Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
SR4 didn't let you pick genitals separately from the rest of your body; there was a slider that either made your bulge or your tits bigger depending on masc or femme body, but it did let you pick any voice for your character regardless of body and also change the pitch on it how you wanted. I made my boss Chance Boudreaux from Hard Target, and picked the French femme voice and pitched it down to around where JCVD's register is, it worked half decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
yet more discrimination against the r/childfree community

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Dipshits on steam remind me of the time some developer on steam went full chud and started melting down posting anti mask stuff in the patchnotes for his game and eventually pulling this poo poo and getting the game removed from Steam.

A shame. Domina looked kinda fun before all that crap started, it was moderately successful and I had friends who loved it. He just had to piss it all away.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

yet more discrimination against the r/childfree community

you're right there's not enough very novel-accurate harry potter costumes in any of these games

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Midnight Voyager posted:

No, that's the Baldur's Gate 3 Steam forum. I think they're whining that if you side with the goblins, the kids are all murdered before you get there.

:psyduck: I thought it was starfield, lol. If they want to kill those kids so bad just go in there and throw them off a cliff. You can just do that. Also when you go to free a bear from the goblin prison there's a goblin child who immediately tries to tell the guards, so you either have to just murder that kid, or let them go tell the guards and turn it into a huge clusterfuck.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Nuebot posted:

:psyduck: I thought it was starfield, lol. If they want to kill those kids so bad just go in there and throw them off a cliff. You can just do that. Also when you go to free a bear from the goblin prison there's a goblin child who immediately tries to tell the guards, so you either have to just murder that kid, or let them go tell the guards and turn it into a huge clusterfuck.

Yeah i mean, i absolutely killed thoae kids. Felt bad but they became flaming chjnks double fast once theh ran for the guards

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

But they can't murder ALL the kids ALL of them, those tiefling kids are dead when they get there in the raid, they wanted to kill the kids!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

...! posted:

The gently caress is a Harvestella

It’s a game

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Terraria is apparently introducing a non-binary voice option down the track, which is impressive and also still kinda lol for what amounts to pain grunts from getting hit.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The posters on my favorite indie game's Steam forum kept asking when the devs are gonna let the main character gently caress their cousin.*

They're still better than most Steam posters

*The devs' answer is "Never. We don't want to be known as the makers of That Incest Game."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

emSparkly posted:

Dipshits on steam remind me of the time some developer on steam went full chud and started melting down posting anti mask stuff in the patchnotes for his game and eventually pulling this poo poo and getting the game removed from Steam.

A shame. Domina looked kinda fun before all that crap started, it was moderately successful and I had friends who loved it. He just had to piss it all away.

Jesus christ that is some insane Kiwifarms bullshit

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

emSparkly posted:

Wow, glad I beat the game before all that crazy poo poo went down. Didn't expect a game about a woman who runs a gladiator school to have such a chud developer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

The posters on my favorite indie game's Steam forum kept asking when the devs are gonna let the main character gently caress their cousin.*

*The devs' answer is "Never. We don't want to be known as the makers of That Incest Game."

What game is this? That seems like such a bizarre ask.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Bravely speaking truth to power through a series of aggrieved messages in the patch notes of my obscure indie video game, just like MLK would have done.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Regy Rusty posted:

Scarlet Hollow, an indie horror CYOA in early access. It's extra-weird to me because the cousin character is plain and frumpy:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

credburn posted:

But then we have to go after Rowling's kids and it just never ends

No just make inherited property forfeit to the state.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh man, I had such a petty complaint over that game, that I can completely understand that the developers wouldn't be bothered to change, but every time I start up a chapter in the game, I can't help but think about it.

Every chapter opens with the establishing line:

'the twenty-six hours of bus rides with countless late-night stops in seedy depots that felt unsafe even in the middle of the day.'

If the PC only stopped at these depots in the middle of the night, then they wouldn't know that they would feel unsafe in the middle of the day. Yes, I knows it's petty, but it kept niggling at my brain every time I saw it.

Otherwise, it's a fine enough visual novel.

Samovar has a new favorite as of 06:21 on Sep 3, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Just play Crusader Kings if you want to gently caress your cousin.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Samovar posted:

Oh man, I had such a petty complaint over that game, that I can completely understand that the developers wouldn't be bothered to change, but every time I start up a chapter in the game, I can't help but think about it.

'the twenty-six hours of bus rides with countless late-night stops in seedy depots that felt unsafe even in the middle of the day.'

If the PC only stopped at these depots in the middle of the night, then they wouldn't know that they would feel unsafe in the middle of the day. Yes, I knows it's petty, but it kept niggling at my brain every time I saw it.

I dunno, I get that. I've definitely been to places at night that give me a vibe of 'I know I'm not seeing it in the best situation, but even if it was the best situation it wouldn't look good'. And several of those places are public transport stops!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Pookah posted:

Lol, this is so painfully true.

If female + fat = all conditions heal with weight loss.

If female - fat = all conditions are psychological.

Try therapy to fix chronic joint pain.

Organ issues are hallucinations. Lose weight.

It took me twenty years to get an asthmatic cough diagnosed. The doctor before the one that diagnosed me decided my coughing was all in my head and recommended yoga. Then I went to a female doctor for the first time, she ran the exact same tests, got the exact same results and just as I was bracing myself for another "Well, you're coughing, don't know why.", she just said "Yeah, that looks like an asthmatic cough. Here's the prescription, here's what you do."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I dunno, I get that. I've definitely been to places at night that give me a vibe of 'I know I'm not seeing it in the best situation, but even if it was the best situation it wouldn't look good'. And several of those places are public transport stops!

It’s a tense issue. The idea isn’t absurd, but “felt” means the narrator was there in the middle of the day and felt their bad vibes (which is wrong since we’re told they’re there at late night). If it was “feel” (as in “'the twenty-six hours of bus rides with countless late-night stops in seedy depots that feel unsafe even in the middle of the day.”) it would mean the narrator got the idea they would have bad vibes during the day from the narrator seeing them at night.

English is a gently caress!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's a perfectly cromulent sentence you big dork

Hail postmodernism, death to grammer god and America!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Philippe posted:

We're going to see a return to the miasmatic theory of disease spread in our lifetimes, mark my words.

Can't have that, people wore masks to protect from miasma too!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Samovar posted:

"would have felt" would fix the issue

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dabir posted:

"would have felt" would fix the issue

Bingo.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Hey someone dissed snus a while back and I'm sorry but that's lesbophobia

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Air Skwirl posted:

Is this about someone claiming copyright should expire the moment the author dies, it's hyperbolic (if everyone can make a Harry Potter movie, being able to make a Harry Potter isn't worth as much, so mercing Rowling isn't worth it compared to just paying her for exclusive rights).

In circumstances like Rowling I can pretend to believe Warner would get sick of her having creative control while producing crap like Fantastic Beasts and alienating fans and deciding the murk option was a better use of their money. Though it depends on if they'd keep the film etc rights once the author died or they'd have to be renegotiated.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

endocriminologist posted:

Hey someone dissed snus a while back and I'm sorry but that's lesbophobia

ive never met anyone ever that uses snus but tbh this feels legit

the only person ive ever met that chewed tobacco was the star pitcher of my aunts softball team, a family friend that looking back was very clearly a middled aged lesbian woman and she was hard as gently caress

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
People who chew tobacco hoard their own spit

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Chewing tobacco is a disgusting habit but it actually tastes good and the buzz is pretty intense.

Always reminded me of a raisin/molasses flavor.

I don’t chew but I tried it just to see.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I don’t know anything about starfield but Adam savage and his tested team are scratch building a space ship model for Bethesda and it’s fun to watch. Ignore the game and it’s players and just follow that process. You’ll be happier

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The “masks are social control!” hysteria is extra absurd in 2023. I live in the most performatively progressive, Fox News liberal nightmare city in America (Seattle) and since Biden declared the state of emergency over I’ve typically been one of less than five people wearing a mask at any given indoor public space.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
You would think that, in the year 2023, chuds would do a teensy bit of research before buying to see if a new game has things like "woke" body types or minorities if that's so important to them, but I suppose it's even more important for them to be extremely low-stakes martyrs.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
By offering the choice of body type you are oppressing them. If you think about it, you are basically Hitler (who was unfairly maligned by the woke mob, by the way).

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

ive never met anyone ever that uses snus but tbh this feels legit

the only person ive ever met that chewed tobacco was the star pitcher of my aunts softball team, a family friend that looking back was very clearly a middled aged lesbian woman and she was hard as gently caress

I started using Snus in college because you didn’t have to spit and I could do it while studying or working my retail job. It was also 2 tins for $3. I’ve been off and on for the last decade with it, but the biggest reason to not do it now is that tins have gone up to $7.50 each.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pancho Jueves posted:

You would think that, in the year 2023, chuds would do a teensy bit of research before buying to see if a new game has things like "woke" body types or minorities if that's so important to them, but I suppose it's even more important for them to be extremely low-stakes martyrs.

but they they can't performatively say they are refunding the game but actually keep the game and spend hundreds of hours playing it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Henchman of Santa posted:

The “masks are social control!” hysteria is extra absurd in 2023. I live in the most performatively progressive, Fox News liberal nightmare city in America (Seattle) and since Biden declared the state of emergency over I’ve typically been one of less than five people wearing a mask at any given indoor public space.

The funny thing is, I am in reddest swamp Florida and I see almost exactly the same kinds of numbers. I’ll go into a Publix or a Walmart and there will be at least two or three people of varying descriptions with masks on

It’s almost like the proportion of people who scream online to the people who just live normal rear end lives in the real world is real small

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Honestly most of the people I see that don't mask aren't vehemently against it, they're just lazy, passive, or forgetful. Probably a good percentage of them would wear one if you really insisted, or simply leave.

Reactionaries are really big on wearing politics on your sleeve, and so to them being forced to wear a mask is like being forced to wear a humiliating donkey mask on their face as some kind of power play.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Pancho Jueves posted:

You would think that, in the year 2023, chuds would do a teensy bit of research before...

Okay, let me stop you right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pancho Jueves posted:

There was that one negative review from someone calling themselves a loyal From Software fan who said they refunded the game when they found out it was a mech game