Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The cruel irony. I picked up CSGO again and have been playing with my brother in law. I have about 90 hours split across about 30 hours the last 2 months or so, and a bunch of time in like 2017.

My brother in law has about 1700 hours strewn about over the last decade.

I got into the CS2 Limited Test last night. He didn't. Oh Valve...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Slotducks posted:

The cruel irony. I picked up CSGO again and have been playing with my brother in law. I have about 90 hours split across about 30 hours the last 2 months or so, and a bunch of time in like 2017.
I literally got the beta invite 5 minutes ago. Downloading now, I thought players in Oceania would not be invited but it seems that a new wave of players have been invited.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Budzilla posted:

I literally got the beta invite 5 minutes ago. Downloading now, I thought players in Oceania would not be invited but it seems that a new wave of players have been invited.

woo hoo just got the beta invite as well! Lets see how this looks on my old af ti 1060

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Cs2 good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

they named the fifth Counter-Strike game Counter-Strike 2

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Cs2 runs pretty well on a 970 :D

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

runod posted:

Cs2 runs pretty well on a 970 :D

I am running all on 2nd highest settings with 4msaa @1440p with 170FPS. We probably need a new thread. I can do a mild effort post for skins.

I played my first match and Inferno and Mirage were instantly banned by the other team. It feels different to CSGO but Valve will probably keep refining the game based on player feedback

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Inferno looks absolutely stunning.

Also drat it feels like they turned up the gore.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is there no clear decals button now? I didn't see it last night, though admittedly it was like 1 am

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
cl_cleardecals is the bind command I believe

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

No cl_righthand 0

Guess I'm never playing CS2 then

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I finally got into the beta and it’s really loving good

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
apparently all you need now is an mm rank, and invite should come along within 24h

I guess I'll play my first game of cs since... november?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Hey new game maybe this is your opportunity to stop using that lovely 4:3 resolution

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I just played the beta for 5 games after not playing in ~6 years because of how absurdly toxic the player base can be, winning or losing.

The game plays great and looks really pretty even with most of the graphic settings low for best performance, but of the 5 games I played every single one of them had multiple people just being edgelords / outright toxic that I didn't feel like using voice and that kind of defeats the purpose of CS. It's insane modern games don't insta-ban people for typing some words, yeah people would work around it but it's really frustrating to try and play a game that requires communication but constantly just have to hear the worst poo poo on the internet every game.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Just play goonmans, I swear we're not toxic.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Goonmans are the best way to play. Cs2 looks great and I'm excited for good vibes goonmans.

I shoot even worse in cs2 for some reason

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I haven't played a normal match in CS in probably 5 years if not longer. I have no expection I'll get a beta invite but man do I want one

And, i fully look forward to playing a goonman again. They were always such a fun time (unless Michael Scott was on your team)

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Unbound posted:

I should have read the first post better, trying to join now but enter chat room button isn't working on steam ahhhhhhh.

edit: I tried to join the steam group because the enter chat room button doesn't seem to work unless you're in the group already, even though I imagine that wasn't the case before? I may have something messing this all up, going to restart and try to figure it out. (steam name is 'internet 4.0 user').

faantastic fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 2, 2023

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

faantastic posted:

I just played the beta for 5 games after not playing in ~6 years because of how absurdly toxic the player base can be, winning or losing.
I solo queued for a few games and I didn't have that problem. Maybe you have a low trust factor? But the best option is to

Unbound posted:

ilmucche posted:

I shoot even worse in cs2 for some reason

I have had a few eyebrow raising shootouts where I unload half a clip of AK into a CT defusing a bomb less than 10m away and they turn around and kill me. It could be netcode at this stage - this game is in beta so I will blame that for the time being.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

faantastic posted:

I should have read the first post better, trying to join now but enter chat room button isn't working on steam ahhhhhhh.

edit: I tried to join the steam group because the enter chat room button doesn't seem to work unless you're in the group already, even though I imagine that wasn't the case before? I may have something messing this all up, going to restart and try to figure it out. (steam name is 'internet 4.0 user').

find the sub.io thread in PGS, join the discord from there - prob more important than being in the steam group.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

faantastic posted:

Check out the Sub.io Thread in PGS. We have a discord that we coordinate on now.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

It’s not ok for people to be extremely rude about it or use the Gamer words, but you really shouldn’t play ranked competitive without a mic.

Also I know it’s kind of tough to hang in there through the sewage that comprises the bottom of the CS world but Trust Factor truly is a marvel of online gaming. If you play enough games where you give and receive commendations you’ll eventually only get lobbies with other cool and respectful people.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can you do the commendations and stuff in cs2 as well?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
i am really missing a few of my old tricks on maps like inferno and overpass. do like it a lot though, despite having a lower framerate it.... feels smoother?

New tick system doesnt seem all there though. Seen team mates and myself get shot a good bit after we go behind walls and such

Also no scoping is easy now

https://streamable.com/99m0dk

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I played a grueling short match on train last night to get my rank back so I can get beta, only to lose 7-9. In a 1v1 the opp was under 5hp and my teammate crouch walked from Z all the way across B site, then just tried to stick defusing without even watching for the guy lol. Guy just completely gave up.

So I’ll have to try again tonight

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Pandaal posted:

Also I know it’s kind of tough to hang in there through the sewage that comprises the bottom of the CS world but Trust Factor truly is a marvel of online gaming. If you play enough games where you give and receive commendations you’ll eventually only get lobbies with other cool and respectful people.

Yeah as I've played more games it has become a bit better, I am not sure where it put me for trust factor after not playing for ~7 years but my last 5 games have been mostly better.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Yeah I received one already.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Woodenlung posted:

i am really missing a few of my old tricks on maps like inferno and overpass. do like it a lot though, despite having a lower framerate it.... feels smoother?

New tick system doesnt seem all there though. Seen team mates and myself get shot a good bit after we go behind walls and such

Also no scoping is easy now

https://streamable.com/99m0dk

Overpass especially has been screwing with me. There's spots I swear I had cover before but now I'm just wide open.

Same with inferno, just seems way easier to lock down Banana at CTs.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Yeah but you have to do it through the scoreboard for now. They don’t have the prominent commendations menu on the end screen yet but I hope they plan to add it.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08wUEQVIMuM

It's good to be good but to be lucky is divine

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

i wanna get into this new counter strike but i will not suffer getting a mm rank in cs:go. i only want to suffer in the new game

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nam Taf posted:

No cl_righthand 0

Guess I'm never playing CS2 then

I loving can not and will not have my weapon on the right. Goddamnit!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Misc posted:

i wanna get into this new counter strike but i will not suffer getting a mm rank in cs:go. i only want to suffer in the new game

Same. I haven't played a normal match in so many years. I'm so bad already I prefer to be bad in the new game

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like that I'm at a point in my rank where I can only gain points. The sting of doing 3100 damage, getting 34 kills and losing isn't as bad.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
3400 antieco damage, 0 impact... impressive

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Any tips for those games where you can't seem to get momentum going? Some games I'm keeping pace with everyone on the team, either 2nd or 3rd on the scoreboard then others I'm bottom fragging with 50% of the damage due to just getting absolutely merked on entry/first angle

Just the way she goes? What do you do to try and get some momentum?

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

I mean, some positions are going to get more action than others on CT. Like, playing B cat on Mirage is going to be either very low fragging if you're doing a decent job or super busy if the team actually knows how to execute.

The best thing for me has been to find positions I like to play and watch pro demos on them to understand how they work, and how rotations work off of them.

Otherwise, definitely don't undervalue "staying alive", which is the critical most lacking skill in 99% of players who are otherwise fine shots. Sometimes you're going to be clutch for the team and bottom fragging just by not dying.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
cs2 is a lot of fun but they need to fix the sound, make health and ammo ui customizable, fix wacky collision, and fix picking up guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

A TURGID FATSO posted:

cs2 is a lot of fun but they need to fix the sound

Yeah they do I have all these voicecels screaming into my ear all the time