Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

Isn't UFC merged with WWE now?

Maybe he gets to get his skinny fat rear end kicked by Loser Paul. Battle of the failures.

lol i forgot ... theres no place for him now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol all that effort to get punk to come back and he didnt even last two months before getting into another fight over stupid poo poo and getting fired

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Seems like a real fun guy to be around

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Probably a real party animal

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

they created a whole entire tv show to act as a containment zone where punk didn't have to work with anyone he didn't like and let him run around with a pretend world title that he could defend in an eternal four-way against ricky starks, samoa joe and jay white

and then he got fired two months later for getting into a fistfight with sideshow luke perry's kid literally as they're counting down to open the biggest show in their history

but I'm glad I was there for the Last CM Punk Match Ever though

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

they created a whole entire tv show to act as a containment zone where punk didn't have to work with anyone he didn't like and let him run around with a pretend world title that he could defend in an eternal four-way against ricky starks, samoa joe and jay white

and then he got fired two months later for getting into a fistfight with sideshow luke perry's kid literally as they're counting down to open the biggest show in their history

he got owned

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Who's he gonna apologize to in the WWE locker room next, only to be kindly asked to leave after Paul calls his boss?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Not just the biggest show in the company's history but one of the biggest shows in the history of wrestling. Hell, they even rehired his friend who was part of the attack on the Bucks to smooth things over even further. He had everything he ever wanted just handed to him and it still wasn't enough.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Jokes aside given the business it's honestly really impressive AEW actually managed to handle this. Hell just go through some of the effortposts in this thread and there a million stories of petty drama queens making asses of themselves like this and being rewarded for poo poo like this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'm rather quick to point and laugh at Punk because, lol, but I'll admit that I just did some cursory googling about what happened. Does anyone have any details on hand yet what happened and how much of a dipshit Punk now definitely proved himself to be?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

David D. Davidson posted:

Jokes aside given the business it's honestly really impressive AEW actually managed to handle this. Hell just go through some of the effortposts in this thread and there a million stories of petty drama queens making asses of themselves like this and being rewarded for poo poo like this.

imo, up until now, they didn't manage it well at all.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

look in my eyes
what do you see?
denial that the problem's me

e: vvv u can't see it but my hand is raised in interest on a Punk retrospective

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 2, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So... anyone want me to do a CM Punk effortpost?

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm rather quick to point and laugh at Punk because, lol, but I'll admit that I just did some cursory googling about what happened. Does anyone have any details on hand yet what happened and how much of a dipshit Punk now definitely proved himself to be?

The short of it is that upon coming back, Punk had no issue dishing out insults in public, but if somebody said something about him, it would set him off. Jack Perry was one of those guys. During his All In match, Perry looked to the camera and made reference to his recent tiff with Punk, saying, "Cry me a river." Punk confronted him upon Perry walking back through the curtain. An argument happened and Punk put him in a chokehold. During the chokehold, some monitors got knocked onto Tony Khan and Samoa Joe had to break things up. Punk yelled that he was going to quit and Joe had to talk him into doing their match (which was next) because Joe really wanted to wrestle in Wembley.

Now, there are conflicting reports over who did what in parts, but what's important is that this is all on camera. Due to the importance of the show, cameras were everywhere, so they were able to cut Punk loose in less than a week based on what happened back there.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

David D. Davidson posted:

he got into a physical fight in front of tony kahn and tony was hit by some of the monitors Punk got his contract terminated just cause instead of being paid to leave lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk pissing away all the good will he had has been fun to watch what a fall from grace lol

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm punk pissing away all the good will he had has been fun to watch what a fall from grace lol

It was kind of amazing watching Dynamite, taking place in Chicago, after the All In incident and not hearing a single "CM PUNK" chant. People are just loving tired.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

it feels like punk's problem is that he took everything seriously in an industry where you can't take anything seriously

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gavok posted:

It was kind of amazing watching Dynamite, taking place in Chicago, after the All In incident and not hearing a single "CM PUNK" chant. People are just loving tired.

people like to make fun of Cody and they should, but I feel like completely ignoring Punk for this bullshit is infinitely more cruel and more deserved and also way funnier.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Cody at least has the good grace to take his mockery in stride. Punk, OTOH, if he read this thread he would be trying to fistfight the anthropomorphic personification of SA, and unfortunately for him, lowtax has already tapped out.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

lol tony khan is going to hire cm punk back because he a fuckin mark

if he knew better he wouldn't have let him back onto the show

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

rndmnmbr posted:

Cody at least has the good grace to take his mockery in stride. Punk, OTOH, if he read this thread he would be trying to fistfight the anthropomorphic personification of SA, and unfortunately for him, lowtax has already tapped out.

Now I'm rather sad lowtax never had a chance to be in a wrestling match

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

SirPhoebos posted:

lol tony khan is going to hire cm punk back because he a fuckin mark

if he knew better he wouldn't have let him back onto the show

It would be more cost effective and less of a headache to acquire the CP Munk costume and put it on a jobber for some laughs.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

rndmnmbr posted:

I don't talk poo poo about CM Punk because he seems like the kind of psycho who'd show up at your house for it if he saw it, and I don't need that drama in my life.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
It was insane that Tony kept punk around after the scrum and fight with the elite, but I guess I get giving him another chance as like a hey maybe he can do better but punk has always been incredibly petty so

Edit: gently caress saw the post above mine I'm hosed

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
a fun game might be to try to think of all the things that would have to be true for punk to not be the rear end in a top hat. it's a lot of things

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

It was insane that Tony kept punk around after the scrum and fight with the elite, but I guess I get giving him another chance as like a hey maybe he can do better but punk has always been incredibly petty so

Edit: gently caress saw the post above mine I'm hosed

TBF, the Bucks aren't exactly angels themselves, and you don't abuse your executive VP position to confront a colleague you're professionally disagreeing with in the middle of the night when tempers are still hot. There's plenty of blame to be spread around that night. Also, what transpired that night is literally a matter of he said-she said, as it wasn't caught on camera.

My takeaway from this latest incident is, it's all on glorious 4k video footage, if anyone has any questions they can refer to that. That's probably why they're using the term "for cause," because that particular language when it comes down to contract employees is loaded with meaning that can and will win the released party a bucket of money if your proof is not impeccable before a civil jury when the inevitable lawsuit happens. That they're saying that is basically daring CM Punk to sue for breach of contract, they got all they need to nail his flayed hide to the courtroom walls.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

TBF, the Bucks aren't exactly angels themselves, and you don't abuse your executive VP position to confront a colleague you're professionally disagreeing with in the middle of the night when tempers are still hot. There's plenty of blame to be spread around that night. Also, what transpired that night is literally a matter of he said-she said, as it wasn't caught on camera.

My takeaway from this latest incident is, it's all on glorious 4k video footage, if anyone has any questions they can refer to that. That's probably why they're using the term "for cause," because that particular language when it comes down to contract employees is loaded with meaning that can and will win the released party a bucket of money if your proof is not impeccable before a civil jury when the inevitable lawsuit happens. That they're saying that is basically daring CM Punk to sue for breach of contract, they got all they need to nail his flayed hide to the courtroom walls.

Lol, they brought the head of the legal department with them and earlier that night Punk said that if anyone wanted to talk to him his door was open. His door was locked. And his side was caught lying multiple times about the incident. But they're no angels.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk has gone from saying wrestlers court and locker room culture is stupid to whining about how no one respects him and how he should be a locker room leader

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Even punk himself admitted that:

1. He threw the first punch in that fight

And

2. He doesn't know that they actually did the thing that he's mad about in the first place

Either way it was attacking Jack Perry that ultimately got him fired, and at this point good riddance.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did not know that apparently the whole Jack Perry thing was caught on camera and that was why they are able to use the "terminate with cause" terminology.

lol

lmao

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm punk has gone from saying wrestlers court and locker room culture is stupid to whining about how no one respects him and how he should be a locker room leader

Amber from Chapo Trap House was right.

"Yesterday's progressives are tomorrow's boomers."

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Lol, they brought the head of the legal department with them and earlier that night Punk said that if anyone wanted to talk to him his door was open. His door was locked. And his side was caught lying multiple times about the incident. But they're no angels.

Yeah, because initiating a high level conduct investigation and/or disciplinary hearing in the middle of the night is totally professional conduct from company executives.

Either way, at this point who cares. Phil got his second chance and pissed it away inside of two months. Good loving riddance.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Yeah, because initiating a high level conduct investigation and/or disciplinary hearing in the middle of the night is totally professional conduct from company executives.

Either way, at this point who cares. Phil got his second chance and pissed it away inside of two months. Good loving riddance.

They work at night. They were at work.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

SatansOnion posted:

look in my eyes
what do you see?
denial that the problem's me

https://twitter.com/kayfabenews/status/1698129547919519861

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They gave him his own show and let him decide who could be on it and he still managed to gently caress it all up.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe CM Punk could be the next effort post? Would love to hear more about how he got to this point.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

Even punk himself admitted that:

1. He threw the first punch in that fight

And

2. He doesn't know that they actually did the thing that he's mad about in the first place

Either way it was attacking Jack Perry that ultimately got him fired, and at this point good riddance.

It wasn't just attacking Jack. During the scuffle some monitors were knocked over and some of the backstage staff got really worried that they were going to get hurt. Then apparently after Punk and Jack were separated Punk did that schoolyard bully intimidation thing where he made a short lunge toward Tony Khan. He basically threatened the boss and Tony even said that in his speech before Collision. It wasn't just wrestlers who felt unsafe around Punk, it was innocent randos backstage just trying to help run the show who felt like Punk could snap and attack any one of them for no good reason

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
What is it about CM Punk that compells people to defend him? From his first aew press conference I knew he'd be trouble. He's a petty rear end in a top hat who thinks he's the best ever when the reality is in an era when there's three active wrestlers who are in the argument for best ever he's pretty average at actually wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A friend of mine was once at a ROH show where a fan threw a bottle at Punk. Punk rightfully chased the guy out of the building. Several of the fans were following this and my friend asked him if he was okay. Punk, all worked up and pissed off, got in his face and went, "You got a problem?! You want some of this?!" at him.

Can't help but think about that incident right about now.