Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We have a shitload of limes from a friend's tree so I made tom yum from scratch for dinner, I was a bit suss on how simple and quick it was but it was really nice. Had it with vermicelli and tofu. An entire cup of lime juice to 2.5L of broth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/michibot1/status/1697889802580815940

only orgasms october
no nut november

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

isn't it horrifying how the past just evaporates over time? All the thousands of things that happened in a year 20 years ago reduced to a couple of faint impressions, mental pictures and vignettes, until eventually there's not even that.

I can't decide if Lexapro is great or terrible or both.

:350:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carth Dookie posted:

isn't it horrifying how the past just evaporates over time? All the thousands of things that happened in a year 20 years ago reduced to a couple of faint impressions, mental pictures and vignettes, until eventually there's not even that.

Blow playing the long game sock puppet with this one

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Carth Dookie posted:

did you see that the badger song is 20 years old too?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
20 years ago i was doing build me up buttercup at karaoke and i remember it perfectly. everyone loved it and i sang very well

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
bullshit that i have to make my own honey jumbles like a peasant

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Thanks for all the super nice encouraging comments thread. Its gonna be a long while until I actually get the surgery, I've gotta go through a ton of tests first including a cat scan, a pet scan, a sleep deprived EEG, a bunch of memory tests and stuff, and the horrible week long test in the hospital where they try to induce a seizure and scan it. But I'm pretty sure they're good at microsurgery at this point and it shouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I just hope the surgeon doesn't walk in with juggalo facepaint and a turban.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caesar Saladin posted:

Thanks for all the super nice encouraging comments thread. Its gonna be a long while until I actually get the surgery, I've gotta go through a ton of tests first including a cat scan, a pet scan, a sleep deprived EEG, a bunch of memory tests and stuff, and the horrible week long test in the hospital where they try to induce a seizure and scan it. But I'm pretty sure they're good at microsurgery at this point and it shouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I just hope the surgeon doesn't walk in with juggalo facepaint and a turban.

Ask if they have stairs in their house, ideally before the anesthetist is giving you the funny gas and asking you to count backwards.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
As the gas is going in

"Hey do you have stairs in your house"
"No but the narwhal bacon's at midnight"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Any Adelaide goons get your rear end to a 1919 Lanzhou Noodle joint (there's one in the city and one at Marion) because gently caress me if it isn't the tastiest bowl of noodles you'll have and it's been about 7 years since the only decent Lanzhou joint moved to Melbourne.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 3, 2023

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Adelaide isn't real it's just one of those joke myths

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's true, we are

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
4 thirty on a sunday afternoon, might have a nap

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Breetai posted:

Any Adelaide goons get your rear end to a 1919 Lanzhou Noodle joint (there's one in the city and one at Marion) because gently caress me if it isn't the tastiest bowl of noodles you'll have and it's been about 7 years since the only decent Lanzhou joint moved to Melbourne.

What are the primary ingredients/tastes in this bowl?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Bald Stalin posted:

:piss:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Bald Stalin posted:

Beef, scallion, coriander, whole bunch of northwest Chinese (very similar to middle eastern ) spices and a poo poo-ton of chili. Also that entire bowl of soup has one noodle in it: the noodles are hand-pulled using a doubling technique that means that the entire thing is continuous. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOz5UZ4NutU, skip to 1:40 if link is busted) They also make the noodles to order, so before you sit down your noodle is still a lump of dough. It's as fresh as possible and just loving great.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

4 thirty on a sunday afternoon, might have a nap

Best thing. I'm annoyed I waited til my 40's before I realised the bliss that is an arvo nap.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

EoinCannon posted:

We have a shitload of limes from a friend's tree so I made tom yum from scratch for dinner, I was a bit suss on how simple and quick it was but it was really nice. Had it with vermicelli and tofu. An entire cup of lime juice to 2.5L of broth.

Recipe?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.eatingthaifood.com/tom-yum-soup-recipe/

I used 850gm of tofu instead of prawns and a small can of coconut cream instead of evaporated milk for the creamy version. I'm sure it would taste richer with prawns. Served over vermicelli to make it more of a meal

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Best thing. I'm annoyed I waited til my 40's before I realised the bliss that is an arvo nap.

had to force myself awake at 6 though because i was very close to waking up at 10pm

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Stoked to have a makrut lime tree next to my back fence.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
very cool of channel seven to run a kids are being forced to be trans special

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Seven's always been the home to bigots.

had to force myself awake at 6 though because i was very close to waking up at 10pm

Always have a big glass of water before a nap and let your bladder be your alarm clock.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

they kept deleting the promo for it and reuploading it because it had multiple pictures of people that havent actually detransitoned and are perfectly happy being trans lmao what a pack of cunts

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fucks sake why do we have to go through this every loving time society tries to evolve to be more inclusive? :smith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

These poo poo me in particular. Bunch of women campaign against injustice against women (correctly) and then try to pull the loving ladder up behind them cuz some women were born with the wrong junk and thus "don't count". I hate bigots but I hate hypocrites more.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
loving ugly as hell.

Repeat of the gay panic from the 80s, only now it's trans kiddies.

The internet and the 24 hour news cycle makes things even worse. At least as a gay man in the 80s you could be invisible if you wanted/needed to and find a quiet refuge.

Nowadays the hate just follows you everywhere.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

is this real?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

damnit, I should have known

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Fucks sake why do we have to go through this every loving time society tries to evolve to be more inclusive? :smith:

In short. Haters gotta hate.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
doesnt second spiderverse have a trans flag in gwens bedroom or a bi flag

one of the flags

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8dB_0z3Fk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A shitload of progress hasn't actually been made on a lot of things, at least certainly not nearly as much as media likes to push it. You gotta keep kicking bigotry's teeth in every step of the way.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
https://twitter.com/LilahRPGtt/status/1698302073564225838

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

doesnt second spiderverse have a trans flag in gwens bedroom or a bi flag

one of the flags

The fan theory is that Gwen is actually trans.

Due to a combination of the trans flag + the trans colour palette being used in a pivotal scene where Gwen reconciles with someone (Gwen's universe uses colour as a way to show emotions.)

It's never explicitly stated, and it's not a bad theory.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

that's pretty fuckin' good. I feel a bit better now.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A shitload of progress hasn't actually been made on a lot of things, at least certainly not nearly as much as media likes to push it. You gotta keep kicking bigotry's teeth in every step of the way.

amazing how these fascist shits spring up from time to time like mushrooms after rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

that's pretty fuckin' good. I feel a bit better now.

I'll stick my hand up for having to drop by Auspol for some clarification on it, due to mainly having stayed clear of all the talking heads, and it really feels like the Yes camp have absolutely loving biffed the messaging on this.

The Referendum book in, which was my first real good look at the arguments, is particularly atrocious for how confusing they make the Yes argument.

Scroll down to the 'Technical problems presented in simple language' section of this article.
Makes it clear and simple to understand what you're actually voting on and what that means, rather than all the pulling of heart strings nonsense in the booklet.