Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

oh my god TCU, how are you the sloppy team

:flag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dango Bango posted:

Deion backing up the hype is huge for college football

Looks like the refs are backing it up

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

If I recall correctly some of the original Colorado players who got replaced by his transfers were saying that sanders basically ignored then made no effort to help them find a new school after he unceremoniously cut them.

His job is to make the best team he can, but it really sucks for those guys who had a scholarship then suddenly didn’t

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol Joe Milton piefacing that dude

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Insertnamehere31 posted:

If I recall correctly some of the original Colorado players who got replaced by his transfers were saying that sanders basically ignored then made no effort to help them find a new school after he unceremoniously cut them.

His job is to make the best team he can, but it really sucks for those guys who had a scholarship then suddenly didn’t

They can just pay the tuition and stay in school not like they going pro if Colorado is where they landed

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nice to see Tennessee's offense show up that drive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There were also people mad for him telling last years roster they were likely cut while doing the standard college football coach ego trip. Which is just dumb

They all deserved to be cut. The only thing that bothered me about that bit was somehow not allowing them to share their video with places they were trying to transfer to, that part just sucked.

Anyway they've been doing a good job of disguising their offensive line issues it seems with quick timing routes and taking a shot now and then. Combined with TCU just not running the danged ball on the other side. Feel like the big boys are going to be their downfall this year eventually (possibly in this game), everyone else can play a little.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Lol frogs

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Really?! Shoving Hunter down from behind when the ball is in the air is NOT PI? Ok refs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

how the gently caress did last year happen for TCU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TCU can't get out of their own way

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
No forward progress?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

won every week 30-29. Then they didn't anymore.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's gonna stand as called

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

They had an entire team of super seniors who are no longer there.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So narrowly a fumble

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

They had an entire team of super seniors who are no longer there.

And a whole hell of a lot of luck going for them in a few games.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So Oklahoma is pretty pissed about how bad they were last year huh

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm coming around; this is so goofy that I can't help but like it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

TCU big mad they're losing to Colorado

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

pillsburysoldier posted:

Deion hype is fun

What were people mad about him for again? I remember there were really stupid reasons and some not so bad reasons but i only remember the "he didnt pay his dues!" scolds

Besides the hype it also rubbed some people the wrong way that he basically cast himself as a savior to HBCU football and then jetted pretty quick for Colorado.

It makes sense in terms of his career progressing, but the way he talked about being an HBCU coach and then how he left was not super cool and because he is so hyped and public about it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jaylen Wright is so good.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

siriuslysomething posted:

Besides the hype it also rubbed some people the wrong way that he basically cast himself as a savior to HBCU football and then jetted pretty quick for Colorado.

It makes sense in terms of his career progressing, but the way he talked about being an HBCU coach and then how he left was not super cool and because he is so hyped and public about it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

He will do the exact same thing to Colorado as soon as he has a better offer.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

siriuslysomething posted:

yeah, Prime's "SWAC, c'est moi" deal is probably the worst thing he did, and it's also the one that harrumph sports talking heads are the least likely to care about

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Not a TD but still a good run.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Anyone who doesn’t believe that Prime’s loyalty is to anyone or anything other than Prime is a fool

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

peacock's first big ten game will not end up like the big ten network's first game

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Is this the last year of covid year extended players?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm curmudgeonly about the hype.

Speaking of curmudgeonly I'm getting more annoyed at refs taking two minutes to call a simple false start penalty.

And getting it wrong I think with the runoff, because the clock wasn't running?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Boston College is lucky this game is on the ACC network

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Everybody got an extra year so we've got a couple more if we're counting 2020 freshman

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1698026214425043234

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Rectal Placenta posted:

If you were a freshman in 2020, you'd have 21, 22, 23, and 24 as your 4 years. Not sure if you can add another redshirt year or not.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Cones on the sideline for FG range is kinda clever

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Arkansas State looks kinda hapless but still happy about 45-0 before halftime

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm coming around; this is so goofy that I can't help but like it

It feels like a graphic EA might try out in like NCAA 09 and then abandon the next year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

If McNamera hadn’t transferred in there’d probably be a non-zero amount of Iowa fans petitioning for Caitlin Clark to be the starting QB

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rectal Placenta posted:

JT Daniels suiting up for the Rice Owls in a couple hours

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

DC Murderverse posted:

If McNamera hadn’t transferred in there’d probably be a non-zero amount of Iowa fans petitioning for Caitlin Clark to be the starting QB

i'd be one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sonny Dykes be a hero and the first coach to forget you can't call two time outs in a row anymore.