just press a couple of buttons to refill everyone's healthbars

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jonny 290 posted:

i never played healer before ffxiv and it made me fall in love with the archetype. once i realized you ain't gotta keep em full, you just gotta keep em not empty, it was all good.
:hmmyes:

Your job is not to keep them at full health, your job is to keep them alive, and that includes killing the things hurting them.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

someone hasn't seen the light of a zoe boosted pneuma

funny thing is that at higher levels sage really doesn't shield a lot, at least below savage level content (and even then less than you'd think). you've got mits and regens and instant spot heals pouring out of every orifice, often on the same button. sure, (pan)haima do work but they're on a 2m timer.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
its a shame post ARR spoilers early HW spoilers they didn't have the balls to keep all these people dead and stick to their guns with the great ending to ARR

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Oneiros posted:

funny thing is that at higher levels sage really doesn't shield a lot

expectation: okay everybody's calling sge a 'shield healer'. i'll try one out! Sounds neat
reality: "your two most effective heals outside of your 90 button are regens. if i catch you casting euk diag in a fight im calling the police"

that being said, i've switched back to sch for the weekend to get it some levels and dear god it's easier to set the tank up with a shield with sge. adlo is such a pain in the rear end

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SGE has placeable mit, so I'd call it a shield healer just for that, let alone for all the shield buttons it has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
SCH and SGE "shield" heal is more Sacred Soil and Kerachole than Adloquium and Eukrasian Diagnosis. The yellow HP shields you get from Adlo/Succor/Eukrasian Diagnosis/Prognosis are all supplanted by a wide variety of other oGCDs and the fact that Soil and Kerachole 10% mit+regen is so strong.

WHM and AST probably have more uptime on yellow HP on single targets than SCH/SGE because of Benison and Intersection.