Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

This Is the Zodiac posted:

He's flipping through file folders.

Only 80s kids get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Medullah posted:

This is from one of the dumbest people I know

What is... What is he....... What?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Spongebob does not vote republican imo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Spongebob does not vote republican imo

Of course not he's an ILLEGAL so he ILLEGALLY votes for the Dems! BUILD THE UNDERWATER WALL

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Medullah posted:

This is from one of the dumbest people I know

Yes, that's truly strange that a political candidate would go through files, study or organize information relevant to public issues that might affect their electability or that they might be asked in a debate or by reporters.

Insane.

And couldn't we just as easily photoshop this dumb thing, change the headline to "REPUBLICANS" and put in files labeled:

- Jesus Freaks
- Abortion
- Proud Boys/Racists
- Media
- MIC
- Guns
- The Gays

and make it equally unfunny and less clever?

Who am I kidding? Thiers would only have two. TRUMP and KKK

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 1, 2023

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

pizzagate, sparkling pizzagate, pizzagate citrus blast, pizzagate zero

blood libel, sparkling blood libel (satanic panic), rainbow blood libel (trans panic)

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 1, 2023

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

One with a hastily crossed-out BENGHAZI and instead HUNTER'S LAPTOP written in with pencil.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Medullah posted:

Of course not he's an ILLEGAL so he ILLEGALLY votes for the Dems! BUILD THE UNDERWATER WALL

OPERATION SEAWALL

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

BiggerBoat posted:

Yes, that's truly strange that a political candidate would go through files, study or organize information relevant to public issues that might affect their electability or that they might be asked in a debate or by reporters.

Insane.

And couldn't we just as easily photoshop this dumb thing, change the headline to "REPUBLICANS" and put in files labeled:

- Jesus Freaks
- Abortion
- Proud Boys/Racists
- Media
- MIC
- Guns
- The Gays

Binders full of women
mexico
war of 1812
vacines
ufos
cancelled anything especially racist/sexist garbage
delicious animals

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Upsidads posted:

Binders full of women
mexico
war of 1812
vacines
ufos
delicious animals

We didn't start the fire~

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Animal-Mother posted:

What is... What is he....... What?

He's letting his fingers do the walking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but I thought Hitler was good? also I sometimes like russian leaders.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And the postwar leadership of Germany famously did not arrest anyone for crimes that they had committed while in office.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Why isn't Putin on that list :thunk:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Why don't you go where fashion sits
Putin on the list

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

Why don't you go where fashion sits
Putin on the list

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Love to learn Bush and Al Zararhi were friends, actually

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

All of them, ever

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

BiggerBoat posted:

Insane.

- Jesus Freaks
- Abortion
- Proud Boys/Racists
- Media
- MIC
- Guns
- The Gays

LonsomeSon posted:

pizzagate, sparkling pizzagate, pizzagate citrus blast, pizzagate zero

blood libel, sparkling blood libel (satanic panic), rainbow blood libel (trans panic)

disposablewords posted:

One with a hastily crossed-out BENGHAZI and instead HUNTER'S LAPTOP written in with pencil.

Brawnfire posted:

OPERATION SEAWALL

Upsidads posted:

Binders full of women
mexico
war of 1812
vacines
ufos
delicious animals
How did every one of you manage to miss what they actually used in 2016 and 2018?

Caravans yo

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Conspicuously absent: leftists were their political opponents.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a whole lot more leaders you could paste into that list if it's just "imprisoning leftists who might someday become your political opponent" too. Salazar, Perón, Verwoerd, Lenin, Mugabe, Ted Heath. It's a popular hobby.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Islamic Shock posted:

How did every one of you manage to miss what they actually used in 2016 and 2018?

Caravans yo

In fairness, it can be hard to keep up.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Caravans yo

I didn’t want to come up with a bunch of flavors for racism for my lists tbh

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Caravans yo

Mine was just an Operation CWAL joke

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They're so close to getting it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
E: picture didn't work

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

*breathes in*

*breathes out*

*breathes in*

You're right! Actual biology in the world shows us that our imperfect classifications are just that - imperfect! Taxonomy is after all a construct, an attempt to map the complicated web of biological relationships across mass populations instead of small-scale family trees. But the map is not the territory and it can only tell us so much! So perhaps it would be useful to approach the concept of subspecies in a similar way, acknowledging more that we're dealing with minor regional or circumstantial variation across a number of species, much as we have with a messy concept often rooted in bigotry like race!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So...white people are domesticated?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Have you seen how we act when Mr Brightside comes on at a party or when it’s pumpkin spice latte season? I don’t think “domesticated” covers it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Nothing gets white people turnt like Sweet Caroline (Bah bah bah!)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

I don’t think y’all understand, if the map isn’t the terrain then WHAT ABOUT ARE PHREADOME

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they want to talk the kind of quantitative genetic variation that biologists use for subspecies of animals, then there's more of that between Zulus and Somalis than there is within the whole of Europe and Asia (and not enough to warrant calling anyone a 'subspecies').

That's part of the statistical evidence used in favor of the Out of Africa genetic diversity theory.

If they just want to use superficial visual cues like levels of skin melanation or phrenological skull shape crank quackery, then that might be why someone is calling them a bigot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok so domestication syndrome in animals is actually kinda neat and why dogs have shorter snoots and floppier ears than wolves (plus mottle markings).
Basically you domesticate an animal by finding the ones that reach sexual maturity but never physical or emotional maturity. Which is "Tameness"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also Quayshawn Spencer pretty much exclusively writes about races and clades in humans, whether any 'folk races' have any biological merit, whether the fact that in heavily racialized societies people tend to associate with their own ethnic groups means that race is statistically useful in anti-racism measures, etc. and I'm fairly sure that nobody calls him a bigot or a racist.

Probably because he always starts off with something along the lines of "if you've come here to find out which race is the best, you should leave because we're not doing that."

If racial subspecies meme person (who is also doing the laziest 19th century style "the three races are whites, blacks, and Asians" bullshit) is being called a bigot, there's a reason for that. And it's probably because they have ideas about 'the best one' rather than that nobody is ever allowed to talk about it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I think the weirdest take on the "we're actually different species" quackery are the terminally online activists who deny both the land bridge theory and the coastal migration theory in favour of a "we've always been here" theory as if Native/First Nations/indigenous ancestors just magically appeared one day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TinTower posted:

I think the weirdest take on the "we're actually different species" quackery are the terminally online activists who deny both the land bridge theory and the coastal migration theory in favour of a "we've always been here" theory as if Native/First Nations/indigenous ancestors just magically appeared one day.

Yeah the people that do the "race is made up" and "you're the racist for pointing it out, I love everyone, all lives matter" are generally doing it to be followed with "So we don't need reparations, affirmative action, lawsuits for racially profiling because race isn't real"

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Medullah posted:

Yeah the people that do the "race is made up" and "you're the racist for pointing it out, I love everyone, all lives matter" are generally doing it to be followed with "So we don't need reparations, affirmative action, lawsuits for racially profiling because race isn't real"

Some people seem to genuinely not understand that race can be socially real and needing addressing, but biologically trivial and morally loving nothing, but those waters are muddied to hell by people who deliberately want to confuse the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Some people hear the term "social construct" and think it's synonymous with "nonexistent". Yes, social constructs are "made up" in that humans came up with them for a myriad of reasons, some nefarious some benign, but that doesn't mean they aren't things that affect people's lives.