Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ex post facho posted:

reminder that they still haven't released this memo

A common misconception, that's the unredacted and complete text of why the democrats deserve your loyalty and votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Has Biden really ratcheted anything up vis a vis China versus Trump? Trump started the trade war and while Biden didn't drop the protectionist tariffs, democrats never undo what the republicans enact. The rhetoric seems to be about the same to me but I'm not on Twitter. Either way it's nothing like openly pouring arms and material support into a country they're currently at war with, personally I think it crosses a line from just antagonism but I'm not Putin.
biden is worse than donald the dove.

iirc AUKUS was biden. and they're also trying to wrangle south korea and japan into a military alliance against china.

also he put sanctions on the ASML so they can't sell their lithography machines to china and ramped up chip sanctions.

https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2023/08/30/2099944/

quote:

First, they limit China’s access to advanced semiconductors necessary for data-intensive artificial intelligence (AI) models, supercomputers and hypersonic missiles. Second, the measures curtail China’s ability to create these cutting-edge chips by preventing China from using US-built semiconductor design and manufacturing equipment, including the electronic design automation (EDA) software required to design advanced semiconductors.

amusingly enough, huawei chose yesterday (when commerce secretary gina raimondo arrived in china) to release their new 5g Mate60 phone made with all chinese-made components including a 7nm chip

https://twitter.com/baoshaoshan/status/1696804795246584123?s=20

https://twitter.com/gonglei89/status/1695956087579759088?s=20

biden also banned americans from working for chinese semi-conductor companies

crepeface posted:

illegal to for American citizens/green card holders to work for Chinese semi conductor companies now?

https://twitter.com/NikkeiAsia/status/1579947488022528000?t=Sehtz6TY7PV2kfO_gcTGMQ&s=19

quote:

U.S. export controls on China have expanded to block "U.S. persons" -- both citizens and permanent residents -- from supporting the "development" or "production" of certain high-end chips that could advance Chinese tech applications from military use and artificial intelligence to supercomputers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hashtag sanctions fail

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

COPE 27 posted:

They were literally caught on leaked diplomatic cables telling the Pakistanis "hey if you depose the PM who won't support war in Ukraine we'll move you back into the good boy team" and a week later Khan was arrested and charged with corruption

Yeah that's what I found out after searching for it. Weird that such a thing wasn't bigger in the mainstream media the way such events were in the Trump era, I wonder why that is when I know that so many democrats sincerely care about foreign interference?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

iirc AUKUS was biden. and they're also trying to wrangle south korea and japan into a military alliance against china.

also he put sanctions on the ASML so they can't sell their lithography machines to china and ramped up chip sanctions.

https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2023/08/30/2099944/

amusingly enough, huawei chose yesterday (when commerce secretary gina raimondo arrived in china) to release their new 5g Mate60 phone made with all chinese-made components including a 7nm chip

https://twitter.com/baoshaoshan/status/1696804795246584123?s=20

https://twitter.com/gonglei89/status/1695956087579759088?s=20

Alright you convinced me

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

crepeface posted:

lmao just doing the qian xuesen thing all over again except on a mass scale

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cerebral Bore posted:

lmao just doing the qian xuesen thing all over again except on a mass scale

lol that they treated him like poo poo so went back to his own country and lead the dongfeng rocket development, big L for the US there.

imagining the next batch of returning chinese scientists coming up with quantum supercomputing or something

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

crepeface posted:

lol that they treated him like poo poo so went back to his own country and lead the dongfeng rocket development, big L for the US there.

imagining the next batch of returning chinese scientists coming up with quantum supercomputing or something

I'd say ITER, except they're already lapping ITER on fusion, aren't they? The US probably shouldn't have diverted all of its funding into a separate failed program.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah that's what I found out after searching for it. Weird that such a thing wasn't bigger in the mainstream media the way such events were in the Trump era, I wonder why that is when I know that so many democrats sincerely care about foreign interference?

The last guy to publish leaked diplomatic cables is being tortured to death.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

crepeface posted:

Yet more examples of the United States only able to punish and not build anything.

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 73 days!)

Ash Crimson posted:

*Guile voice* CHRONIC GOON

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

snopes rates this five pinocchios because harvard educated professionals have fewer children on average so harvard would not be able to fill every slot with legacies and sports kids and billionaires' kids

Your logic is wrong, sir. It is premised on the idea that every Harvard graduate marries another Harvard graduate. If only half of Harvard graduate marry other Harvard graduates, then they would still be able to fill every slot with just 1.5 children per graduate.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

The last guy to publish leaked diplomatic cables is being tortured to death.

And that person's name was sexpig by night. RIP.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
release the sexpig messages!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ytlaya posted:

Your logic is wrong, sir. It is premised on the idea that every Harvard graduate marries another Harvard graduate. If only half of Harvard graduate marry other Harvard graduates, then they would still be able to fill every slot with just 1.5 children per graduate.
are you implying that they might marry... Yale graduates :ohdear:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Weka posted:

release the sexpig messages!

Who do we want?
Sexpig!
When do we want them?
By night!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bump

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

This is the first election cycle of my lifetime where I genuinely can't guess how things are going to go among an unusually broad spectrum of possible outcomes. It's also the first one where I'm also not sure I have a preference among those outcomes.

I'd love the for the dems to eat poo poo but the vibes this cycle are crazy

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

This is the first election cycle of my lifetime where I genuinely can't guess how things are going to go among an unusually broad spectrum of possible outcomes. It's also the first one where I'm also not sure I have a preference among those outcomes.

I'd love the for the dems to eat poo poo but the vibes this cycle are crazy
Biden's going to win for lack of other options, and things will become even more stupid. 2028 should be interesting though

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its 50-50 so far

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Biden is going to win. By hook or by crook.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

israel, having genocided and settled gaza now sets its sights on an even more west bank, the continental united states. biden gets coup'd, madonna is appointed as interim colonial manager

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

This is the first in my lifetime where I wouldn't be at all surprised if either major candidate dies of natural causes before Election Day.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

This is the first in my lifetime where I wouldn't be at all surprised if either major candidate dies of natural causes before Election Day.

its so funny that both we are going to have a rematch of the two worst guys in the world and no one can do anything to stop it aside pray for death

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Trump and Biden both truly embody the absolute worst parts of America and are basically living refutations of all the things we state we believe.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Trump and Biden both truly embody the absolute worst parts of America and are basically living refutations of all the things we state we believe.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

israel, having genocided and settled gaza now sets its sights on an even more west bank, the continental united states. biden gets coup'd, madonna is appointed as interim colonial manager

Israel already couped America

we are israel's client state, not the other way around

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Death to Israel
Death to America
Death to the democrat party

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

really queer Christmas posted:

Death to Israel
Death to America
Death to the democrat party
Many people are saying this!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

its so funny that both we are going to have a rematch of the two worst guys in the world and no one can do anything to stop it aside pray for death
I'VE GOT A MESSAGE FROM 2028
YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE IT

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Halloween Jack posted:

YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE IT

Praying for death has been banned under penalty of life sentence.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bump

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE IT

is it "temperatures are rising faster than expected"?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I hope Genocidin' Biden loses in a landslide to Trump, who somehow has less blood on his hands than any president I can remember

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
American Brahmin spend almost all of their free time attempting to justify their place in society not only to themselves but to the people around them. They believe, like narcissists, that the entire world is an extension of themselves. Every time they interact with the other (anyone blue collar) they experience ego rupture. I just wish it happened every year.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I hope Genocidin' Biden loses in a landslide to Trump, who somehow has less blood on his hands than any president I can remember

:eyepop:

Also, been sayin this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1713930337599013143