Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

An 80% work week has done wonders for my well-being. I recommend it to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Last year I increased my day rate by 20% and then told the owner I would only be available for 3 days a week instead of 4 from now on. Self employment can be very satisfying sometimes (not tax month).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

I admit I'd rather do 2 8 hour days if we're doing that.

Four workdays of eight hours each, then ten consecutive days off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KatiePetZim/status/1697924245731295420?s=20

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

sebmojo posted:

I have a million streaming things but the first and best answer to how can I watch x is generally pirate bay

I'll watch a show or movie on one of the streaming services I have access to as long as it's available to make sure it gets view credits but if it's something I like enough to make sure I can watch whenever I'll torrent it because streaming companies have proven that tax write downs are far more important than a compelling library.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As someone who hates the music of Jimmy Buffet, I picked the wrong weekend to spend in Key West.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
divine punishment for a heathen such as you

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Four workdays of eight hours each, then ten consecutive days off.

:hmmyes:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

EL BROMANCE posted:

As someone who hates the music of Jimmy Buffet, I picked the wrong weekend to spend in Key West.

You deserve it imo.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm surprised that's even moving the needle on frequency down there.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Soysaucebeast posted:

My work piloted 4x10s on my shift and even with it still being 40 hours I love it. It's only an extra two hours a day for a whole extra day off and I love that trade. We get to work from home two of those days too, so i don't even have to worry about a commute most of the time. Now if we would just stop having people popping out babies constantly so we could be fully staffed, it would basically be a perfect job.

Way back I worked 3x14 with 4 days off. I thought it’d be worth it for the double-length weekend every week but it absolutely wasn’t. The first day of the 4-day weekend was intense recovery from exhaustion and the last day was intense dread at the coming days ahead.

I think the schedule could have been good in a corporate environment but this was factory work and utterly destroyed my body.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:frogsiren:

https://twitter.com/xenocryptsite/status/1697940135654916519?s=20

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Didn't Nixon used to get absolutely, freakishly, crazy trashed on pills and roam around the White House every night threatening to unleash nuclear war on, like, bellbottoms?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1697364887863795869

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7myzvOFiI&hd=1

looks like a good boy. definitely can't be allowed to drive around like that, though, looks like the whole drat car's gonna flip.

e: yeah seems like the owner was just like "gently caress my grandkid who said this was a bad idea, I'm gonna PROVE to them I can do it and it's not a bad idea" and then got told off by the cops when he drove it on the highway into a city
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/car-bull-named-howdy-doody-crammed-passenger-seat-pulled-nebraska-poli-rcna102719

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Sep 2, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pookah posted:

Didn't Nixon used to get absolutely, freakishly, crazy trashed on pills and roam around the White House every night threatening to unleash nuclear war on, like, bellbottoms?

not often I agree with nix but that sounds like a lot of fun

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pookah posted:

I mean, there's a bit in the tapes where Henry loving Kissinger has to talk Nixon out of nuking Vietnam. But like everyone in government was taking amphetamines back then.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, there's a bit in the tapes where Henry loving Kissinger has to talk Nixon out of nuking Vietnam. But like everyone in government was taking amphetamines back then.

They still are, but they were too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/morninggloria/status/1698048499521331332?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It doesn't even really sound like a buffet song imo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone who didn’t know obviously doesn’t watch Always Sunny, and they have no one other than themselves to blame.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

club dread had a good joke about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwt4fAMscDE

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Anyone who didn’t know obviously doesn’t watch Always Sunny, and they have no one other than themselves to blame.

you could say it's their own drat fault.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Dameius posted:

They still are, but they were too.

There's a thing in The Crown, which is extremely, shamefully, respectful of the Institutions, and it basically has Jackie Kennedy say that she and John F. were 100% hosed up on "vitamin injections" for the whole of his presidency.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pookah posted:

There's a thing in The Crown, which is extremely, shamefully, respectful of the Institutions, and it basically has Jackie Kennedy say that she and John F. were 100% hosed up on "vitamin injections" for the whole of his presidency.

IDK about Jackie, but it's a matter of record that John F. was. He was in chronic back pain all of his adult life. His doctor, who became a celebrity in his own right, was generally known as "Dr. Feelgood". His patient lists reads like a Who's Who of the 1960s.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

who became a celebrity in his own right, was generally known as "Dr. Feelgood".

I wouldn't take anything prescribed to me by any member Mötley Crüe

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/heyyitsjanea/status/1696174576818868318?t=Z3EXoiXwEfJUU9YOWER7ew&s=19

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So it’s exactly the same as owning a cat.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Weird, I wonder why more people don't keep wild animals in their house

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Because they're cowards

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

feedmyleg posted:

It's the monkey's house now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Never knew monkeys could be so lightfooted, just jumping off the TV and the showerhead without breaking them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Never knew monkeys could be so lightfooted, just jumping off the TV and the showerhead without breaking them.

It's running horizontally on the walls like it's no big deal. Very impressive, I hope the monkey is okay

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Warbird posted:

So it’s exactly the same as owning a cat.

except more malicious and with thumbs. Great idea for a pet really

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Biplane posted:

It's running horizontally on the walls like it's no big deal. Very impressive, I hope the monkey is okay

It's not. Somebody pulled its teeth to make it into a pet. Otherwise, the owner would be screaming in pain at all those bites.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's not. Somebody pulled its teeth to make it into a pet. Otherwise, the owner would be screaming in pain at all those bites.

Then what are all the white things in its mouth it's biting with?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The flat ones. The fun canines are not present.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is genuinely just a video of animal abuse.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Air Skwirl posted:

This is genuinely just a video of animal abuse.

It definitely sucks but the monkey is clearly winning

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

That video sucks so loving bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah gently caress that guy, deserves whatever the monkey gives him