Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
When you spend thousands of dollars to poo poo in mud

https://i.imgur.com/9vwx0DA.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Rofl

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The man burns with Fyre.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rumor has it that the playa is infested with flesh-eating fairy shrimp.

That’s the truth.

I mean, the shrimp aren’t eating flesh, but it’s true that the rumor is going around.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Rumor has it that the playa is infested with flesh-eating fairy shrimp.

That’s the truth.

I mean, the shrimp aren’t eating flesh, but it’s true that the rumor is going around.

gently caress you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

spread your blood through the air
if yous a real playa

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cuz the muds filled with fairy shrimp baybays

Baybay

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t let the Lahontan cutthroat trout show you how they got their name.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the burning man is father nurgle

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Can't report this, but this joker is using his star to spread fake news

That's why I call him Discendo Vox Nihili

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

was that the actual picture utz posted? seems like it'd be very hard to confuse any of those with maybe a corpse. should be gone for icky weird posting in general but lol if it was actually one of those pictures

yeah it was the one captioned "A Burning Man attendee lies down in the mud and water at the event on Saturday." As I said I was pretty sure it wasn't a real corpse, but at the time (and still) i can't find that actual image using reverse GIS, and whatever search results I put into regular GIS weren't finding it either. Guess the joke worked perfectly

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

another victim of Putler’s war

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RadiRoot posted:

it’s ok the person is fine. first google image search btw

https://www.rgj.com/picture-gallery...ty/70751596007/

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

Like many attendees, the two adopted playa names they are known by all week, and declined to give the names they use in the "default world."
:suicide:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

yeah it was the one captioned "A Burning Man attendee lies down in the mud and water at the event on Saturday." As I said I was pretty sure it wasn't a real corpse, but at the time (and still) i can't find that actual image using reverse GIS, and whatever search results I put into regular GIS weren't finding it either. Guess the joke worked perfectly

lol... bit of an overreaction. that's clearly someone chillin and not a corpse. couldn't even be placed in that peaceful repose because there's big ripple in the water

i mean im glad utz wont be posting for a while because they're a freak for many other reasons but lmao... that's clearly just someone lyin in the mud. there's a ripple!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

On my way to take a dump

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... bit of an overreaction. that's clearly someone chillin and not a corpse. couldn't even be placed in that peaceful repose because there's big ripple in the water

i mean im glad utz wont be posting for a while because they're a freak for many other reasons but lmao... that's clearly just someone lyin in the mud. there's a ripple!

yeah in retrospect I'm certainly glad it is not a real corpse, it seemed pretty unlikely to me at the time but I couldn't find it on reverse GIS or any basic keyword searches. It may have been an overreaction but I'm glad it turned out to be just a gross bit regardless.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

there are going to be so many people who come out of this with big-brained ideas about how to treat refugee camps

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

speng31b posted:

yeah in retrospect I'm certainly glad it is not a real corpse, it seemed pretty unlikely to me at the time but I couldn't find it on reverse GIS or any basic keyword searches. It may have been an overreaction but I'm glad it turned out to be just a gross bit regardless.

you did fine.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

well i for one am going to be forever haunted by the foot thing utz said because when i reverse image searched that image the only matches were two different links to wikifeet which i will not click and i do not understand how they are linked or why utz apparently knew of such a connection

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

well i for one am going to be forever haunted by the foot thing utz said because when i reverse image searched that image the only matches were two different links to wikifeet which i will not click and i do not understand how they are linked or why utz apparently knew of such a connection

lol yeah I also saw the feet links on reverse GIS last night and had a wtf moment.

anyways, I asked vyelkin to decide if they want to reduce the punishment since there's proof it was just a gross bit.

personally i think you shouldn't pretend to live blog corpses from burning man to the forums or even pretend to live blog about the feet of passed out strangers to the forums as a bit, but i can't speak for everyone.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
free utz but also imprison utz for 10 days for posting unironically about feet

(one day for each toe they would've sucked)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

personally i think you shouldn't pretend to live blog corpses from burning man to the forums or even pretend to live blog about the feet of passed out strangers to the forums as a bit, but i can't speak for everyone.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
speng messaged me to say he got this one wrong and would like the probe reduced so I'll do that, but I'll still give two weeks because "here's a random photo of a stranger, think I'll pretend they're dead and sexualize their feet for attention on the internet" is a pretty terrible bit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

speng messaged me to say he got this one wrong and would like the probe reduced so I'll do that, but I'll still give two weeks because "here's a random photo of a stranger, think I'll pretend they're dead and sexualize their feet for attention on the internet" is a pretty terrible bit

Too lazy to check but presuming this is the same thing the "lol look at this lady chud's fupa" post, good call imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wrong crime, correct punishment

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol @ the GIP guy that isn't able to recognize jokes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao at 4 of the dumbest gbs types getting upset about ebola at burning man "disinformation" posts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
(Big Pun) I'm not a playa I just flood a lot

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at 4 of the dumbest gbs types getting upset about ebola at burning man "disinformation" posts.

well they're right. it's not ebola. it's marburg.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Marberging man

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

the ripple could be from the death fart. you don't know

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Weka posted:

the ripple could be from the death fart. you don't know

Death Sharting

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lib and let die posted:

Death Sharting

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love when a story has a happy ending

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonchi/status/1698311919042535885

:woop:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

there's no wishing for death involved at all

I was saying boo-urns

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sam, Bleeding Shitman here; if walking in the mud is draining too much of your stamina, you can always call Dirty D for a lift. Press the touchpad to yell out for him!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The official site is very funny.

2023 Wet Playa Survival Guide

quote:

The weather forecast indicates potential rainfall overnight Saturday 9/2 into early Sunday 9/3. This adds to an already saturated playa.

quote:

We do not currently have an estimated time for the roads to be dry enough for RVs or vehicles to navigate safely. Monday late in the day would be possible if weather conditions are in our favor. We will let you know. It could be sooner, and it could be later.

quote:

Pro tip: If you have to walk around, cover your shoes with a pair of socks — it will help prevent the playa mud from sticking to your shoes.

quote:

Hotel rooms in Gerlach are full, and moving to Reno is your best option for a good night’s sleep if you choose to leave the playa.

Trying to decide if "this adds to an already saturated playa" or "moving to Reno is the best chance for a good night's sleep" is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol